• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minamu

Maybe that Big Sean ft. Nicky Minaj "A$$"? But that is a song from 2011 tho =/

I can't sing of any party song like that...
Nah that ain't it, wrong genre :/ Can't say I've heard either voice before so it's not minaj for sure ;)

Edit: We found it, Will Sparks - Ah Yeah So What

That felt good xD

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Foxes truly came isn't? Her album is fantastic.

5a5d3fe607.gif

Maybe that Big Sean ft. Nicky Minaj "A$$"? But that is a song from 2011 tho =/

I can't sing of any party song like that...
Doing pretty well on Metacritic at the moment too.
11d5edf9b0.png

Glorious has a 61 MC.

MrV4ltor

This wasn't funny the first 30 times I saw it on my twitter feed and it still isn't.

On another note, Gaga is currently at the Oscar lunch and she looks 100 times better than at the Superbowl. Whoever does her hair must really want to sabotage ha, letting her go out in front of 110 million people looking a mess and then send her off to an event where only 5 cameramen are at looking like she's at the damn Oscars themselves.

CauPvLKW0AAAjYT.jpg

I'd like to interrupt the faux stanning of Formation outside of its video going on right now to bring some attention to music actually worth stanning for.

Nao, the neo soul R&B singer from the UK, just crept up on me while I was in the mall shopping and I had to find out more about her. I don't know if any of you heard of her but if not, then listen and hold on to your scalps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7vHqhRXZpY NSFW video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuocmqLRgOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VERnAKFviY

She's got two EPs out ( So Good and February 15) with an album due out this year. Stay perched

Love Nao! I can't listen to the links but I'm assuming they are Bad Blood, Adore you and Apple Cherry... If not, get into those as well as Good Girl and Superego with Disclosure :)

I've finally had a good listen with ANTI and I'm ready to give my 2 cents on the album........ When I get another break lol

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This wasn't funny the first 30 times I saw it on my twitter feed and it still isn't.

On another note, Gaga is currently at the Oscar lunch and she looks 100 times better than at the Superbowl. Whoever does her hair must really want to sabotage ha, letting her go out in front of 110 million people looking a mess and then send her off to an event where only 5 cameramen are at looking like she's at the damn Oscars themselves.

CauPvLKW0AAAjYT.jpg

Agreed on that meme not being funny.

Disagree on her "looking like a mess" at the Superbowel.

I for one thought she looked amazing. What's wrong with her hair? Her look was theatrical and remained very Gaga-esque. She gave it her own flair without going too over the top for the event. I for one feared she would go too far the other way in order to try to fit in to the event: a boring "normal" look to pander to the str8s.

B99355707Z.1_20160207191822_000_G1BQ2SVT.1-0.jpg

MrV4ltor

Agreed on that meme not being funny.

Disagree on her "looking like a mess" at the Superbowel.

I for one thought she looked amazing. What's wrong with her hair? Her look was theatrical and remained very Gaga-esque. She gave it her own flair without going too over the top for the event. I for one feared she would go too far the other way in order to try to fit in to the event: a boring "normal" look to pander to the str8s.

B99355707Z.1_20160207191822_000_G1BQ2SVT.1-0.jpg

The hair looks unwashed, the bump in the front makes her forehead look 10 times larger than it really is and you could clock the lacefront from 10 miles away. The outfit I'm okay with, but the facetaping also has to stop. She didn't tape her face for that Oscar lunch and you can really tell. She looks 10 times younger when she doesn't do it.

Love Nao! I can't listen to the links but I'm assuming they are Bad Blood, Adore you and Apple Cherry... If not, get into those as well as Good Girl and Superego with Disclosure :)

I've finally had a good listen with ANTI and I'm ready to give my 2 cents on the album........ When I get another break lol

Haven't listened to Apple Cherry yet, but its up next. I've heard all the other songs you mentioned (and are mentioned in my post) and I'm just enamored with her voice and the production of her songs. I can't deal right now

tumblr_inline_mr1oos5CsP1qz4rgp.gif

Frodo

I decided to watch lady gaga's rendition of tssb and... who is delusional enough to compare that to Whitney?

I mean, twice she tried to emulate runs Whitney herself did when she sang at the superb owl, so comparing that is fair enough, but let us not even entertain the idea that those two singers are even slightly on the same level. And let us not start with the pre-recorded thing now. Either know the limits of your fave, or stan someone who can sing better so you don't have to bring other people's legacy down to make your fave look better. lg did a good enough job, but no dragging Whitney will make lg's rendition better. Just deal with the facts.

Everything about this superbowel was disappointing, to be quite honest. Not impressed in the slightest.

The Flop

Banned
Whew, this week has been too much.

First Beyonce kind of slayed me a bit with her video which I thought would never happen.

Then Gaga came out at the Superbowel and blew everyone away with her Whitney level vocals. Wow!

Even more shocking, with Rhat entering a new phase in her career; that of a gigantic, irrelevant flop; it's quite impressive how Gaga managed to take Rih's place as the new Queen of the Straights with a single performance. Queen.

eW36wdq.gif

This tea is spot on.

Yado

Suddenly I'm ooooooovercome
Dissolving like the setting sun
Like a boat into oblivion
Cause you're driving me awaaaaaaay

D66gqin.gif

Vazra

It's kind of criminal
When you mess with my head
But it turns me, turns me on
Every time I see red

Of your wicked love, wicked love, wicked love, wicked love
Hurts when I hold your
Wicked love, wicked love, wicked love, wicked love
But it's worse when it's over
dc73a2448b.gif

Haven't listened to Apple Cherry yet, but its up next. I've heard all the other songs you mentioned (and are mentioned in my post) and I'm just enamored with her voice and the production of her songs. I can't deal right now

tumblr_inline_mr1oos5CsP1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah, she's definitely different. I hope she comes out with a full length soon :D

---

ANTI - To simply put it, I haven't listened to ALL of Rihanna's albums but I feel like starting from the experimental one is kind of the best way to go right? Lol Anyways, for the most part.....I liked it. Some songs were wishy washy, I didn't know how to feel about them and other really showcased what she's better at. For one, I wish Rihanna would really quit trying to sing. She's not a vocalist and every song where she attempts to go above her range is cringy at best.

My official tally is 7/13 which is not bad. Seems on par with how I felt about ARTPOP and SELF TITLED

Favorite songs are

1. Consideration
2. James Joint
3. Kiss it Better
4. Work
5.Woo
6. Yeah, I Said It
7. Same Ol' Mistakes (Loved the original song by Tame Impala so it was cute to hear a female voice on it)

So I guess this is a "Loving" Grade. I don't hate it and I could listen to those songs all the time. So job well done, though it was critically her worst album ever. Imo, it's not and maybe it was just a bit overstated in how bad it was.

Mau ®

On the contrary, I believe Rhat should explore what she's doing on sings like "Higher" and "Love On The Brain". And critics agrih with me.

Taylor the favorite to win? Over Beauty Behind the Madness?!?!?! To Pimp A Butterfly?!??!?!?

tumblr_m1pofdTEI91qjpkhao1_400.gif

Yup. "To Pimp a Butterfly" is coming for the AOTY.

Floridian

Mau ®;194647236 said:
On the contrary, I believe Rhat should explore what she's doing on sings like "Higher" and "Love On The Brain". And critics agrih with me.

I want her to expand on the "experimental" path that ANTI went on. No time for basic pop anymore.

uOepjaO.gif

Vazra

How is Anti critically her worst album ever when the MC is on par with the second best scored album? Also I want Rhat to experiment more cause this was that album I liked by her.

I complete disagree with Higher and Love on the Brain. Horrid songs right there...ESPECIALLY Higher. She was really trying to reach for notes that did not agree with her vocals. I like when Rih is more grounded in her experimental. I could do Higher and Love on the Brain if it was sung differently by her but it's current form is just no.

And also, I didn't see her current MC score. It was in the low 60's when I last saw it. Didn't know it jumped to 72. Then it's not her worst.

Mau ®

I want her to expand on the "experimental" path that ANTI went on. No time for basic pop anymore.

uOepjaO.gif

Yes. She won't be dissuaded anymore by the pop machine. Music is no longer her main income generator. This isn't a Rated-R situtation where she was literally broke. Today, as much as the cretins like to convince themselves, Rihanna is the most marketeable celebrity and that's in an age where she didn't release an album for 3 years. She can, and will, afford more stuff like this now.

Vazra

I complete disagree with Higher and Love on the Brain. Horrid songs right there...ESPECIALLY Higher. She was really trying to reach for notes that did not agree with her vocals. I like when Rih is more grounded in her experimental. I could do Higher and Love on the Brain if it was sung differently by her but it's current form is just no.

And also, I didn't see her current MC score. It was in the low 60's when I last saw it. Didn't know it jumped to 72. Then it's not her worst.

Higher the vocal delivery gives the drunk vibes she talks about in the song and that gives it character. Sure its cracked out but it has a feeling behind it which makes it fitting to what she is singing in the song.

Mau ®

"Higher" is clearly her impersonating a character. The vocal is intentional. Not sure why it's so hard to understand. Obviously she can't reach those notes in a perfect manner.

Higher the vocal delivery gives the drunk vibes she talks about in the song and that gives it character. Sure its cracked out but it has a feeling behind it which makes it fitting to what she is singing in the song.

If that's the case, then I'll digress. But I still can't get behind those vocals. It's just grating and I like weird stuff like that. It just was not clicking for me.

exactly this. I can definitely picture her, drunk off her ass, calling someone up and sounding exactly how she sounds like on Higher. Its great.

Love on the Brain is masterful, didn't know she could do traditional R&B like that. I would love for it to be a single, but it'll probably go to Kiss it Better and Close to You

Vazra

exactly this. I can definitely picture her, drunk off her ass, calling someone up and sounding exactly how she sounds like on Higher. Its great.

Love on the Brain is masterful, didn't know she could do traditional R&B like that. I would love for it to be a single, but it'll probably go to Kiss it Better and Close to You

I like Higher exactly because it gives you the whole mental pictures without even watching a MV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom