• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's summertime and i hang on the vine
they're gonna make me into sweet red wine
hanging around like the fruit on a tree
waiting to be picked come and cut me free

come on fill your cup up
looking for some good luck
good luck good luck to you
hanging like a fru-uit
waiting to be ju-uice
juuu-uuuiced

living la dolce vita
life couldn't get much sweeter
don't you give me a reason
that it's not the right season
babe i love you a lot
i'll give you all i got
yeah you know that it's true
i've been saving all my summers for you
i've been saving all my summers for you

like fru-u-u-uit
like fru-u-u-uit

paul-rudd-dance-gif.gif

this lowkey sex anthem tbh

rhandino

Banned
Why do people always come after The Fame Monster is a true mistery for me tbh.

You can hate what Gaga has become (I DO!) but you cannot hate how flawless that album was, when will your faded and irrelevant fave will produce such a perfect collection of bops that put the other to shame, not even BEYONCE who is a pretty good and cohesive album can even touch the god like status of TFM.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We're staying all night
We never slow down
I think we better do it like we're doing it now
It's been a long time
Since we've been around
So come on, let's keep doing it like we're doing it
Doing it like we're doing it now

All night long
We dancing to this song
Keep doing it like we're doing it
All night long
We dancing to this song
Keep doing it like we're doing it

We're staying all night
We never slow down
I think we better do it like we're doing it now
It's been a long time
Since we've been around
So come on, let's keep doing it like we're doing it
Doing it like we're doing it now, baby

tumblr_n4ctpvG1HE1tne3oro1_500.gif

Partition

Banned
Why do people always come after The Fame Monster is a true mistery for me tbh.

You can hate what Gaga has become (I DO!) but you cannot hate how flawless that album was, when will your faded and irrelevant fave will produce such a perfect collection of bops that put the other to shame, not even BEYONCE who is a pretty good and cohesive album can even touch the god like status of TFM.

BEYONCÉ is a much more cohesive album, thematically and in sound. It wasnt just a collection of made-to-be radio hits with similar structure.

Vazra

Charli XCX said:
Hey angels, so I’m moving the UK and European release date of Sucker back to the 16th of Feb, I know it’s longer to wait but I wanted you guys to have the new version of ‘Doing It’ featuring Rita Ora. I’m also including a special unreleased bonus track!
Source

Charli officially hates UK and Europe.

rhandino

Banned
BEYONCÉ is a much more cohesive album, thematically and in sound. It wasnt just a collection of made-to-be radio hits with similar structure.
Oh, I agrih with that and I thank her for that, the album is a pleasure to listen but TFM has so many hit bops, hell some clubs here STILL put Bad Romance and Telephone during the night and people STILL love those songs.

Edit: I think that one disappointment I have about ARTPOP is that the album should have been more cohesive but she, for me, tried so hard to capture the magic TF and TFM eras and yet she failed so hard at that... the idea of a music video with almost every song should have been also in ARTPOP, what a mess.

they just played Get Me Bodied on BBC Radio 2

still such an amazing a-n-t-h-e-m

I ain't worried doing me tonight
A little sweat ain't never hurt nobody
While you all standin' on the wall
I'm the one tonight
Getting bodied, getting bodied, getting bodied, getting bodied
Getting bodied, want my body
Won't you get me bodied
You want my body
Won't you get me bodied (hey)

You should see my body
I gotta know enough to know if you can get me bodied
I'm kinda tight, I'm feeling right enough to see somebody
I wanna let it off tonight
Wanna dance, wanna party wanna be myself tonight

Can you get me bodied
I wanna be myself tonight
Can you get me bodied
I wanna be myself tonight
Don't you see my body?
I want to let it out tonight
Wanna party, wanna dance, wanna be myself tonight, me bodied

rihanna-sexy-gif.gif

Condense BEYONCE, Born This Way, hell even Ultraviolence, ARTPOP or Teenage Dream to 8 of its best songs and they would be comparable in quality to TFM. The Fame Monster has the advantage of being trimmed down and polished, and that's a luxury that 95% of pop albums can't access. Very few full albums maintain a pristine and consistent level of quality throughout, and even if it comes close to doing it in the most objective way possible, personal taste typically makes us like some more than others, and it lessens the overall sheen of the package. An EP though? You're still starved by the end of it because it's so short, which makes you study and listen to those few songs so much more and the whole package starts to seem more unified or cohesive because it's such a small group.

I'm not dogging on TFM at all because I do think that it takes real genius to create an EP like that, and Gaga IS a genius, but using the pros of TFM to highlight the cons of full albums like BTW is sort of unfair because BTW doesn't get to edit and trim.

;tldr Stop comparing EPs and LPs because they're designed differently, though TFM is still amazing and is Gaga's most poignant work

Vazra

I'm not dogging on TFM at all because I do think that it takes real genius to create an EP like that, and Gaga IS a genius, but using the pros of TFM to highlight the cons of full albums like BTW is sort of unfair because BTW doesn't get to edit and trim.

tumblr_inline_myu1yjz9Ey1s5fr6a.gif

rhandino

Banned
Condense BEYONCE
Now sis, I could agree with the others but Self-Titled works because all the songs are cohesive and tell a story together, they kind of fail as commercial single but if you remove even one song, then the final product would suffer (But I have some friends that think that the Drake track is kind of vile and some parts of blow are kind of shitty but hey...)

Now, I wonder how many good albums could some artists have if you trim the fat their discographies

Vazra

I don't know what to say if you can't acknowledge that the majority of "Beyoncé" is absolutely half-baked; some of these songs are just so lazy sounding.

I think people think because its consistent it cancels out the negative. I do agree its lazy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Source

Charli officially hates UK and Europe.

i am READY to give up on this bitch. one whiff of american fame and she can't even be arsed to release the album in her home country before the rapture any more.

‘SUCKER’ RELEASE TIMELINE

June 15 1888: ‘Sucker’ originally mooted for release on wax cylinder.

September 8 1939: Rescheduled release of ‘Sucker’ cancelled due to outbreak of World War II.

November 15 1974: 8-track cartridge release of ‘Sucker’ cancelled for unexplained reasons.

December 31 1989: ‘Sucker’ lined up for release on LP, CD and cassette, with free poster in branches of Our Price, but cancelled due to scheduling conflict relating to Charli’s previously arranged performance atop the partly demolished Berlin Wall.

October 2014: ‘Sucker’ scheduled for proper UK release.

December 15 2014: ‘Sucker’ released in America.

January 26 2015: ‘Sucker’ really finally scheduled for proper UK release.

February 16 2015: ‘Sucker’ really-finally-no-seriously-guys-come-on released in the UK. (TBC)

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/c...-uk-album-release-has-gone-back-again/133601/

lol a bit though

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'heartbeat song'

that demo-esque title is not giving me hope

[edit] waiT apparently katy perry has recorded a new song called 'she's so creepy'

RIP go IN

Now sis, I could agree with the others but Self-Titled works because all the songs are cohesive and tell a story together, they kind of fail as commercial single but if you remove even one song, then the final product would suffer (But I have some friends that think that the Drake track is kind of vile and some parts of blow are kind of shitty but hey...)

Now, I wonder how many good albums could some artists have if you trim the fat their discographies

I agree, and I wouldn't condense BEYONCE at all because I think each song makes the whole package better. I was only responding to the comments about the album not being great because it has a lot of songs they didn't like. So like with anything, if you take away the things you don't like and keep the things you do like, you're a much happier camper.

Personally though, I can't listen to BEYONCE without starting from Pretty Hurts and making my way through in order. It's like a movie to me. Iconic.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is EVERYBODY releasing in 2015?

Vazduh

Is EVERYBODY releasing in 2015?

Pretty much.

I'm most curious about Britney, since very little is known about her upcoming album, yet she's supposed to drop a single very soon (if Iggy Azealia is to be believed).

Praying to Kyon it's better than Britney Jeans.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Everybody but our fave.

So, consequently, NOBODY.

Praying to the gay gods that she does a surprise release
or at least a single towards the end of the year

Pretty much.

I'm most curious about Britney, since very little is known about her upcoming album, yet she's supposed to drop a single very soon (if Iggy Azealia is to be believed).

Praying to Kyon it's better than Britney Jeans.

eurgh
i managed to purge that from my mind
isnt missy due a comeback? cant she work with her instead

I can't believe that she wanted Beyonce to sing "All About That Bass"

There would have been nothing more condescending than Beyonce calling herself a "big girl." lol

SaintZ

Well it doesn't sound THAT bad. I really want to see the video.

Also... what's going on with Azealia now?
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 38m38 minutes ago

Stop digging up old tweets losers. You've all had crazy opinions when you were 19. I'm about to be 24, things change.
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 38m38 minutes ago

You're all guilty of having young thotty thoughts
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 5m5 minutes ago

We're not gonna get into this homophobia thing again because I simply donot care.
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 5m5 minutes ago

I say nigga all the time and don't see any of u standing up for black rights. America can't pick and choose when it wants to be offended
didn't she delete all of her old tweets tho? I'm glad she thinks people can change and that old tweets shouldn't count in the present :eli:

I don't think it's that much worse, like when they just add some kind of shitty rap verse to an otherwise good song.

But then again, her verse doesn't add anything good either. It's funny (=stupid) this is the excuse to delay the album release.

And when is Ora's own single/cd gonna release anyway. I've grown tired of the Get a Little Closer remix, yet the original version is still not released. So backwards.

Floridian

I don't think it's that much worse, like when they just add some kind of shitty rap verse to an otherwise good song.

But then again, her verse doesn't add anything good either. It's funny (=stupid) this is the excuse to delay the album release.

And when is Ora's own single/cd gonna release anyway. I've grown tired of the Get a Little Closer remix, yet the original version is still not released. So backwards.

Rita Oral is usually focused on other people's music rather than her own.

Matt_

HOLY FUCK
PEREZ HILTON IS IN UK CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER
SO IS MICHELLE VISAGE FROM DRAG RACE
SO IS QUEEN CUNT KATIE HOPKINS
I CANNOT COPE

Zutroy

My three faves (Britney, Rihanna and Kelly) all coming out this year! Exciting times ahead!

Also looking forward to Leona and curious what sound Xtina is gonna go for.

Rihanna must be serving something IMMENSE for Jay to feel comfortable with ha moonlighting as a fashion model these past two years

I, for one, am looking forward to the lead single (and filler album tracks) that will singlehandedly dictate what pop music in 2015 will sound like. Rihanna's the only one with that kind of sway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom