• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Their marriage is somewhat of a brand name, tbh. Power. From a business standpoint, it makes sense she hasn't dropped his ass yet.

[Bridge: Beyoncé]
Stars in her eyes
She fights for the power, keeping time
She grinds day and night
She grinds from Monday to Friday
Works from Friday to Sunday
She gon' slang
She too smart to crave material things
She pushing herself day and night
Oh, stars in her eyes
She fights and she sweats those sleepless nights
But she don't mind, she loves the grind
Yeah, yeah, she gon' slang
Too smart to crave material things
Stacking her paper
Stacking her cake up

tumblr_o65dknHNZm1sr5ajuo4_250.gif

Frodo

To think that Rita Ora is trying her hardest to get some attention, and yet people are dead centre focused on a nobody like Rachel Roy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can't. I can't. 😂😂😂

To think that Rita Ora is trying her hardest to get some attention, and yet people are dead centre focused on a nobody like Rachel Roy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can't. I can't. 😂😂😂
the way that hew stole her fucking moment dddddddddddd
ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Josef Salvat is working on his next album and every track is already in demo form. Deliver RealMustic™ again King.

Also, how do you even rationalize cheating on Beyonce? What part of your brain must be broken to even contemplate that being a good idea? If I was with Bey and some girl tried to flirt with me, I might literally throw her in the nearest bush.

Dude, Eric Benet cheated on Halle Berry, Tony Parker cheated on Eva Longoria. These guys will always find someway to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It makes no damn sense.

The hive doesn't need to drag Jay because an entire album from the Queen herself has done this. Besides, none of the Beyhive members are fans of Jay anyways so they don't need to drag him. The hive dragging Rachel isn't getting Jay off the hook, they are doing that part for Bey. Jay is a flop and the only thing he has IS Beyoncé. She wins, there is no fight and no need to go in on him... We got Lemonade. Plus... His dragging will come from his own fanbase which was already done.

As for the album.. I was in from day one so I know I'm biased but I'll say this album works better visually then individually tbh. While I LOVE this album and I'm witnessing Beyoncé at her truest peak, I pretty much love about the same as self titled but it isn't a solid 10/10....however due to its cohesive storyline... It's definitely a 9/10 imo. I liked the boppy feel of self titled and this album is WAAAY more grounded than that which makes it hard for me to give it a perfect score.

Tbh.. I don't know why stan wars are trying it.. But both Beyoncé and Rihanna (argumentatively) have put out their best albums to date.. And both of them when they are in control. Anti is safe and its not going to decline because of Bey. These albums couldnt be more different from each other in terms of messaging, quality and presentation... But I can see the themes both being familiar.

But... Ugh God... Bey slayed. She fucking slayed.. Idc. This is a fans dream imo... I felt like the wait was worth it and her visual presentation will be something to rival soon. I really hope Gaga is effectively planning her assault after this. Praying for LG5

Aguila

#ICONIC
Gaga has been left so far behind. She used to be video queen, but anything she does now will probably seem derivative compared to Beys work.

Floridian

In a post ANTI & Lemonade world, we can only hope the next albums from Katy/Britney/Gaga show at least half of the growth as Rih/Bey presented.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Gaga has been left so far behind. She used to be video queen, but anything she does now will probably seem derivative compared to Beys work.

That's what I've been thinking about. More than the album itself, Lemonade's achievement to me is the visuals. I don't know how anyone who wants to be known as pushing pop music forward can do so in the visuals department when Beyoncé just dropped a cohesive one-hour music film that actually worked. If you're Taylor Swift, you can get away with just doing the standard music video routine. But Gaga used to be known for being the person who was weird for releasing music videos as 10+ minute abstract short films. Beyoncé effortlessly took the crown of being the big name unpredictable and exciting one in my book.

I'm curious to see where Gaga will land after all of this. I'm curious if she'll find a place.

That's what I've been thinking about. More than the album itself, Lemonade's achievement to me is the visuals. I don't know how anyone who wants to be known as pushing pop music forward can do so in the visuals department when Beyoncé just dropped a cohesive one-hour music film that actually worked. If you're Taylor Swift, you can get away with just doing the standard music video routine. But Gaga used to be known for being the person who was weird for releasing music videos as 10+ minute abstract short films. Beyoncé effortlessly took the crown of being the big name unpredictable and exciting one in my book.

I'm curious to see where Gaga will land after all of this. I'm curious if she'll find a place.

The things that made Gaga a titan back then have pretty much been scattered across several acts now. Rihanna and Beyonce have the music video department down, and Taylor and Katy are winning in the catchy/accessible singles category. Sia and Miley are riding the "weird" schtick now and honestly everyone's gunning for unpredictability given all these random album drops.

If Gaga's gonna be successful this year I imagine she'll need to get away from trying to go back to those "Bad Romance days" as people like to suggest. She needs incredible songs that are unexpected but remind us of her value. I feel like the other pop girls have had a very obvious progression musically, especially with Bey and Rih this year. Gaga completely shuffled that progression and essentially hit the reset button last year. I would be really really disappointed if she came out with more derivative material that no one asked for. It would show that she's too in her head and maybe not so creative after all. This is the ultimate opportunity for her to do something amazing without getting lost in the crowd. She better goddamn deliver D:

Beyonce is now the bonafide pop artiste.

The things that made Gaga a titan back then have pretty much been scattered across several acts now. Rihanna and Beyonce have the music video department down, and Taylor and Katy are winning in the catchy/accessible singles category. Sia and Miley are riding the "weird" schtick now and honestly everyone's gunning for unpredictability given all these random album drops.

If Gaga's gonna be successful this year I imagine she'll need to get away from trying to go back to those "Bad Romance days" as people like to suggest. She needs incredible songs that are unexpected but remind us of her value. I feel like the other pop girls have had a very obvious progression musically, especially with Bey and Rih this year. Gaga completely shuffled that progression and essentially hit the reset button last year. I would be really really disappointed if she came out with more derivative material that no one asked for. It would show that she's too in her head and maybe not so creative after all. This is the ultimate opportunity for her to do something amazing without getting lost in the crowd. She better goddamn deliver D:

Beyonce is now the bonafide pop artiste.
All Gaga has to do is release a cohesive, finished album with intelligible lyrics and a lead single that gives us some indication of what her new mission statement is.

As fun as "Applause" was, it was in no way, shape, or form a signal of what to expect from the ARTPOP era or a sign that she had evolved since Born This Way.

On an unrelated notE, the last few pages made me revisit ANTI, and I had a moment with "Close To You" tbh

rhandino

Banned
In a post ANTI & Lemonade world, we can only hope the next albums from Katy/Britney/Gaga show at least half of the growth as Rih/Bey presented.
Britney and Gaga are lost causes if their latest efforts are any indication but Im curious about Katheryn direction for her new era because she has been silent for a while.

Zutroy

As much as I like Anti and Lemonade, both albums are missing proper fun bops - something I'm sure Britney will fill the void with.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't want 'growth' from britney or katy (especially if it is as poor as rihanna's), i want solid bops.

from gaga i want coherence and the immaculate sheen of TFM. i don't care if it 'sounds like' that alber, i just want something that doesn't sound like she walked out of the recording sessions halfway through and left the producers to stitch together the thirty seconds she recorded of each sing into something resembling a three minute pop song (looking at you ARTPOP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom