• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemonade won't be the event that BEYONCÉ was but that is okay - you can't strike magic twice and this is a lot less commercial. I really am in love with the visuals and message of the songs. They build a nice and strong narrative. It doesn't have the standout highs that BEYONCÉ had but I think it is very consistent (in quality, obviously she shakes things up a little bit here) from start to finish and a great listen.

Poor TIDAL ruining everything though.

I...actually agree? The album is a slay, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't have the same magic that Self-Titled had. And I'm not even talking about the surprise release. I don't know. 6 Inch, Freedom, Daddy Lessons, Hold Up are all stand-outs. But other than that, I can't help but feel like there's something missing.

This album feels more cohesive; there's definitely a theme and it works in regards to the overall package, but as far as pure bops go, Lemonade is lacking. Nothing here will ever be as earth-shattering as listening to Rocket or Partition for the first time. That's not to say the songs are bad; they're beautiful, both vocally and production wise. And Bey's dragging of Jay is phenomenal and life-giving. It's just not clicking with me as fast as it's predecessor did.

Frodo

I like Lemonade, but I'm not getting this this-is-the-best-thing-ever vibe people are getting, though. All the Jay-Z dragging is LIFE GIVING, and that is undeniable, but I wonder if that is just an act, and if it is, it looses a lot of its power. I still need to watch the video to check it all out, but, so far, although I like it, I'm not as mind-blown as everyone else.

Servbot24

Banned
I like Lemonade, but I'm not getting this this-is-the-best-thing-ever vibe people are getting, though.

people say that the first day every album is released

damn i forgot Formation is on this, so good

whole time i listen to Daddy Lessons I just think "yeah ok i got it"

The Flop

Banned
Listening to Lemonade, and watching the visuals, I really thought the end of the HBO was going to have some TMZ link to their divorce. She goes in on Jay.

rhandino

Banned
Beyonce might have brought me back into the fold with this.

NO SHE DID NOT CALL OUT RACHEL ROY
an Azealia Banks T

JQRwIfX.gif

Cant wait to get into this as soon as I get home.

Frodo

A Rachel Roy Twitter search is possibly one of the easiest ways to have a good laugh right now.

(Although, to be honest, Jay-Z Twitter should be in shambles just as much as hers)

Edit: from the other trhead:

rachel-roys-wikipedia-page-changed-by-beyonce-fans-cfmp-lead.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
idk but seeing sad. always gets me

I wouldn't wish the hive on my worst enemy but if you're going to revel at the fact someones husband cheated with you, you'll get no sympathy from me

[Outro]
My daddy warned me about men like you
He said baby girl he's playing you
He's playing you
My daddy warned me about men like you
He said BA-BY GIRL he's playing you
He's playing you
Cause when trouble comes in town
And men like me come around
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Cause when trouble comes to town
And men like me come around
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Oh, my daddy said shoot
(Good job Bey, hahaha)

tumblr_lynu9cbz7U1qheu1bo1_500.gif

3phemeral

No lie, when Mariah mentioned Memoirs was going to be about the different facets of a relationship, I was expecting something more akin to the variety and raw emotion that Lemonade is serving me.

QDgXLy

3phemeral

So are there any tracks on Lemonade that rival Partition?

Not in the same way, but 6 Inch, Freedom, and Don't Hurt Yourself are, for me, top tier. 6 Inch is probably the closest thing on the album to it. Visually has similar elements but has a very different progression as you get toward the middle upward to the climax and cool down.

The single should be Sorry. I could actually see that doing well on radio.

yf4t9jd.gif

Completely agreed.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Le Figaro posted an article about them being featured in Lemonade during "Sandcastles." The final line of the article (poorly translated by me):

"Be like Beyoncé, Le Figaro is the solution to all of your relationship problems."

Waiting for Le Figaro subscriptions to increase by 33%.

Mau ®

Why exactly isn't the HIVe not dragging Jay-Z? He is just as much to blame. Just goes to show the male largely goes unscathed in this situation when, more often than not, they're the ones who initiate the affair.

Mau ®;201781221 said:
Why exactly isn't the HIVe not dragging Jay-Z? He is just as much to blame. Just goes to show the male largely goes unscathed in this situation when, more often than not, they're the ones who initiate the affair.

i'm pretty sure they already are and were, but when RR decided to open her mouth about it, everyone shifted gears and went in

Frodo

For one, Jay-Z has got a whole album dragging him to hell and back.

But, also because he wasn't stupid enough and probably knows better than to poke the hive.

royalan

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I IS
I SMELL HER FRANGRANCE ON YOUR LOUIS V BOY
JUST GIVE MY FAT ASS A BIG KISS BOY
TONIGHT IM FUCKIN UP ALL YOUR SHIT BOY

vMmyPhq.jpg

Vazduh

Mau ®;201781221 said:

Exactly. He's the pig in this situation. Not that the girls who messed around with him didn't know what they were getting into, but he's the one who should take most of the blame.

Also, how do you even rationalize cheating on Beyonce? What part of your brain must be broken to even contemplate that being a good idea? If I was with Bey and some girl tried to flirt with me, I might literally throw her in the nearest bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom