• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

PInk Tape

Banned
Her basic ass getting sacrificed made her existence worth it. Sulli shade has been thick and looking at previous performances before Sully left Krystal would constantly ignore eye contact with Sulli or give her odd looks.

Nnnn, not surprising coming from Krystal since she was upset with Sulli for being involved in some mini controversies which ultimately put some heat on f(x) and eventually halted the Red Light promo they were doing at the time.

I see why some fans are shading ha though; we almost didn't get a new alberm this year because of her break and then with her decision to quit the group.

yk585u2.gif

f(x) - When Im Alone Snippet (Carly Rae track)

Sounds like a track from Emotion I suppose.

Sounds cute; I like it.

help it's magnificent

DgSZvG1.gif

Mau ®

I hope she takes the record so the existence of Flo-rida (and Ke$ha for that matter) can be wiped from history books altogether.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nnnn, not surprising coming from Krystal since she was upset with Sulli for being involved in some mini controversies which ultimately put some heat on f(x) and eventually halted the Red Light promo they were doing at the time.

I see why some fans are shading ha though; we almost didn't get a new alberm this year because of her break and then with her decision to quit the group.

DgSZvG1.gif

Album snippets

2 are on V app but meh its enough snippets :p

DOWN

Banned
Mau ®;182978768 said:
Friendly reminder that Katy Perry turned 31 yesterday.
Is this you wanting to make sure it sinks in or just you didn't see the posts about her birthday yesterday?

rhandino

Banned
Ed Sheeran's album x is getting even bigger -- the British singer-songwriter revealed a two-disc edition of his second album is coming on Nov. 13.

[...]

Sheeran's expanded x will feature three previously unreleased songs as well as his Rudimental collaboration "Lay It On Me," which he performed memorably on the MTV EMAs yesterday whilst co-hosting the show.

Physical Version x: Disc 1
1. One
2. I¹m A Mess
3. Sing
4. Don¹t
5. Nina
6. Photograph
7. Bloodstream
8. Tenerife Sea
9. Runaway
10. The Man
11. Thinking Out Loud
12. Afire Love
13. I See Fire *
14. All Of The Stars *
15. English Rose * †
16. Touch And Go * †
17. New York * †
18. Lay It All On Me (Rudimental Feat. Ed Sheeran) *

Digital Album
1. One
2. I¹m A Mess
3. Sing
4. Don¹t
5. Nina
6. Photograph
7. Bloodstream
8. Tenerife Sea
9. Runaway
10. The Man
11. Thinking Out Loud
12. Afire Love
13. Take It Back *
14. Shirtsleeves *
15. Even My Dad Sometimes *
16. I See Fire *
17. All of The Stars *
18. English Rose * †
19. Touch and Go * †
20. New York * †
21. Make It Rain *
22. Lay It All On Me (Rudimental Feat. Ed Sheeran) *

* BONUS TRACK
† PREVIOUS UNRELEASED

t4jCGHq.gif

rhandino

Banned
bye, x was amazing and you all need to simply deal with the [fact] that Ed Sheeran defecated
literally
over the rotten remnants of most of our faves.

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

t4jCGHq.gif

The fact that Uptown Funk! blocked him from that #1
87gAl3f.gif

EDIT: Eeek at Nick Jonas & Demetria joining together for a tour.

Vazra

f(x) 4 Walls

The edges are gone.

EDIT:

1. Pentatonix - "Pentatonix" 98,000
2. Demi Lovato - "Confident" 98,000
3. The Weeknd - "Beauty Behind the Madness" 62,000
4. Machine Gun Kelly - "General Admission" 56,000
5. Fetty Wap - "Fetty Wap" 48,000
6. The Game - "The Documentary 2.5" 48,000
7. Selena Gomez - "Revival" 46,000
8. Drake & Future - "What A Time To Be Alive" 43,000
9. Taylor Swift - "1989" 37,000
10. Coheed and Cambria - "The Color Before The Sun" 32,000

Demi lost to Pentatonix by less than 1k.

dddddddd

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
if that is the ed x rudimental collab I just heard on the radio it as actually really good

edit; Lay It All On Me
a slay
which I of course put down to Rudimental

edit2; Ellie performed Love Me Like You Do at the EMAs last night
WHAT IS SHE DOING

Floridian

Poor Poot Lovato. Selena won. Also, I feel like I'm the only one who likes Right Round. My Flo-Ridaphobia doesn't exist for that song.

Comparing the Queen of England to this trash. Unlike Meatus and Morose she has both sales and staying power. You ain't going to find a copy of Artpop or whatever Lana's album was even called in your mom's stocking this year.

Anyway, late and speaking of flops, Selena's new album is pretty good. She keeps releasing decent albums, honestly. Stars Dance got a surprising amount of use out of me, and I'm really liking Good For You right now.

NOT Meatus and Morose, lmao

Floridian

But no really. Demi went through an image change & an attempt to mature her music, and has even done twice the promotion Selena has yet still couldn't pull over 100k or land #1?

uSyW6Ho.png

Most of Confident is so... Radio Disney.

Selena actually released one of the most left field mainstream pop albums this year. I'd love that production with someone who could actually sing.

Phreaker

EDIT: Eeek at Nick Jonas & Demetria joining together for a tour.

What's sad is it WAS Adam Lambert and Demteria, but somehow he got the boot, even after he was working on his set, for Jonas. Supposedly both there is "no beef" after that, but I find it hard to believe.

Vazra

What's sad is it WAS Adam Lambert and Demteria, but somehow he got the boot, even after he was working on his set, for Jonas. Supposedly both there is "no beef" after that, but I find it hard to believe.

Basically Demi manager also works with Nick and suggested to kick Adam and replace with Nick. It's pretty shady but Adam took his time to praise Selena after that so lol.

rhandino

Banned
Did she bother to promote the album tho? The only promo I remember is the Tinder video that got bashed the fuck out.
She made appearances in some shows, some fluff here and there in her channel and that Q&A thing on twitter but nothing on the level of promo that Demetria and even Selena did.

I swear, I have been seen Demi all over the internet but I barely saw any kind of promo from most of the other girls this year. She really really really wanted to happen this era
87gAl3f.gif

Vazra

She made appearances in some shows, some fluff here and there in her channel and that Q&A thing on twitter but nothing on the level of promo that Demetria and even Selena did.

I swear, I have been seen Demi all over the internet but I barely saw any kind of promo from most of the other girls this year. She really really really wanted to happen this era
87gAl3f.gif

Demi had the VMA I think she went to a few TV shows around the world to promote Cool For The Summer and multiple interviews. Demi seems to have done way more promo than Selena yet look where she is at under Pentatonix

A lot of Confident reminds me of Jessie J. Especially that one song about her teacher. RIP

I guess based on the album sales we can agree that Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are the Britney and Christina of 2015, except not as successful?

Demi had the VMA I think she went to a few TV shows around the world to promote Cool For The Summer and multiple interviews. Demi seems to have done way more promo than Selena yet look where she is at under Pentatonix
they way lana outsold ha with no promo

but anyone can outsell demi tbh, she's a meme factory and that's all there is to ha.

they way lana outsold ha with no promo

but anyone can outsell demi tbh, she's a meme factory and that's all there is to ha.

Lana's a pretty big name sis. Considering the quiet debut of her alber that's pretty evident. If Lana cared enough about commercial success to promote this like a regular pop star would, Honeymoon would have sold a shit ton.

Even though a lot of people like to deny it, Lana has the same potential for cross-appeal as Adele does. Lana doesn't really care enough to try though. Queen of Music Not The Bling

Mau ®

Even though a lot of people like to deny it, Lana has the same potential for cross-appeal as Adele does. Lana doesn't really care enough to try though. Queen of Music Not The Bling

Not sure what kind of crossover appeal Lana's songs hold when hardly a substantial part of the population can relate to having daddy issues, suicidal tendencies or heavy drug use. 👀

3phemeral

Mau ®;183005597 said:
Not sure what kind of crossover appeal Lana's songs hold when hardly a substantial part of the population can relate to having daddy issues, suicidal tendencies or heavy drug use. ��

Agreed. Lana just doesn't employ the same kind of common, universal theme that Adele is able to communicate. Lana is very niche with her brand of sentiment. Also, it helps that Adele can actually emote in a live performance.

alWJ3K

Mau ®;183005597 said:
Not sure what kind of crossover appeal Lana's songs hold when hardly a substantial part of the population can relate to having daddy issues, suicidal tendencies or heavy drug use. ��

Well, my point was that if Lana met the public halfway then she would abridge a lot of her motifs, yeah. When you think about Young And Beautiful and its success it makes me feel like she can capture the zeitgeist if she put more effort to try. Honeymoon proves that she'd prefer to extend the sound she's kept up already so that material's probably not a good indication of what's possible.

I think if you have an amazing voice (which she does) and are able to emote effectively then you can appeal to the same people that Adele is appealing to. Lana's not a powerhouse vocalist but she's got the cabaret crooner thing on lock. It's not the same brand, but it complements Adele's appeal well.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
3UJ8BLG.png

just beat it by a casual 7M views, no biggie

Check their new single 4 Walls from the new album 4 Walls. Available now.

this relentless promotion :rip
but I like this too, maybe I will check out their album
odd though because I didn't like the older songs of theirs you posted the other day

Vazra

this relentless promotion :rip
but I like this too, maybe I will check out their album
odd though because I didn't like the older songs of theirs you posted the other day

I think its about the theme they are given. Every album tends to be a different theme and style and that can be hit or miss with people but at the same time its better that thatn stagnating on the same safe sound. (Looking at you Sistar)

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;183005597 said:
Not sure what kind of crossover appeal Lana's songs hold when hardly a substantial part of the population can relate to having daddy issues, suicidal tendencies or heavy drug use. 👀
kjJX6ou.gif

Floridian

BB HOT 100

1. The Weeknd - The Hills
2. Drake - Hotline Bling
3. Justin Bieber -What Do You Mean
4. Shawn Mendes -Stitches
5. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams

Looks like Abel won again, and Drake missed his chance.
sorry.gif

#justice4Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom