• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Floridian

Last year I struggled even figuring out 10 albums from 2014 that I liked. Now I can easily name 20+ albums from this year that I enjoyed.

What ever happened to the podcast? The grammy's?? Where is Roy Alan? This community is suffering...
NtSsGiw.gif

rhandino

Banned
What ever happened to the podcast? The grammy's??
Ask Rih or Kanye

Where is Roy Alan?
Ask Beyonce

This community is suffering...
NtSsGiw.gif
Gaga hasn't released anything this days tho...

===

Adele's 'Hello' Aiming for Record U.S. Digital Sales Week

Adele’s new single “Hello” is off to a blazing start, and could post the largest ever U.S. digital sales week for a song, according to industry sources.

The track, released through XL Recordings/Columbia Records on Oct. 23, could challenge the current one-week sales record holder: Flo Rida’s “Right Round.” It sold 636,000 downloads in is debut frame (week ending Feb. 15, 2009), according to Nielsen Music. (Adele’s largest sales week for a song was earned by “Rolling in the Deep,” which shifted 353,000 in the frame ending May 15, 2011.)

5rMzDza.gif

Adele could have released a worse song than Hello and still saw the same success. I think the artists of today really underestimate the hype that buildswhen you aren't releasing an album every year or two years. Adeles single is selling on name alone because of her success in 2011 and the pent up demand that builds from waiting so long, like you said its similar to Gaga. I'm sure she will keep the momentum going for another hit but this album will have no chance at all in seeing the same success as 21.

She'll be fine even if selling a third of what 21 sold.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wonder, what with christmas coming up meaning christmas songs will detract from new releases, will Adele stay at #1 long enough to challenge Mariahs record?

I mean its pretty clear its going to debut at #1 next week and I can't see anything coming to knock it off the perch, especially not when she starts doing all the promo for the album
Novemeber, December and probably January are a lock and Adele owns valentines day + the grammys
Unless she brings out a new single sometime soo that is

Floridian

I wonder, what with christmas coming up meaning christmas songs will detract from new releases, will Adele stay at #1 long enough to challenge Mariahs record?

I mean its pretty clear its going to debut at #1 next week and I can't see anything coming to knock it off the perch, especially not when she starts doing all the promo for the album
Novemeber, December and probably January are a lock and Adele owns valentines day + the grammys

She has a Max Martin track & another song written by Bruno Mars/Sia that she could use for the 2nd single.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
She has a Max Martin track & another song written by Bruno Mars/Sia that she could use for the 2nd single.

Oh I thought the sia stuff didn't make the cut in the end?
Certainly this album is going to get a lot of work from its singles, just depends on whether she wants to spread them out or do like a promo song or something.

You never know Rih may surprise us with a hit, but honestly I'm not expecting Anti until 2016 now

Touchdown

Banned

................... .................. ............... ...........
8088046644.gif

8088046644.gif
8088046644.gif
8088046644.gif

................... .................. ............... ................
8088046644.gif

................... .................. ............... ................
8088046644.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
it leaked https://vimeo.com/143560069

official release tomorrow afternoon, song on iTunes in an hour

The song is good but it the build up could be better. I like the visuals of the video. Its not her best but not her worst either.

f(x) tracklist and quick info about the tracks.

1. 4 Walls (EDM)
2. Glitter (Synthpop)
3. Deja Vu (EDM)
4. X (Synthpop)
5. Rude Love (House)
6. Traveler (feat. Zico)
7. When I'm Alone (Carly Rae Jepsen track)
8. Diamond (Hip-Hop EDM)
9. Papi (Latin Inspired EDM)
10. Cash Me Out (Electronic Pop)

Based on their Instagram page, I can't tell if this f(x) releases any actual music or just blurry videos of intense facial close-ups.

But they look stylish as fuck tbh

Recommendations plz, I need something to wash out the blubber-tinged taste of Dazeem

Captcha

I feel like the Hello succes is similar to the Born This Waysucces, in that it is so highly anticipated that once it finally arrives people fall all over themselves to listen to and comment on it, that it just creates a chain reaction of more and more listens, coverage and discussion. All regardless of the quality of the song itself. Born This Way was trash, Hello is about as standard as Adele tracks come.

In general, I feel like Adele is similar to Lana, in that they've both mastered their niche. They're good at what they're doing. There's no denying that they both consistently release quality music. The only question is if you like their niche/genre. If you don't, you probably feel like "she's releasing the same stuff over and over again". Adele's thing clicks with a much broader and diverser public than Lana's though, hence the succes of Adele's albums and singles.

Comparing the Queen of England to this trash. Unlike Meatus and Morose she has both sales and staying power. You ain't going to find a copy of Artpop or whatever Lana's album was even called in your mom's stocking this year.

Anyway, late and speaking of flops, Selena's new album is pretty good. She keeps releasing decent albums, honestly. Stars Dance got a surprising amount of use out of me, and I'm really liking Good For You right now.

Matt_

tbh a rih and azealia collab would go off
thought I doubt that latter would be able to get within ten miles of any studio rih is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom