• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

How Many Times

6ipuPJ1.gif

Pretend

2I8Z7f

Now I've found another crush
The lush life's given me a rush
Had one chance to make me blush
Second time is one too late

94eedb9273.gif

lordt, I can't believe I just now decided to listen to this summer masterpiecé.

the {rape} scene was unnecessary and disgusting to be quite honest, and not even in an "effective horror" way. it was just nasty and gross and kind of weird considering Gaga was not two weeks ago releasing an anti-rape awareness video only for this show to trivialise it.

i enjoyed gaga tho and am {perched} for the rest of the eps tbh.

Touchdown

Banned
You all are doing too much on this show although if there was a way to personify an album into a television show, this AHS season would definitely be ARTPOP.

a rape scene.... let me just forget AHS even exists rn

I'm actually surprised AHS has a noticeable fanbase on Tumblr.

I'd figure the show would be too #triggering for some Tumblr special snowflakes. Of course the past two seasons have been more camp than anything. But seasons one and two were both pretty dark and did ~controversial~ things.

Meowster

I'd figure the show would be too #triggering for some Tumblr special snowflakes. Of course the past two seasons have been more camp than anything. But seasons one and two were both pretty dark and did ~controversial~ things.
Nah. Most of Tumblr still has a hard on for Tate - perhaps the most disturbing and sickening character in American Horror Story history (raped women, sodomized men to death, created an abusive relationship with an underage girl). And that was all the way in season one. They clearly only care about these things to a certain extent lol.

Well I'm not a big fan of horror at all so no matter how many times people recommend AHS to me I never feel like watching it. I tried it with Coven and the whole white guy zombie thing didn't do it for me tbh

I think that scene was definitely horrifying, as was the scene with the couple getting killed together, that disemboweling, the chick getting thrown out of a building, the guy losing his eyes and tongue.. Lol

They're all equally terrible things to happen, if one thing's off limits then they all might as well be.

Nah. Most of Tumblr still has a hard on for Tate - perhaps the most disturbing and sickening character in American Horror Story history (raped women, sodomized men to death, created an abusive relationship with an underage girl). And that was all the way in season one. They clearly only care about these things to a certain extent lol.

Expose their hypocrisy.

Ultimately I think art should be unfettered by possible backlash and free to do whatever it wants provided no one is hurt in real life by it of course. We need to examine the darker side of humanity because all too often it's brushed aside for the lighter bits. It's why I'm kind of loving this season so far. It brings the first two to mind and I'm more here for that than the camp.

Meowster

Expose their hypocrisy.

Ultimately I think art should be unfettered by possible backlash and free to do whatever it wants provided no one is hurt in real life by it of course. We need to examine the darker side of humanity because all too often it's brushed aside for the lighter bits. It's why I'm kind of loving this season so far. It brings the first two to mind and I'm more here for that than the camp.
I agree with you and I have issue when dark/horrifying things are thrown out there just for the sake of disturbing you. I don't feel this way with American Horror Story: Hotel yet though. Some of the graphicness of the violence may have been a bit too much, like all the throat cutting was excessive and kinda pointless for one episode, but I feel like there is a definite point to all the gruesome things we've seen so far. I'm intrigued.

Touchdown

Banned
'Cause theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
There's aa liiiiiiiIIIiiiiight in meeeeEEEeeee,
That shiIIIiiiiiiiiIIIiiiines brIIIIiiiiIIiightlaaaaAA AYYYEEEEaaayyyyyAAAAYEYEE!!!!!!!!!!!!,

a8324658ed.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm sexy, I'm cute! I'm popular to boot!
I'm bitchin', great hair! The boys all love to stare!
I'm wanted, I'm hot! I'm everything you're not!
I'm pretty, I'm cool! I dominate this school!
anigif_enhanced-4496-1414622353-50.gif

Who am I? Just guess! Guys wanna touch my chest!
I'm rockin'! I smile! And many think I'm vile.
I'm flyin', I jump! You can look but don't you hump! Whoo!
I'm major, I roar! I swear I'm not a whore!
c59a9df0-ed33-0132-ab1a-0acd8dfea39d.gif

We cheer and we lead! We act like we're on speed!
Don't hate us cause we're beautiful cause we don't like you either!
We're cheerleaders! We are cheerleaders! ROLL CALL!
1438977673-tumblr-m8ezu8jgia1rw5yn2o1-500.gif

the greatest song to ever come from film.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm sexy, I'm cute! I'm popular to boot!
I'm bitchin', great hair! The boys all love to stare!
I'm wanted, I'm hot! I'm everything you're not!
I'm pretty, I'm cool! I dominate this school!
anigif_enhanced-4496-1414622353-50.gif

Who am I? Just guess! Guys wanna touch my chest!
I'm rockin'! I smile! And many think I'm vile.
I'm flyin', I jump! You can look but don't you hump! Whoo!
I'm major, I roar! I swear I'm not a whore!
c59a9df0-ed33-0132-ab1a-0acd8dfea39d.gif

We cheer and we lead! We act like we're on speed!
Don't hate us cause we're beautiful cause we don't like you either!
We're cheerleaders! We are cheerleaders! ROLL CALL!
1438977673-tumblr-m8ezu8jgia1rw5yn2o1-500.gif

the greatest song to ever come from film.
This song speaks to me ;____;

rhandino

Banned
Venus shits tho
I actually agree with this.

My hate for ARTPOOP is very well know but I actually like Venus a LOT, it's like the only really good song on that mess and could have been a very nice 2nd single and also had the potential for a great music vid... but nope! Let's make a video with a child molester for one of trash song and a long ass unfocused video for the 2nd most boring song that year.

Anyway, Alive by Sia is incredible so give ha some streaming coins...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Last month Push The Button turned 10
like fuck, where have the years gone
and where is MKS
and why hasn't Heidi done solo stuff

I actually agree with this.

My hate for ARTPOOP is very well know but I actually like Venus a LOT, it's like the only really good song on that mess and could have been a very nice 2nd single and also had the potential for a great music vid... but nope! Let's make a video with a child molester for one of trash song and a long ass unfocused video for the 2nd most boring song that year.

Anyway, Alive by Sia is incredible so give ha some streaming coins...

Um, as stupidly brilliant as Venus is (I lost my shit at first listen), you can't really shade GUY or DWUW, those are standouts within her whole portfolio, let alone the album.

History will be kinder to ARPTOP. The Majora's Mask of Gaga's discography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom