• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

PInk Tape

Banned
AoWZqhE.jpg

My walls are destroyed and I havent heard the album yet.

omg they have a flawless promo shot ;_; sm's actually doing some promo for them for this era, I can't believe it.

sulli ha sacrifice was not in vain

sH311JP.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
omg they have a flawless promo shot ;_; sm's actually doing some promo for them for this era, I can't believe it.

sulli ha sacrifice was not in vain

sH311JP.gif

Her basic ass getting sacrificed made her existence worth it. Sulli shade has been thick and looking at previous performances before Sully left Krystal would constantly ignore eye contact with Sulli or give her odd looks.

rhandino

Banned
Bill Clinton and Katy Perry in Iowa tonight:

CSHarFtUcAAmJcv.jpg
Katheryn outfit tho, she is serving some kind Columbia realness with that cape...

inb4 Lewinsky jokes

EDIT:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS Katy, stan the future POTUS, when will the republican Regina George in Sheep Clothing.

Adele Dazeem defenestratinG The Aryan One

CPpV9JJUAAAOmo4.jpg

Swaftika her Nuremberg Trial is upon us

Taylor-Swift-Jews.png

Let us judge ha

taylor-swift-sieg-heil.jpg
LOL, How could I missed this...

Adele-Taylor-Swift-Golden-Globes.gif

Touchdown

Banned
I think a lot of credit for this Adele storm goes to timing. We've had nothing but teeny pop the last 3-4 years with very little substance. I think with the success of her upcoming album the tide will once again turn back to talent and great lyricism for the latter part of this decade. This will then open the door for an amazing Mariah comeback in a year or so. The people are thirsty for talent and vocal ability again, not star studded over produced videos and basic ass music.

f640ece16b.gif

Frodo

I think a lot of credit for this Adele storm goes to timing. We've had nothing but teeny pop the last 3-4 years with very little substance. I think with the success of her upcoming album the tide will once again turn back to talent and great lyricism for the latter part of this decade. This will then open the door for an amazing Mariah comeback in a year or so. The people are thirsty for talent and vocal ability again, not star studded over produced videos and basic ass music.

f640ece16b.gif

Amen.

AU7R6ik.gif

Touchdown

Banned
nooooooo she might break the record again today...and now coming for Miley's record for fastest video to reach 100 million views on VEVO. I wasn't ready!!!!!!

tofN0gT.gif

B-Dex

Hello is basic Adele. Nothing special or significant about it. Dunno why people are clamouring over the same basic Adele track from how many years ago now?

Phreaker

It took Miley 6 days I believe with Wrecking Ball for 100M.

Oh... that was for We Can't Stop (37 days to 100 mil, which was a record at that time, 2013) I guess I should stream it instead of listening to my purchase.

Hello is basic Adele. Nothing special or significant about it. Dunno why people are clamouring over the same basic Adele track from how many years ago now?

Do you not have a heart? It gives me so much feels I can barely take it.

Frodo

Adele is over 52kk views already.

Congratulations on turning a middle of the road song into something absolutely spectacular.
And people told me she wouldn't make it because she is fat BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

I bet she is crying on top of a pile of money right now.

<3<3<3

Edit: It's more like 53kk already.

I feel like the Hello succes is similar to the Born This Way succes, in that it is so highly anticipated that once it finally arrives people fall all over themselves to listen to and comment on it, that it just creates a chain reaction of more and more listens, coverage and discussion. All regardless of the quality of the song itself. Born This Way was trash, Hello is about as standard as Adele tracks come.

In general, I feel like Adele is similar to Lana, in that they've both mastered their niche. They're good at what they're doing. There's no denying that they both consistently release quality music. The only question is if you like their niche/genre. If you don't, you probably feel like "she's releasing the same stuff over and over again". Adele's thing clicks with a much broader and diverser public than Lana's though, hence the succes of Adele's albums and singles.

Partition

Banned
I feel like the Hello succes is similar to the Born This Way succes, in that it is so highly anticipated that once it finally arrives people fall all over themselves to listen to and comment on it, that it just creates a chain reaction of more and more listens, coverage and discussion. All regardless of the quality of the song itself. Born This Way was trash, Hello is about as standard as Adele tracks come.

In general, I feel like Adele is similar to Lana, in that they've both mastered their niche. They're good at what they're doing. There's no denying that they both consistently release quality music. The only question is if you like their niche/genre. If you don't, you probably feel like "she's releasing the same stuff over and over again". Adele's thing clicks with a much broader and diverser public than Lana's though, hence the succes of Adele's albums and singles.

Adele could have released a worse song than Hello and still saw the same success. I think the artists of today really underestimate the hype that buildswhen you aren't releasing an album every year or two years. Adeles single is selling on name alone because of her success in 2011 and the pent up demand that builds from waiting so long, like you said its similar to Gaga. I'm sure she will keep the momentum going for another hit but this album will have no chance at all in seeing the same success as 21.

Phreaker

I'm sure she will keep the momentum going for another hit but this album will have no chance at all in seeing the same success as 21.

I'll wait until I actually hear it, but if it's as good or better I hope it does.

It's really hard to do when the previous albums was such a huge success. Of course, Celine did it with only a year between her albums Falling into You (1996, 11x platinum US) and Let's Talk About Love (1997, 10x platinum US)

tumblr_me4l5aDwzU1qfr0g0o1_500.gif

Partition

Banned
Welp so I obtained audio of Flesh Without Blood, it's really good, I'd say not as good as oblivion cuz it lacks a grand chorus but better than Genesis. Will be a grower too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom