• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Billboard top 10
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
2. ZAYN & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
3. Migos - Bad & Boujee
4. Katy Perry ft Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
5. The Chainsmokers - Closer
6. Machine Gun Kelly x Camila Cabello - Bad Things
7. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
8. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
9. The Weeknd ft Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
10. Big Sean - Bounce Back

30th top 10 hit for Rih~
Top 5 debut for KT

rhandino

Banned
batman city/knight, fallout games, skyrim, dragon age inquisition, infamous second son, etc. There's nothing new about BOTW, it's just Nintendo stans pretending it's a new concept for some reason.
They are? I have not seen someone pretending that open world in itself is something new to videogames tbh

I did see a lot of, mostly rational, people excited because Zelda is going massive open world and bringing a lot of systems that have been used separately in other games in the franchise in one single, polished package ala Fire Emblem: Awakening.

And for the games you mentioned:

Batman: Arkham City going open world lost a lot of what made Asylum really special.

Batman: Arkham Knight decided to double down in the problems of City and brought along the Batmobile and decided that it was such a cool feature that it need to be on EVERYTHING.

Fallout and Skyrim are janky messes that people give a pass because MAH IMMERSION!
Can't blame them after spending 80 hours in PS3 Skyrim for some reason

Infamous: Second Son is a pretty husk that brough nothing of value to the open world genre because everything it did Infamous 2 did it better.

I haven't played DA: Inquisition (yet, I am working my way trough Origins rn)

The only good open world games I experienced as of late on non-Nintedo consoles would be The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto V, 40% of Final Fantasy XV and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

Horizon and Zelda are going to bring a new breath of fresh air to the genre, I can feel it on my bones!

Billboard top 10
3. Migos - Bad & Boujee

30th top 10 hit for Rih~
Top 5 debut for KT
Nice debut for Katy~

DISGUSTING THAT ED HAVE A #1 HIT WITH A SIA RIP-OFF!!! THIS IS WHY YOU ALL DESERVE TRUMP!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ed Sheeran @ #1

tuWFEvx.gif

Who are all his fans? Baffling.

DOWN

Banned
I liked Ed Sheeran before he released "Don't" and got that lion tattoo

"Don't" is when he started trying to sing with sexual presence and like weirdly backwoods machismo folk influence and he went even further with "Shape of You"

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Billboard top 10
3. Migos - Bad & Boujee

30th top 10 hit for Rih~
Top 5 debut for KT
I told you guys it wasn't a flop. But yall's wouldn't listen...

rhandino

Banned
Is anyone else here finding hysterical how Love on the Brain is in the Top 10 without any kind of promo from Rih part?

I am cackling like mad rn lololol

llehuty

batman city/knight, fallout games, skyrim, dragon age inquisition, infamous second son, etc. There's nothing new about BOTW, it's just Nintendo stans pretending it's a new concept for some reason.
Which one of these games delivered the level of interaction with the environment that BOTW had. Climbing every wall, the magnet power, the impact of the temperature, etc.?

And it's not like people want actual innovation in videogames with Fifa, FPS, generic TPS/adventure games topping the charts, while games that put people outside of their comfort zones being criticised (Skyward Sword) or being a sales flop (Platinum games).

Nintendo just can't win.

Agram

Is anyone else here finding hysterical how Love on the Brain is in the Top 10 without any kind of promo from Rih part?

I am cackling like mad rn lololol
People finally realised that it is an amazing song. Even here in Croatia, LotB is constantly on the radio.

And it further proves that Rhat is the best pop girl today.

The Flop

Banned
TruLLfz.gif

tumblr_olhcj99tDr1r63q61o7_400.gif

Camila still in the top 10, and she'll probably snatcH another one come March 10th with the release of her next song for Fast 8.

tumblr_oljwapnpOy1r63q61o3_r2_400.gif

Whew. I wasn't prepared.

tumblr_olhcj99tDr1r63q61o6_400.gif

Your favs should prepare. Queen is coming.

tumblr_olhcj99tDr1r63q61o8_400.gif

Zelda is the most acclaimed video game franchise of all time. Ignoring this fact is like being a Beyoncé anti in 2017...which wouldn't be a stretch in this OT actually.

Vazduh

The Flop, are you still rooting for Fourth Harmony or is it just Camila?

Are they even releasing anything any time soon?

The way Cameltoe just left them in the dust

ChYUgte.gif

Love Incredible is kind of a MAJAH BOP but I can't bring myself to stan more than one racist at a time. After Katheryn's current era, perhaps I will have more room in my heart for 🐫

The Flop

Banned
The Flop, are you still rooting for Fourth Harmony or is it just Camila?

Are they even releasing anything any time soon?

The way Cameltoe just left them in the dust

ChYUgte.gif

I am rooting for both. They should have something out off FH3 after the Asian leg of their tour. so I would think April / May.

Rumor has Camila will come in the Fall.

so are u getting a switch next Friday sis??

Who else is (apart from rhandino and frodo)?

yeah I pre-ordered my switch for next Friday but it will be delivered at home... which sucks because I am in university until April so I wont be able to see or play my switch and Zelda Breath of Fresh Air until then :(

Are you?

Vazduh

Last Goodbye is Ke$ha's
and Dr. Rape's
magnum opus, isn't it?

Whew.

g6qLDM0.gif

I am rooting for both. They should have something out off FH3 after the Asian leg of their tour. so I would think April / May.

Rumor has Camila will come in the Fall.

Fall?! Didn't she record a shitton of songs? I could swear I saw it mentioned somewhere, either here or or A**L.

And I just know I'll shame bop to whatever the Leftovers release.

The Flop

Banned
Last Goodbye is Ke$ha's
and Dr. Rape's
magnum opus, isn't it?

Whew.

g6qLDM0.gif

Fall?! Didn't she record a shitton of songs? I could swear I saw it mentioned somewhere, either here or or A**L.

And I just know I'll shame bop to whatever the Leftovers release.

Well that's what Billboard said, and I will BOP to it all and prepare to promo them however I see fit. Even if that means going on
giphy.gif

Vazduh

I know most of you will pay this dust, but I'm still gonna post it. Released a couple months ago in Australia and New Zealand.

Dami Im - Fighting For Love

The Australian kings of generic pop, DNA Songs, wrote and produced this one for Dami, but she makes it work somehow. Just like with their previous collaborations, she always manages to elevate the material she's given.

I want one but after the last couple of system generations I'm just going to wait and let people be my guinea pigs.
What a twist! 👀
I am. Hopefully it'll be worth it.
I think it will be :) for me MK8 portable alone is worth it tbh
Little Mons†er;230749976 said:
yeah I pre-ordered my switch for next Friday but it will be delivered at home... which sucks because I am in university until April so I wont be able to see or play my switch and Zelda Breath of Fresh Air until then :(

Are you?
Awww :( why'd you have it delivered there? Can your parents not send it?

so are u getting a switch next Friday sis??

Who else is (apart from rhandino and frodo)?

I am! I don't usually buy consoles at launch but nintendo the scammer got me good with having zelda at launch. Also excited for MK8 as I missed it on the Wii Heaux.

Kelly-Rowland-Excited-Reaction-Gif.gif

It's not arriving until the saturday though, when I'll most likely be at work all day

giphy.gif

Which one of these games delivered the level of interaction with the environment that BOTW had. Climbing every wall, the magnet power, the impact of the temperature, etc.?

And it's not like people want actual innovation in videogames with Fifa, FPS, generic TPS/adventure games topping the charts, while games that put people outside of their comfort zones being criticised (Skyward Sword) or being a sales flop (Platinum games).

Nintendo just can't win.
If you call being paddled with backtracking and boring ass attempts at "sidequests" being put "outside your comfort zone" then yes peoe won't like that. Skyward Sword was boring as fuck and even if it didn't have Motion Controls it would still be filled with sections that put you to sleep.

You can climb every building in InFamous and each of the different powers offers different traversal options and combat options with Smoke relying on you making enemies cough, neon on you using focus to aim at feet or bubbling the enemies, and video relying on stealth to subdue them. It still doesn't make it the "godlike wow omg goty for life no one else has done it before" game people are trying to make BOTW out to be while trying to shit on Horizon or other games.

The Brit Awards has been an irrelevant trash show for str8s for ages now, medoner's tumble was the only iconic moment in recent memory.

mJIJnZK.gif

Lettuce take a journey back in time to an ICONIC performance which still hasn't been topped.

20 years later and still slaying

giphy-56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom