• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
"I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex, I made that bitch famous"

Did Kanye lie?
giphy.gif

Oh boy...

So, take a seat children while I tell you a story about the single of the decade, which turned 5 years old today
Ca84K8rW0AAHjaG.jpg

Some receipts:
  • Gaga's third #1 single
    and most recent, RIP
  • Debuted live at the Grammy's in this FANTASTIC performance on 13/02 (note: Gaga will be performing at the Grammy's again in 4 days)
  • Sold 448,000 in it's first week, consisting of only three days, and became the most downloaded single by a female artist in the first week
  • SOLD EVEN MORE THE 2ND WEEK, selling 509,000 copies and staying at #1, breaking a record previously held by Clay Aiken for debuting and staying at #1
  • Went on to stay at #1 for 6 WEEKS !!! before MV and Spotify streams counted for Billboard
  • Became the fastest selling song to reach 1m copies sold on iTunes, reaching this peak in 5 days
  • Has since gone on to sell 4.5m in the US and been certified 4x Platinum
  • The MV meanwhile went on to win 17 out of the 22 awards it was nominated for, including MTV Japan's Video of the Year, MTV's EMA VOTY, and the VMA's Best Female Video and Video with a Message.
tumblr_lvw3h5iSXU1qbephpo1_500.gif
tumblr_lvw3wveGoe1qbephpo1_500.gif

ICONIC!!!

Frodo

So, take a seat children while I tell you a story about the single of the decade, which turned 5 years old today
Ca84K8rW0AAHjaG.jpg

Some receipts:
  • Gaga's third #1 single
    and most recent, RIP
  • Debuted live at the Grammy's in this FANTASTIC performance on 13/02 (note: Gaga will be performing at the Grammy's again in 4 days)
  • Sold 448,000 in it's first week, consisting of only three days, and became the most downloaded single by a female artist in the first week
  • SOLD EVEN MORE THE 2ND WEEK, selling 509,000 copies and staying at #1, breaking a record previously held by Clay Aiken for debuting and staying at #1
  • Went on to stay at #1 for 6 WEEKS !!! before MV and Spotify streams counted for Billboard
  • Became the fastest selling song to reach 1m copies sold on iTunes, reaching this peak in 5 days
  • The MV meanwhile went on to win 17 out of the 22 awards it was nominated for, including MTV Japan's Video of the Year, MTV's EMA VOTY, and the VMA's Best Female Video and Video with a Message.

ICONIC!!!

All that emulating EXPRESS YOURSELF. Madonna, ha power!

tWn7ni8.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Heard the second half of this yeezy stream and I aint seeing the fuss

and he cut the one song I wanted

Frodo

Since we are talking about GAGA, instead of digievolving theconversation to [ REDACTED ] can we talk about how good Again Again is, and how much dust is paid to it?

I'd stan Gaga if she was still releasing songs like this
and if little monsters weren't so annoying -not you POPGAF

Since we are talking about GAGA, instead of digievolving theconversation to [ REDACTED ] can we talk about how good Again Again is, and how much dust is paid to it?

I'd stan Gaga if she was still releasing songs like this
and if little monsters weren't so annoying -not you POPGAF
She never performed it live and it's missing on a lot of the editions of The Fame :/

I absolutely ADORE the Born This Way Video. It's so Barbarella scifi camp, how could you not?

True, definitely one of her better videos even though it wasn't exactly the aesthetic I was expecting from her

I listened to Born This Way RELIGIOUSLY when it came out, it was the soundtrack to me coming out to my family. Fun times

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think the video was the tipping point for a lot of people
aint nobody wanna see some weird arty self birth

the actual bit with the song is good though

Ca84K8rW0AAHjaG.jpg

Some receipts:
  • Gaga's third #1 single
    and most recent, RIP

ICONIC!!!

Absolute slayage... I still remember when the song first came out... The 30 second snippet on iTunes made me download the song ASAP!
Gaga was everywhere in 2011... Everyone knew she was releasing a new album and the hype was unbearable!
Then Judas came out... Then THE EDGE OF GLORY! OH MY GOD I WAS SLAYED AND IN THAT YEAR I BECAME A FULL ON GAGA STAN! Before I was crazy for The Black Eyed Peas

Here's to LG5 slaying the world again. Cheers to that!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait! Why is the first time I hear about this girl?

She ditched the album Utopia and turned it into an EP (same name as the album) cause she got pissed the album got leaked. The EP wasnt as good as the album but still had bops.

Check her first album Love is Dead and get into her song Army of Love . She has a new song called Feral Hearts coming next week.

Because she is irrelevant but believes that everyone famous has for some reason seen her body of work and is actively copying it
Gaga directly copied her style and it was obvious. Kerli was fine with Bey tho.

Yado

Mau ®;194965800 said:

The only truly good songs I heard were the one with Rih, Real Friends and maybe Wolves. Everything else was mediocre really. The production seems ok but Kanye's verses are probably the worst I've ever heard from him.

He's done.
tumblr_nujikwgXRX1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom