• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Moonlight was really good but I do understand that It would have fallen flat as a single.

So the Chainsmokers are likely to have 3 songs in the top 10 of Billboard next week....

Your bad taste is astounding USA
Don't worry, they are going to burn themselves with all the over-exposure.

A Miley T

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I actually like Chainsmokers. They make catchy lyrics.

Also Love debuted at 44. I guess it's not getting the mainstream treatment =(.

rhandino

Banned
Love is...

... kind of
g
o
o
d

K0vFBON.gif

The leak was cute, although apparently most of the tracks were early demos or unmastered tracks they recorded before being signed. It was a glimpse of what could have been...
'Boys' is THAT bop though, plus 'Lay Down...' and 'Flatline' are still brilliant. I was sooo hyped back in 2013.... *cries in homosexual disappointment*

iiqFu4JbMOp68_zpsfabe637a.gif

Vazduh

Touchdown atm:

Ja2ZzO6.gif

Stay strong!

The leak was cute, although apparently most of the tracks were early demos or unmastered tracks they recorded before being signed. It was a glimpse of what could have been...
'Boys' is THAT bop though, plus 'Lay Down...' and 'Flatline' are still brilliant. I was sooo hyped back in 2013.... *cries in homosexual disappointment*

iiqFu4JbMOp68_zpsfabe637a.gif

Actually (iirc) they got signed quite early on, but due to them being dropped from the label, they won't be able to use those demos since they don't own the masters. Still, due to the leak, those demos will remain just that - demos. Too bad because Boys is freaking great and deserved better. The girls keep hinting that the project is not quite dead so maybe this will be their year?

DOWN

Banned
Love on the Brain is like shockingly good. Like I don't know where in Rihanna's circle they pulled that one out of, but the lyrics and production are all awesome and stand out in the current music scene.

rihanna.gif

Bladenic

Oh my sugar daddy
Takes me for a ride
Whatever way we're going
It's delirium time

He's all mine
And his loving makes me high
Like a taste of ecstasy
All I need is him to be my loverboy

9Qewu5H.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Really?? A surprise to them??? Have they seen what's popular in today's music??

Also YG is not the rapper you want on your single (tell that to Meghan Trainor).

Love on the Brain is like shockingly good. Like I don't know where in Rihanna's circle they pulled that one out of, but the lyrics and production are all awesome and stand out in the current music scene.

rihanna.gif

I'm honestly more excited for Rihanna's next work than probably a lot of other artists. Let's just hope she will be back early 2018.

Brhoom

Banned
Mariah has been doing hip hop since the 90s, hun. 💀

Yes. And Hip Hop was hot in the 90s.

Outside America, no one knows a Hip Hop Mariah song.

When Mariah sang Without You in Paris last year, it reached number 1 on spotify France.

People are here for ballad Mariah, not Hip Hop Mariah.

rhandino

Banned
Isn't Dangerous Woman Ariana 3? And she is still promoting it with Everyday.

Are they? Infinity was a classic R&B ballad and flopped... ironic considering that the album it was promoting was callled #1 to Infinity

ca0eeaf658c4d503d29bf8fb61cee119.gif

botty

Banned
Yes. And Hip Hop was hot in the 90s.

Outside America, no one knows a Hip Hop Mariah song.

When Mariah sang Without You in Paris last year, it reached number 1 on spotify France.

So let me get this right...

"Hip Hop" was hot in the 90s, but isn't now? Check the charts, hun.

Mariah singing Ken Lee in Paris sent it to number 1 on spotify (streaming service) for how long.. a day? a week?

If people are here for Mariah... why aren't they buying any of her ballads? Her last major ballad, I Want To Know What Love is, was a huge flop.

It is no coincidence that Mariah's career has been in a nosedive since 2013, the same year Ariana Grande debuted.

rhandino

Banned
Mariah and her team needs to embrace her legacy but without all the "Ultra Diva above the raffle" thing they have doing for a while.

It stopped being cute and it only serves to alianate the younger crowd (lol, look at this has been) and her older fans (why is she acting so messy? Smh) not named Touch(down)(back)

Yup. That outdated Jermaine Dupri-Rodney Jerkins beats need to stop.

#BEAUTIFUL was the step in the right direction.
Basically yeah.

#Beautiful was fab! Needed more promo etc.

That is the musical direction she should go in.

And she should make good ballads. Infinity was crap. So was art of letting go. They both sound overproduced and lack emotion.

Though tbh accepting her chart career is done and making music she wants + legacy stuff should be fine now.

Also she should stop this sexy mariah attitude. It is just creepy.

I am all for sexual empowerment and what not but it comes across so distasteful

Actually (iirc) they got signed quite early on, but due to them being dropped from the label, they won't be able to use those demos since they don't own the masters. Still, due to the leak, those demos will remain just that - demos. Too bad because Boys is freaking great and deserved better. The girls keep hinting that the project is not quite dead so maybe this will be their year?

This is what gets me the most, just give us the truth and put us out of our misery girls! The word 'soon' is now too traumatic for me.

giphy.gif

She needs to rise from the ashes, go indie like brinty, and ditch the crap team

XFactor_Britney-8.gif

DOWN

Banned
How many years have we been looking at this and saying "what does the world look like inside that mind of hers?"

mariah-homeless.jpg

She's feeling ha oats! Let ha feel ha oats!

rihanna.gif

Flashback to when Rih graduated from the class of vocal struggles, to the class of
mostly.... well occasionally
vocal competence. Whew

oDbj22k.gif

botty

Banned
Let's be clear, if Mariah listened to all the advice in here none of you would buy her music anyway.

Despite me being Mariah's skinniest anti in here, I've continued to support her music and seen her in concert (not actual concert, one of those christmas shows).

SMUd3sA.gif

rhandino

Banned
Kind of hard to go to one of her concerts when she, and her team, most likely don't know that Central America exists.

And for ha music... well, I do stream a LOT nowadays so there is that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ariana in the everyday video makes me moist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom