• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Him going for katy perry is a massive kiiiiii
The ultimate kiii is if he has another track with Taylor doing the backing vocals and having Katy Perry singing over it.

klkdSjf.gif

OMG! I would buy two copies of that albern and 5 copies of the single!!!!

kiiii

The Flop

Banned
Katy is really done... Poor her. I mean I bet SNL is regretting getting her for the show next weekend. I hope she debuts Witness. But it seems like this was all around an album release next week, which I think was scraped.

A mess.

Katy is really done... Poor her. I mean I bet SNL is regretting getting her for the show next weekend. I hope she debuts Witness. But it seems like this was all around an album release next week, which I think was scraped.

A mess.

lol she's still Katy Perry, I doubt anyone's regretting anything. Why we so fascinated with wanting people to fail?

Decarabia

Well, the playlist for this week is now live, and as expected, the songs this time come from all around the world. Even though I'm sure this type of playlist may turn some of you off, since a lot of songs aren't in English, please give it a chance, and if you want to understand the lyrics, ask you fellow PopGAFfers for help.

This time around, I'd recommed using the Youtube playlist, since there's only one song missing there, as opposed to 4 on the Spotify one. In any case, the voting poll will go live tomorrow. Enjoy!

Youtube Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Full Song List

Vote here

I need Perra to announce the album release or something. She's didn't light the world on fire but whatever the snippets still sound interesting.

Also, Lust For Life should have been out by now Lana sis don't do this to me... I can only bop to Humanz for so long

Phreaker

Well, the playlist for this week is now live, and as expected, the songs this time come from all around the world. Even though I'm sure this type of playlist may turn some of you off, since a lot of songs aren't in English, please give it a chance, and if you want to understand the lyrics, ask you fellow PopGAFfers for help.

This time around, I'd recommed using the Youtube playlist, since there's only one song missing there, as opposed to 4 on the Spotify one. In any case, the voting poll will go live tomorrow. Enjoy!

Youtube Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Full Song List

waiT hew is this Gabrielle? That song 5 fine frøkner was a bop! no idea what it's about tho

Brhoom

Banned

Youtube Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Full Song List

I think the playlist is broken, it only plays the first video.

Amy Shark's "Night Thinker" EP is fantastic.

Apple Music randomly suggested this for me, and I'm relating on Froot levels. Let me follow her on Twitter and keep an eye out for future releases.

DOWN

Banned
I've become addicted to policitics so I haven't listened to new music for like a month thanks to political podcasts RIP. I need to go back through y'alls posts with new songs

EA really just killed the Mass Effect IP
klkdSjf.gif

I guess An*me games won
giphy.gif
Should've died with that dreadful conclusion to the trilogy.

Leona is the top story on ABC News with her inspiring and honest letter:

I entered the music industry with thick, curly blond hair. But when I signed my first record deal at age 20, I couldn’t help but notice that I was surrounded by images of straight hair: on TV, in movies, and in real life. Gradually I started wearing my hair straight too, especially on photo shoots, where a lot of stylists didn’t know what to do with curly hair. And because I was new to that world, I went along with it. Plus I also felt different when my hair was straightened: I felt polished. And so I continued to straighten it for years.

Then about a year and a half ago, I started to have a lot of different symptoms: I was feeling very sick and had chronic fatigue and these really bad pains in my neck and throat. I didn’t know what was going on. It was a pretty hard time, and after a bunch of tests, I found out I had an autoimmune condition called Hashimoto’s disease, which affects mostly women. When I was first diagnosed, I was absolutely devastated; I felt very scared and alone until I began to research and understand how others were living with the disease. When my symptoms were the most severe, I could hear my body telling me that I needed to slow down. I also started to feel tired during performances. I began taking medication but also turned to Ayurveda (my mum is a master herbalist) to help heal my body naturally. I just got to a point where I wanted to start over physically and emotionally. I started eating better and I stopped straightening my hair.

From there I began to shift my entire beauty routine. Having an autoimmune disease really made me take a long, hard look at how I can reduce the toxins I come into contact with daily. I started using natural skin care and hair products (this inspired me to create a safe beauty brand for women, which I’m working on now), but I still had hesitations about wearing my hair curly at first. I had kind of forgotten what it looked like—or what to do with it. I spent some time finding ways to style it differently, ways that felt really polished to me. Sometimes I like to tie it back in a superclean low bun. It was a rediscovery for me that curly hair is actually so versatile. If someone said, “I want to blow-dry your hair straight now,” I would be like, “No way!” I’d look like an alien. It just wouldn’t be me.

Recently my best friend told me that her daughter (my goddaughter), who also has curly hair, had started wanting straight hair. That really upset me and made me think of how insecure I used to feel. I sent over a picture of myself with curly hair, and my friend told me that her daughter was so happy to see my curls and had gradually stopped asking for straight hair. She is so beautiful, but she doesn’t see that, and it reminded me of myself when I was younger. I didn’t see the beauty in my natural state, but now I do.
Let them know.
I'm gonna keep straightening my hair though, sorry sis

Signed as a Wilhelmina model, just finished a critically lauded stint on Broadway, rolling out her own body care label, and releasing new music. What a year for the queen.

17587531_1978482562379780_884543128722210816_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom