• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Mmmmm, this is what true fertility looks like~

I think I understand now the appeal of preggo p0rn.

nnnnnnnnnnn

Ja2ZzO6.gif

Maybe I need to give Arca a try since I loved Vulnicura in which, according to Bjork herself, he had a big influence.

Speaking of Vulnicura let me give History of Touches another spin or 100.
Give it a shot but be warned. His music is a lot more experimental electronic instead of FKA esque pop. He did a remix of "Hips Don't Lie" that's a real departure from the original material.

If you still want to listen to him, I'd recommend starting with "Xen" or the EPs then move to "Mutant" then &&&&& and Entrañas.

SaintZ

OMG AT LAST MY FAVE IS COMING FOR REAL.

Billboard Article

Many may still associate Lavigne with the pop-punk of the early '00s, but the artists Lavigne currently cites as inspirations couldn't be much further from that scene: "I enjoy listening to Ed Sheeran and Shawn Mendes -- artists that showcase their vocals and songwriting skills. I listen to a lot of Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra and jazz." She says that the new album will see her "going back to my roots a little bit... I got my start in church and at country fairs when I was a young child, and I think those earlier influences are definitely coming out now."
AVRIL HA SAY YES IS COMING. HITLOR MUST BE SHOOK.

i9ct0ogwbky32vtx2v.gif

rhandino

Banned
I knew it! All the girls and boys are coming for the acoustic/folk/country sound now that Trump won!

K0vFBON.gif

---

@Little Monster

Please don't get the Nintendo Switch review thread locked like the one time you got banned while also making the mods close the Nintendo @ E3 thread plz

K0vFBON.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I mention this because she came up not long ago...

Lea Michele is teasing something. Based on the snippet (a REAL snippet where you actually hear the song), it sounds like she's embracing a style that, IMO, is a much more natural fit for her voice and her strengths. I wonder if she can find mainstream success with that approach.

People are going rabid on those Switch threads. Stay away from those, folks.

Yeah, I'm staying out. I would love to read through to get an idea of what I'll be playing in a few days, but I know the thread is likely just filled with hyperbole (positive and negative) and anxiety.

Frodo

Yeah, I'm staying out. I would love to read through to get an idea of what I'll be playing in a few days, but I know the thread is likely just filled with hyperbole (positive and negative) and anxiety.

Yup. Completely agree. I want to read actual impressions and news and stuff, but every little detail suddenly is the most important detail and there's so much negativity that it becomes a little bit tiring.

SaintZ

The new Lorde snippet.

She's going full pop i c.
Err... sounds a bit generic but I'll listen to the full track to see if I like it.
i / want / emo / avril
We might get something emo based on this dramatic ass quote
"when I was in bed and literally felt like I was dying... in the midst of feeling so close to death, I came up with one of my most true and moving songs."
rip
Everytime SaintZ posts about Avril, I end up shuffling her tracks on Youtube.
Stan
ioqyrfez2251y0ux3a.gif

Vazduh

YOU MAKE ME SO HOT
MAKE ME WANNA DROP

10226619_the-apod--joseline-releases-mi-colta_t918872d.gif

IT'S SO RIDICULOUS
I CAN BARELY STOP

I CAN HARDLY BREATHE
YOU MAKE ME WANNA SCREAM

Koodo

Banned
I'm not too keen on the Lorde snippet but she has proven herself to be trustworthy in her judgement. I'll stay perching.

Koodo

Banned
Oh, and Loreen's Statements is a true example of #wokepop. Simple but effectively delivered.

But it's not surprising that a poc would deliver a better statement than an "ally."

K0vFBON.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom