• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrV4ltor

Yado spilling the truth on PopGAF

The writing was on the wall since even her own label never wanted to FUND the video themselves

Hwk8e6Y.gif

Wasn't Applause VS Roar one of the biggest chart battles of recent times? What other nerve wracking battles/rivalry were there?

That wasn't really much of a "battle" tho. Applesauce didn't come close to Roar on the charts. Roar was the tiger and Applesauce was the sewer rat that was about to die, lbr.

MrV4ltor

Gaga sacrificing her hip for our sins literally fucked up the whole ARTPOP era. Had it started in spring, when it was supposed to, she could've smashed.
She also wouldn't have had time to fuck up some of the production on the album.

I still find it funny how Gaga's worst era ever is compared with Katy's most successful era.

Just goes to show that Katy is only comparable with Gaga's low point and nothing else.

Poor Katy

58114_new-york-tiffany-pollard-flavor-of-love.gif

SaintZ

Um The Teenage Dream era was more successful than the Prism era no?

Anyway, I went to see the Roar and Applesauce yt views....

Roar - 1,308,019,809 views
Applause - 240,868,167 views

The difference is bigger than I thought :death:

What I don't get is why does the Applesauce MV have only 200 M views? It's actually a GOOD MV and isn't 10 mins long like Marry The Night...

... Tbh the GP not having good taste doesn't surprise me...

I wouldn't be surprised if Katy and her team are waiting for Gaga to announce her plans first and will pounce on it straight away.

Roar is one of the biggest hits this decade, same with Dark Horse. There wasn't much female pop presence through most of 2013 so that song was refreshing for people. Gaga was milking her zeitgeist years (2010-2012) so dry to the point that half the listening public was completely over her shit. She didn't really give people a chance to miss her, so when she dropped a song that was essentially more of the same, the writing was on the wall. Katy's people were definitely aware that Gaga was releasing and wanted to do a fun head-to-head, but they were also confident that Gaga had used up her fuel and wasn't smart enough to realize it.

It's good to see that Gaga won't be counting on the momentum from her past eras this time, now she absolutely needs to release great music. If she doesn't then I'd legitimately be disappointed.

rhandino

Banned
If being brought up every 10 pages because the era was basically "Everything you should NOT do" then yes, ARTPOP had >>> impact that Katheryn PRISM in this comm.

But the GP decided that Roar and Dark Horse >>>>>>>> most of Gaga output, in fact is kind of tragic that both songs had more views than Bad Romance and the other "iconic" videos of Gaga considering that Lady Gaga was extremely praised for her videos.

Another legendary rivalries I guess will be JLO vs Godriah, Britney vs Xtincta, Nsync vs Bottom Boys and recently maybe Katheryn vs Hitlord and for some reason I still don't really think that there is a Beyonce vs Rihanna becuase most of the time is just the fanbases going at it and because I can't see Queen B fucking around with Blue Ivy coin maker.

Honestly Beyonce vs Rihanna is the only interesting rivalry that isn't even a rivalry because only pop fans perpetuate it. I'm just so curious about their relationship.

I wonder if they're friends.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Honestly Beyonce vs Rihanna is the only interesting rivalry that isn't even a rivalry because only pop fans perpetuate it. I'm just so curious about their relationship.

I wonder if they're friends.
I doubt Rhat likes spending too much time around actual Talent.

rhandino

Banned
Applause was a slay, and still is, but I guess...

tumblr_o4engvzZph1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
How could it be ahead of its time when the song already sounded date when it released, breh? I found that detail kind of funny because for all its flaws BTW was very unique even by the time Applause released.

Anyway, let's see what Gaga will do now because I found weird the fact that she wasted all the build up of good promo and STILL haven't even released or announced anything.

Oh well, back to American Horror Story, I guess.

Yado

People are going to be interested in whatever she's doing whenever it's out. I don't think she needs to build up hype to release something, especially since she's already taken steps to restore her image.

Frodo

But then Katia will do a Beyonce and relase a full album and 13 videos at the very same time drawing all attention to her. She will lead with a song called Regina George and she will have both Linday Lohan and Rachel McAdams as guests on the video.

We will all go back to asking "Lady who?" when someone by chance mentions Gaga.

Aguila

#ICONIC
But then Katia will do a Beyonce and relase a full album and 13 videos at the very same time drawing all attention to her. She will lead with a song called Regina George and she will have both Linday Lohan and Rachel McAdams as guests on the video.

Yup. And if it's not Katy, it'll be somebody else. These girls don't know how to take advantage of the gaps between big music releases.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

fuck
that video concept sounds good

I'm ready for katy to turn up the heat on swizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom