• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

Well 2014 was shit. The bar is low. But I have faith in Mother monster.

where do people get this notion that 2014 was a bad year for music

sure it was relatively bare in big hitters like gaga, katy, rihanna etc etc. except maybe Taylor but like.................

• st vincent
  • fka twigs
  • little dragon
  • robyn and rokysopp
  • MO
  • charli xcx
  • la roux
  • iamamiwhoami
  • azealia banks

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
where do people get this notion that 2014 was a bad year for music

sure it was relatively bare in big hitters like gaga, katy, rihanna etc etc. except maybe Taylor but like.................

• st vincent
  • fka twigs
  • little dragon
  • robyn and rokysopp
  • MO
  • charli xcx
  • la roux
  • iamamiwhoami
  • azealia banks

I would add Foxes and Lana and call it a perfect list.

tmarques

So who's listened to the new Madonna leaks? Some are pretty good, others are downright embarrassing.

Holy Water has got to be an unreleased Vanity 6 song. Was I supposed to be excited about Madonna working with this Natalia Kills woman, whoever she is?

Vazduh

So who's listened to the new Madonna leaks? Some are pretty good, others are downright embarrassing.

Holy Water has got to be an unreleased Vanity 6 song. Was I supposed to be excited about Madonna working with this Natalia Kills woman, whoever she is?

I'm going through them right now. A huge ass mess, but then again, it's just demos.

Are Avicii and Diplo executive-producing? It feels like they produced most of these songs.

edit: wait, Miley Cyrus co-wrote Wash All Over Me?!

edit 2: SCREAMING @ Holy Water.

"Bitch get off my pole"
ZcUrO1q.gif

Love the cheap synths, tho

Vazra

I can see why RuPaul preordered Madonna's album. It sounds like something a drag queen would normally put on a record.

The Flop

Banned
Meghan's EP already sold more than 100k plus with 2 hits she has already passed Carly

and Dear Future Husband will carry her over through 2015
iXoIrad44S7Zx.gif

Plus she's getting those coins from "Sledgehammer" and is rumored to be doing a feature on a song on their album, since she co wrote a lot with Fifth Harmony.

Mau ®

Rhat shot a music video with King of Music Kanye West.

Be prepared. She's hitting early 2015 with R8, Kanye single and Heauxm soundtrack.

Floridian

Mau ®;144589666 said:
Rhat shot a music video with King of Music Kanye West.

Be prepared. She's hitting early 2015 with R8, Kanye single and Heauxm soundtrack.

Hope it's something similar to All of the Lights
tumblr_lheg1fbpKl1qha8lao1_500.gif

royalan

I know I am not Madonna but that would just be devastating to even contemplate doing such a thing and I'm sure it'd be a huge waste of money. Then again she's Madonna, I guess.

I really want her to return to someone like Stuart Price and just tell him the concept she wants and let him work his magic *.*

Scrapping the whole album would more or less be pointless. She might as well release it and make some money off it.

How would her cancelling an album do anything but lose her more money. I don't think it's that dramatic a situation. Many albums have leaked before. Most of the iTunes buying public don't really search for torrents anyway, so she'll be able to salvage some good sales regardless.

This is why pop stans shouldn't be managers tbh. "A song leaked? Might as well cancel everything, don't perform or go outside for two years. Feel great shame"

Haven't you guys been paying attention? This entire era has been made into a huge waste of money before its even begun. Madonna slipped up and allowed pretty much ALL of her material to leak, which turned out to be really underwhelming, and now she'll be lucky if she can even get Spirit Indestructible levels of hype for this project. Especially now that's she's sticking to a March release date. Lord honey child, by the time March runs around people willl have heard and gotten sick of everything. This is a catastrophe on every level, fuck the money. The money ain't shit.

Normally I would say that this is Madonna, and clearly she doesn't have to worry about this botched era tarnishing her legacy, but if you've been following her Instagram at all this past year, it's clear she wanted this to be a big era. She wanted this album to have SOME kind of impact. Thanks to these leaks, she can kiss that goodbye. Completely.

So heck yeah, If I were Madge's manager I'd recommend she start over. Release all the tracks on a special EP and start hyping up a new record with the same release date. It's about saving face, not saving money. Besides, if Beyonce can afford to record 70+ tracks per album with major producers (which she's been doing since B'Day) and not even use half of them (most of which STILL have not leaked), I doubt Madonna of all people has to scour for money for studio time.

Everyone knows that this album is coming out. She's not fooling anybody by rushing a brand new album to replace this EP in March like people wouldn't deride her for trying to save face. And naturally if she spends like 1/15th the production time making a new album as she did making Rebel Heart then there's a pretty big guarantee that it'll be shite. No part of your idea works in anyone's favor girl. :p

People won't remember that these songs leaked once the album releases in full gear and she's back out in the public making the rounds. The album push will make it all about the album. In other words, I'm sure she'll be fine.

royalan

Everyone knows that this album is coming out. She's not fooling anybody by rushing a brand new album to replace this EP in March like people wouldn't deride her for trying to save face. And naturally if she spends like 1/15th the production time making a new album as she did making Rebel Heart then there's a pretty big guarantee that it'll be shite. No part of your idea works in anyone's favor girl. :p

People won't remember that these songs leaked once the album releases in full gear and she's back out in the public making the rounds. The album push will make it all about the album. In other words, I'm sure she'll be fine.

If she takes 1/15th the time to make this album that she did for Rebel Heart, that would still mean she put more time into it than Beyonce did B'Day OR BEYONCE (Bey spent more time shooting than videos than she did actually recording the music).

More time than Rihanna put into Unapologetic.

Don't forget it's Madonna. She could rent out an entire studio complex, contact all the top producers and have them fly in with their best stuff, and have a full Pop album with top-notch production ready within the month if she wanted. Because she's Madonna. If lesser artists are doing it, she could do it better.

Of course this is all fantasy and I don't really think she'd do something like this, but at this point she'd have nothing to love...because man, Rebel Heart is a wash.

The same kind of early leaks of ALL the material happened to Britney's Blackout album and it tanked sales for her, too. And this was back in the day that people were actually excited for Brit albums.

cory64

Bow down to Selena for getting a major hit off of a label-mandated single that was a leftover from her last album. Truly the Mexican Rihanna.

Rediscovering Post, Tricky ha power

how can I ignoooooore
this is sex without touching
I'm going to exploooooreeee
I'm only into this to

eeeeeeeeenjoyyyyyyyyyyyy

SVwaAwZ.gif

Vazra

“Iggy’s not only a rap star, right now at this moment in time she’s a pop icon,” Charli XCX said.

“And pop icons can do whatever the f--- they want. They don’t have to stick within the boundaries. They don’t have to play the rules the right way. David Bowie didn’t. I’m not comparing her to Bowie, but who gives a f---? It’s just because it’s hip hop. There’s people who really think about rap and hip hop in such an old school way.”

Ms XCX says Azalea is forging new territory.

“She’s doing something I don’t think many females have successfully done, which is put rap music in a pop arena. Of course Nicki (Minaj) has done it, but most of her big big hits are songs like Starships or Super Bass where she’s singing. Iggy doesn’t sing. She’s in a very unique space. For people who are super old school about hip hop and rap it’s hard for them to swallow. Also she’s beautiful, white, Australian and female. That doesn’t really happen in hip hop too much. It’s breaking the mould.”
Source

I ain't gonna defend her.

Vazra

Also the Nicki shade...

If Iggy could sing I bet she wouldn't be using the collabs for the pop parts of the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom