• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Those clearly racist reviews of beyobce's performance... Messy af.

9aWM6Nj.jpg

Floridian

Some Superbowl ratings

Lady Gaga National Anthem - CBS – Super Bowl 50
Viewers: 110.19 million (#1), A18-49: 36.3/80 (#1)

Superbowl Halftime Show - CBS – Super Bowl 50
Viewers: 100.83 million (#1), A18-49: 34.6/72 *#1)

Well, Out of the performances, Gaga truly did win. Yikes at the 20m decrease though between halftimes.

Not Gaga getting more viewers than the Half-Time Show

I guess that's normal though, right? I imagine people slowly taper off after the first quarter. lol

Mau ®

It's funny how whenever Bey's involved on the Halftime the ratings drop from the previous year :ahh:

Coldplay was trash though. I can't even stan now :(

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
and does anyone remember HAIM lol... talk about a flash in the pan

What an odd thing to say. Alberm #2 is hitting this year, and they're on some of the new Primal Scream. Hopefully they continue moving more indie than pop, i.e. stop hanging out with Hitlor.

Days Are Gone is still one of the most infectious, bop-soaked debuts in ages.

rhandino

Banned
Those clearly racist reviews of beyobce's performance... Messy af.
I lowkey love how all kinds of blatant racist comments are trying to go unnoticed behind the word "urban" and the times when people drop the pretense and start asking "Why is Beyonce trying to be so ghetto now?"

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
rewatching gaga's anthem and ive only just realised that the bbc feed of it cut out the shot to the soldiers in Afghanistan
I did think it strange that everyone started cheering really loud when there was no big note

also just realised that Mark Ronson was on the dj deck just before bruno popped up

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Coldplay got a huge bump on itunes for all their songs
i dont understand the gp

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Whew, this week has been too much.

First Beyonce kind of slayed me a bit with her video which I thought would never happen.

Then Gaga came out at the Superbowel and blew everyone away with her Whitney level vocals. Wow!

Even more shocking, with Rhat entering a new phase in her career; that of a gigantic, irrelevant flop; it's quite impressive how Gaga managed to take Rih's place as the new Queen of the Straights with a single performance. Queen.

eW36wdq.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;194601720 said:
It's funny how whenever Bey's involved on the Halftime the ratings drop from the previous year :ahh:

Coldplay was trash though. I can't even stan now :(

tbh it has a lot to do with how the game is going. If the game is boring (as was the case this year, the score technically wasn't close), then a lot people change it off. If the game is good (close game) than even more people watch during the halftime show. The games attached to Bey's halftime shows weren't spectacular.

and I can't at my local radio station saying Gaga was heads and shoulders above Whitney's version......

78de1ae06c.gif

First Beyonce kind of slayed me a bit with her video which I thought would never happen.

Then Gaga came out at the Superbowel and blew everyone away with her Whitney level vocals. Wow!

Even more shocking, with Rhat entering a new phase in her career; that of a gigantic, irrelevant flop; it's quite impressive how Gaga managed to take Rih's place as the new Queen of the Straights with a single performance. Queen.

eW36wdq.gif

"Whitney level vocals"

Stop drinking this early in the day, Cersei.

MrV4ltor

tbh it has a lot to do with how the game is going. If the game is boring (as was the case this year, the score technically wasn't close), then a lot people change it off. If the game is good (close game) than even more people watch during the halftime show. The games attached to Bey's halftime shows weren't spectacular.

and I can't at my local radio station saying Gaga was heads and shoulders above Whitney's version......

78de1ae06c.gif

Would your local radio station lie? I don't think so
proxy.php

Floridian

Billboard Top 10

1. Zayn - Pillow Talk
2. Justin Bieber Love Yourself
3. Justin Bieber - Sorry
4. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
5. Adele - Hello
6. Drake - Summer Sixteen
7. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
8. Flo-Rida - My House
9. The Chainsmokers - Roses
10. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I

Zayn blasts onto the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Feb. 20) at No. 1 with "Pillowtalk," his first solo single after departing One Direction. The pop singer/songwriter (full name: Zayn Malik) makes his first trip to the top of the Hot 100 after peaking as high as No. 2 with 1D (with the group's 2013 single "Best Song Ever"). He also earns an honor not achieved since a former Beatle more than 45 years ago (read on).

ojL7BcR.gif

Whitney's version is completely definitive and nothing has come close to touching it and likely never will.

But, Whitney's performance was pre-recorded. Yes, she still sang it at one point and slayed it, but it was still pre-recorded, meaning it was possibly cleaned up a bit or mildly refined prior to the show. I don't think I've seen Whitney completely nail the studio versions of her songs in a live format, so could she have replicated that National Anthem performance perfectly if she sang it live?

On a technical level, Gaga isn't on Whitney's wavelength; very few are. But I'll say that Gaga's rendition is up there with the very best, and in some cases a notch above some SB performers who actually are on Whitney's level. Considering where she's come from and how much of her vocal chops have only recently been tapped, that's really fucking impressive.

Gaga's might be the best "live" one I've heard, but definitely not best ever.

Floridian

eW36wdq.gif

Your entire post is 100% delusional. Congratulations

3phemeral

But, Whitney's performance was pre-recorded. Yes, she still sang it at one point and slayed it, but it was still pre-recorded, meaning it was possibly cleaned up a bit or mildly refined prior to the show.
Sis, it doesn't matter if it was pre-recorded. Whitney would still slay it live because it was only out of technical necessity that they pre-record due to the stadiums acoustics. Gaga's version was a vocal showpiece in that "I didn't know she could hit those notes" kind of way but her intonation, delivery and actual musicality ranged from mess to cute at best. Being "up there" with Whitney relative to "similarly skilled" performers is like being second place in a race where first not only lapped you but has already crossed the finish line.

Let's not.

FHdUCR

No hard feelings, though :p

Billboard Top 10

1. Zayn - Pillow Talk
2. Justin Bieber Love Yourself
3. Justin Bieber - Sorry
4. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
5. Adele - Hello
6. Drake - Summer Sixteen
7. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
8. Flo-Rida - My House
9. The Chainsmokers - Roses
10. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I

ojL7BcR.gif

Listened to it, amazing how being in a teenage boy band can limit people vocally

Minamu

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I want to find a party song, possibly from 2015 but unsure; that's when I heard it at least.

It sounds like a regular party song you hear in the dance club, with a black dude (presumably) singing most parts and with a woman singing the main chorus. Frankly, the only part I remember is her singing something along the lines of "ass to the ass" as part of the chorus, but I can't find anything worthwhile googling something like that :lol

It has a pretty heavy beat, maybe similar to Showtek, at least in tempo but more bass. This is driving me and my gf crazy, we're scanning through hundreds of songs and dozens of lists on spotify to no avail here :)

rhandino

Banned
Foxes truly came isn't? Her album is fantastic.

5a5d3fe607.gif

It sounds like a regular party song you hear in the dance club, with a black dude (presumably) singing most parts and with a woman singing the main chorus. Frankly, the only part I remember is her singing something along the lines of "ass to the ass" as part of the chorus, but I can't find anything worthwhile googling something like that :lol
Maybe that Big Sean ft. Nicky Minaj "A$$"? But that is a song from 2011 tho =/

I can't thing of any party song like that rn =/

Sis, it doesn't matter if it was pre-recorded. Whitney would still slay it live because it was only out of technical necessity that they pre-record due to the stadiums acoustics. Gaga's version was a vocal showpiece in that "I didn't know she could hit those notes" kind of way but her intonation, delivery and actual musicality ranged from mess to cute at best. Being "up there" with Whitney relative to "similarly skilled" performers is like being second place in a race where first not only lapped you but has already crossed the finish line.

Let's not.

FHdUCR

No hard feelings, though :p

Lol maybe you're the harsher critic then, I was trying to not be biased when I said hers is top shelf, but "mess to cute at best" sounds way too critical tbh. And yeah, her performance feels top tier because the context around it (she's never been known for her voice, but here she is singing really really well), but even stripping that away you still have a well-executed operatic rendition that stands uniquely among the pantheon of other renditions. Moreover, she showed a consistency throughout without getting sharp/flat or a voice crack, which I know can be problematic for some our of vocalist faves, so that's something. If someone fares a B+ consistently in a song versus serving A+ then dipping to the occasional D-, which is the better performance?

Speaking to that, I think Christina's rendition was just bad. Should have checked her ego before attempting A Capella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom