• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Tough Love flopped harder than Devotion

i5IxPJLcoA947.gif
Sad, but not surprising. She's not that big of an artist period. Just how it is. She could do decently for herself by continuing to make good music and touring at small venues, she'll always be a hew by pop standards. She shouldn't attempt to sell more, and instead focus on evolving.

I think the weakest song on Tough Love is probably Say You Love Me actually.

royalan

The song Gwen "ripped off" is shit.

The mix is shit.

The production is one-note and shit.

And the vocal is shit.

A freshman in a public arts college mess.

Don't get me wrong, I think Gwen's song is shit too. But yall really be doing the most puffing up these nobodies.

B-Dex

Go to Brazil and get your damn creamed corn chicken burger and have a seat.

It could be anyone but the fact it happened is the problem. I know you disagree but stuff like this needs to be pointed out and frowned upon.

cory64

Go to Brazil and get your damn creamed corn chicken burger and have a seat.

It could be anyone but the fact it happened is the problem. I know you disagree but stuff like this needs to be pointed out and frowned upon.
It's just a coincidence. Really. There's nothing unique enough going on melodically or rhythmically to say it's being ripped off.

royalan

It's just a coincidence. Really. There's nothing unique enough going on melodically or rhythmically to say it's being ripped off.

Agreed. Especially since Gwen's song morphs into something else ENTIRELY once the first chorus hits, whereas the other song kind of repeated itself.

The first 30 seconds is the only part they sound even remotely similar.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lawd fashion shows always have the best mixes
Just watch this I mean lawd jesus
edit; Also dailyfail.co.uk redirects to daily mail and can still be posted, is that allowed?

3phemeral

Lawd fashion shows always have the best mixes
Just watch this I mean lawd jesus
edit; Also dailyfail.co.uk redirects to daily mail and can still be posted, is that allowed?

Such fond memories when Missy used to dominate the charts and every dance competition I'd be at would be using some remix of hers.

I still get my life to Pussycat on occasion.

Grizzo

The song Gwen "ripped off" is shit.

The mix is shit.

The production is one-note and shit.

And the vocal is shit.

A freshman in a public arts college mess.

Don't get me wrong, I think Gwen's song is shit too. But yall really be doing the most puffing up these nobodies.

Eh. Still better than Gwen's song imo.

Vazduh

Ne-Yo's protege Candice released her single, Lesbian.

Candice - Lesbian

Although musically speaking the song is a jam, I'm torn about the lyrics, I mean, they're a bit offensive:

I swear you act like a bitch sometimes
You act so feminine
Got me feeling like a lesbian

You got a vagina where your balls should be
U acting like a ho'

Come and Get It is one of my favourite pop albums too. I Will Be There, Crazy Boys, I Said Never Again (But Here We Are), Some Girls, Secret Garden and Dumb Dumb are flawless.

It's so shady that Aundrea is featured on Dawn's album!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. All flawless songs!

As for Shadity Kane, literally everything that's happened since their DK4 reunion has been a mess. I mean, weren't Aundrea and Aubrey best friends for a long time? It's weird that she'd collaborate with Dawn all of a sudden.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah sounding much better doing a fully live rendition of Emotions. It's just so perplexing the range of quality her voice swings back and forth from, only it's never been as bad as it has recently.

Also a pretty good version of I'll Be There with her actually poking fun at herself for not hitting a note.
(dat witch laugh)

LOL

3ph did you see this? she explains the meaning behind the album title Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse..."basically it means I just don't give a f***."
ed2305b7.png

rude

Banned
POPGAF, what was the first mp3 you ever downloaded?

mine was something from my chemical romance or fall out boy iirc smdh. the early 2000s were truly disgusting.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. All flawless songs!

As for Shadity Kane, literally everything that's happened since their DK4 reunion has been a mess. I mean, weren't Aundrea and Aubrey best friends for a long time? It's weird that she'd collaborate with Dawn all of a sudden.

They were from what I know. I think they even had a collaboration that was never released (unless that was fake). Then Aundrea posted that thing on Instagram about real lies. Is this what happens to all girl groups!?

royalan

They were from what I know. I think they even had a collaboration that was never released (unless that was fake). Then Aundrea posted that thing on Instagram about real lies. Is this what happens to all girl groups!?

No.

Aubrey and D.Woods were the BFFs.

From what I remember about the showand subsequent interviews, Aundrea didn't seem particularly close to anyone...

Trigger

mine was something from my chemical romance or fall out boy iirc smdh. the early 2000s were truly disgusting.

Pretty sure it was something rock related. The Vines or the White Stripes.

It was either The White Stripes' "Blue Orchid" or the entirety of Bonde do Role's "With Lasers".

Vitanimus

I saw the artrave last night and it was a massive reminder of how shit ARTPOP is and how good her older stuff is 😭😭😭 idk why she felt the need to break momentum with dumb ballads like dope

Enjoyed her show, wasn't worth the price 😥

I don't know if anyone is as relistenable as Marina and the Diamonds. I could have her stuff on repeat forever and never get tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom