• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrV4ltor

The only Lana songs I've listened to are High By The Beach, Summertime Sadness, Video Games and Gods and Monsters.
I avoid her most of the time, because I know her music will bore me to death.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Hitlor has released her tour video for new romantics
with a charming voice over that will make you feel queasy

royalan

Honeymoon and Ultraviolence were a mistake. They're nothing but trash.

The first 10 tracks of Born to Die really transcended anything we've heard in Pop music, either before or since.

Blue Jeans alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Super late, but since I can't talk about Lana (not having listened to any of her albums) I thought I'd chime in.

Britney Spears: Slave4U
Madonna: Into the Groove
Rihanna: Cold Case Love (Same Ol Mistakes and Needed Me may replace it)
Beyonce: Signs
Kelly Clarkson: Addicted
Lady Gaga: Just Dance
Katy Perry: Dark Horse
Kesha: Blow?
Xtina: Loving Me 4 Me
Mariah Carey: Always Be My Baby (this was really hard, Mariah is perfection)
Taylor Swift: I Knew You Were Trouble

Touchdown

Banned

The first 10 tracks of Born to Die really transcended anything we've heard in Pop music, either before or since.

image.php

no

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I know the critical consensus (and the one in this community?) is that FROOT is a much better album than Electra Heart but I could not disagree more.
Every track on EH is good to great, even four years later it still sounds fresh.

True, longer than the week it came out.

Honeymoon knocked Lana down from a top 3 fave to just an artist I enjoy. Ultraviolence had a lot of amazing moments though.

The truth of this though
When I joined here my main fave was Gaga with Azealia, Kesha and Lana in a joint second. Yet I just tried listening to Honeymoon due to all this chat and couldnt get further than four tracks in because it bored me so much, and Ultraviolence hasn't had a lasting impact on me.
I'd probably replace her with Britney or Kylie (maybe Bey if her next album is of the same quality and sound as Formation/Selftitled)

edit:
Kelly Clarkson has had her baby, and named it Remington
she is really gonna go hard for that country crowd

Mau ®

1989 is better than EMOTION. I know ya'll like rooting for the underdog but the charade must stop now.

Nothing on FLOPOTION comes close to "Style" or "Clean". It's that simple 💅

Decarabia

I'm probably biased, since she's one of my faves, but, based on the singles alone, I wasn't too hot on UV when it released.
It wasn't until I heard the entire album in one sitting that I could finally admit it was (and is) Lana's best alber.

Let's face the facts here.
EMOTION > 1989
UV > BTD/Paradise/Honeymoon
Pure Heroine > The albums mentioned above.

tumblr_mb7talJdFO1qfx0b8o1_500.gif

Matt_

We’ve broken up and now I regret it
I said goodbye when I shouldn’t have said it
I even cried but I never meant it
And I don’t know why but I can’t forget it

Gimme love, gimme dreams, gimme a good self esteem
Gimme good and pure, what you waiting for?
Gimme everything, all your heart can bring
Something good and true
I don’t wanna feel Blue anymore (Blue)
I don’t wanna feel blue anymore (Blue)
Gimme, gimme…

Gimme one more night
One last goodbye
Let’s do it one last time
Let’s do it one last time
One more time

tumblr_nevxrgicfp1s7c831o1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If Bey drops in the next 12 hours, then it'll have been a good life I lived.

llehuty

I got today tickets for Beyonce concert in Barcelona next August. Last time she managed to relese Self-titled in between the date I bought the tickets and the date of the Barcelona concert. She better deliver again with hype new material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom