• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I heard that shitty New York song. Lord, how awful. Taylor did better with Shake It Off and even Out Of The Woods. This was just....too generic. I didn't realise it was her until I connected the chorus with that song y'all were sliding off your chairs for

Mau ®

I got the "Style" chorus stuck in my head. It's perfect.

Y'all should ASHAMED your pop faves can't measure up to The Lord on her "first try" at pop
45ab1e3e.gif

Hey everyone, make sure to PM me your vote for either JESSIE WARE or CHARLI XCX as soon as possible. If you have a preference you've earned a vote! Get 'em to me! <3

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;135437407 said:
Does Natalia have Grammy of the Year? No.

Does Natalia have an album over 75 on Metacritic? Oop she isn't even featured there.

Does Natalia have accolades of over 4 stars by AllMusic and Rolling Stone? No.

Welp.

You poor soul getting your feathers shaken over a "nobody". I live.

Does Natalia have something as bad as out of the woods
Taylor outdid herself with Welcome to New York.

Vazra

Why is this your go to response whenever somebody reads Natalia? It's basically a self drag at this point.

When they are repeating the same thing over I guess I can repeat the same thing over and over just like them. Get a hold of yourself.

Lets remember the Artpop

Applause? GP didnt bothered to applaud
Do what you want? Ignore you
G.U.Y? Girl Under You (charts)
LISTEN HERE Applause was an under appreciated smash SLEEPER HIT and one of the best songs on ARTPOP
Do What U Want only flopped because of the MV mess, we all know if she'd released that video it would've SMASHED the Vevo record until Anaconda
And as for G.U.Y., considering the fact that it had a 12 minute video and like NO PROMO it performed as expected

Gaga cues culture, they just missed the cue this time

Buy the #1 Jazz Album Cheek To Cheek on iTunes NOW

LISTEN HERE Applause was an under appreciated smash SLEEPER HIT and one of the best songs on ARTPOP
Do What U Want only flopped because of the MV mess, we all know if she'd released that video it would've SMASHED the Vevo record until Anaconda
And as for G.U.Y., considering the fact that it had a 12 minute video and like NO PROMO it performed as expected

Gaga cues culture, they just missed the cue this time

Buy the #1 Jazz Album Cheek To Cheek on iTunes NOW

Yaaaas let them have it sis

Applause was one of the most purchased singles of 2013 and was top 5 status on Billboard. The opposite of a flop. Actually quite a goddamn slay.

The Venus-switched-to-Do-What-U-Want-but-no-video-for-either saga full on put the entire album cycle on halt though. Too bad coz she had a lot of ideas for the era but she and the label couldn't keep focus. She paid for the GUY video herself coz the label didn't even care to release it. Sad.

She'll slay next time lbr

Vazra

Mau ®;135480406 said:
She thinks ARTPOP is a fantastic album. If she believes that's the quality anyone wants from her then I seriously doubt a "slay" is in the cards for the next era.

Well Gaga seems like the type of person that thinks her farts smell like roses. She is full of herself so of course she loves everything she does. I doubt the next era will slay cause she is living in a world built of delusions. Then again when her fans are as deluded as her what is going to make her realize her missteps? She sees the negative feedback as betrayal or that they don't understand her when the issue is that her output was weak for the GP.

We'll see what happens next.

how do people even listen to a CD in the year 2014. idgi.

Hipsters moving to the next dying format.

Mau ®;135480406 said:
She thinks ARTPOP is a fantastic album. If she believes that's the quality anyone wants from her then I seriously doubt a "slay" is in the cards for the next era.

People forget that she's the same person who made The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She hasn't suddenly stopped being good at making catchy songs. She'll stumble and do better some times than others just like other songwriters do. She doesn't have the luxury of being a consistent machine like people like Rihanna, who can just hire the hit DJ/writer/producer of the season and get a sure-thing bop out of them.

At the very least, her saying that ARTPOP was a good album shows me that she at least gives her all when she releases her albums, and genuinely believed in it. If she was like "yeah it sucked, sorry" then the whole album campaign in the first place would come off as ungenuine... like she was trying to sell something she didn't give two shits about and failed.

All of this will be irrelevant anyway when she comes back and clocks the top of the charts again, because you KNOW she's more than capable of doing that. Denial is just more fun :p

Vazra

People forget that she's the same person who made The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She hasn't suddenly stopped being good at making catchy songs. She'll stumble and do better some times than others just like other songwriters do. She doesn't have the luxury of being a consistent machine like people like Rihanna, who can just hire the hit DJ/writer/producer of the season and get a sure-thing bop out of them.

At the very least, her saying that ARTPOP was a good album shows me that she at least gives her all when she releases her albums, and genuinely believed in it. If she was like "yeah it sucked, sorry" then the whole album campaign in the first place would come off as ungenuine... like she was trying to sell something she didn't give two shits about and failed.

All of this will be irrelevant anyway when she comes back and clocks the top of the charts again, because you KNOW she's more than capable of doing that. Denial is just more fun :p

So her being on top of the charts matters more than the quality of her material? Just cause you reach the top of the charts it doesn't mean your product is high quality (Look at Taylor Swift on the charts and sales for that example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom