• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Banned
I'm not going to spend one more second typing on my keyboard about [ r e d a c t e d ] men. This has been embarrassing for all of you. Learn something from this.

7FAPYBf.gif

rude

Banned
So I keep coming back to "Beyoncé" and it just really isn't good. Like, now that it's been a year I feel really detached from the album as a whole. I maintain that Rocket is a legitimately good song (it should be since it's basically fucking D'Angelo), Superpower is kind of inspired, Blow is ok. Partition doesn't go as hard as I remember it did. Mess. Drunk in Love is absolute trash lmfao. LORD does that song suck ass. Haunted was kind of glam at first but it's a really boring, empty song. The rest is really awful (esp. that contrived feminist speech after telling bitches to bow down lol).

So I keep coming back to "Beyoncé" and it just really isn't good. Like, now that it's been a year I feel really detached from the album as a whole. I maintain that Rocket is a legitimately good song (it should be since it's basically fucking D'Angelo), Superpower is kind of inspired, Blow is ok. Partition doesn't go as hard as I remember it did. Mess. Drunk in Love is absolute trash lmfao. LORD does that song suck ass. Haunted was kind of glam at first but it's a really boring, empty song. The rest is really awful (esp. that contrived feminist speech after telling bitches to bow down lol).
Drag ha
She can't even center ha fonts right

Nemesis_

More Madge stuff leaked, at least three songs in full
Poor thing

Best Night and Iconic have leaked. I'm hearing reports of Holy Water and Veni Vidi Vici floating around too. :/

I don't understand how this happens after such a similar leak happened, unless said person has more stuff than they initially released.

When we met Gaga backstage she mentioned the only place her music goes is on an iPod that she has on her at all time that is never connected online. Madge mentioned she does something similar but she also said she has it on multiple sources so maybe that's where she went wrong :|

royalan

Honestly, at this point Madge should just start over. It's pretty safe to say that everything she recorded for this era has been compromised, and since none of the tracks are blowing anyone out of the water (even though I don't think they're bad), any kind of hype should have hoped to build for this era is gone.

Take it as a lesson learned, work in private and don't have the studio filled with dumb-ass little boys while you're working. Seriously, every time she posted an instagram from the studio the damn place looked like a middle school yard.

Nemesis_

Honestly, at this point Madge should just start over. It's pretty safe to say that everything she recorded for this era has been compromised, and since none of the tracks are blowing anyone out of the water (even though I don't think they're bad), any kind of hype should have hoped to build for this era is gone.

Take it as a lesson learned, work in private and don't have the studio filled with dumb-ass little boys while you're working. Seriously, every time she posted an instagram from the studio the damn place looked like a middle school yard.

I know I am not Madonna but that would just be devastating to even contemplate doing such a thing and I'm sure it'd be a huge waste of money. Then again she's Madonna, I guess.

I really want her to return to someone like Stuart Price and just tell him the concept she wants and let him work his magic *.*

How would her cancelling an album do anything but lose her more money. I don't think it's that dramatic a situation. Many albums have leaked before. Most of the iTunes buying public don't really search for torrents anyway, so she'll be able to salvage some good sales regardless.

This is why pop stans shouldn't be managers tbh. "A song leaked? Might as well cancel everything, don't perform or go outside for two years. Feel great shame"

Leona Lewis downgraded with that guy on the previous page.

She used to go out with that one guy I found kinda cute:

Zg5M2g9.jpg

Also, poor Madonna. She should really move the release date of her album up to this year or early January. Start the heavy promotion now.

Such a punchable face. Good lord.

Still waiting for him to come with a good song that isn't actually by someone else (Disclosure, Naughty Boy).

Floridian

Lol @ Pokemon Trainor trying to discredit Katy's songwriting. Okay cool, she can write a hit in 4 minutes, doesn't mean other artists are trying to take your job when they write too.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm confused. She tried to discredit Katy, which isn't a difficult task to begin with...but was that an insult to Kelly then? Or was that her shifting to a compliment? It was hard to tell.

rhandino

Banned
It blows my mind how popular "All About that Bass" got in the USA. What is the appeal? And now ha new video trying to recreate the feeling of the first? Don't get it. =/

Floridian

It blows my mind how popular "All About that Bass" got in the USA. What is the appeal? And now ha new video trying to recreate the feeling of the first? Don't get it. =/

The Doo-wop theme and the message of anti-body shaming combined with a catchy hook appeals to the masses. Lips are movin was created in under 10 minutes with a similar doo-wop theme as AATB, and it also has catchy and simple lyrics. Her album isn't due until early 2015 but she has potential on being the next breakout star if her album is anything similar to those two songs.

Bladenic

The Doo-wop theme and the message of anti-body shaming combined with a catchy hook appeals to the masses. Lips are movin was created in under 10 minutes with a similar doo-wop theme as AATB, and it also has catchy and simple lyrics. Her album isn't due until early 2015 but she has potential on being the next breakout star if her album is anything similar to those two songs.

I'll swallow my words if I'm wrong, but I don't see Meghan being anything other than 2014's Carly Rae Jepsen.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Meghan's EP already sold more than 100k plus with 2 hits she has already passed Carly

and Dear Future Husband will carry her over through 2015
iXoIrad44S7Zx.gif

Nemesis_

Earlier in the week, Lady Gaga was photographed working in the studio with the legendary Nile Rodgers and prolific songwriter Diane Warren. And while it’s still unclear whether that session was for Gaga herself, a potential one-off for something (a soundtrack perhaps?) or Rodgers’ upcoming Chic album, Mother Monster revealed in an interview yesterday that she is indeed getting started on her next LP.

In a piece for Yahoo! Style, the Cheek To Cheek diva revealed a first tease of what’s to come post-ARTPOP: “I want the fans to be surprised, but I will just tell you that it’s a wonderful, soul-searching experience,” she explained, “and it’s very unlike the last album in that way. I made that album on the road. ARTPOP was, you know, the acid-making record. And this record is like — my old self as a cadaver. And I’m just, I’m operating on my old self.” Operating on her old self? Sounds morbid, and slightly Fame Monster-esque

You can read the full interview at Yahoo.

hmmmmm

ibpsM5KXsBRonD.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
“If you’re not gonna write your own music,” she tells me, “you better be able to blow. Because if you can’t blow, there’s no reason to do the job. But then you think about artists that can’t really sing, that have songs written for them, and it’s like, well why are they artists? Why are companies paying money to promote them? Because they’re beautiful and look good on camera and are kinda-sorta singing along? It’s like karaoke for pretty girls. When you’re a singer-songwriter it doesn’t really matter if you’re beautiful. What matters is that you create a relationship with your fans, and they care what you have to say.”

iXoIrad44S7Zx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom