• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys my mom is a mega P!nk stan. She's like "have you heard her recent acoustic album with blablabla" and I'm like "oh I don't know her"

My own mother's showing me up on pop star knowledge. I'm proud but also it's P!nk, so I'm partly ashamed.

Vazduh

I think Cosmic Bus posted Susanne's song back when it came out, but it was paid dust. It's a good song, I agrih!

balkan cock

Did you call for Bladenic, me or Beysus?

I6LVNfE.gif

nOpe

the only accurate one here is UV being BTW

That's the most similar pair though girl

Unless you're inferring that Paradise is a lot better. Or that TFM is.

I think all three fit tbh

EDIT: Man Born This Way is so amazing. Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Judas, Hair, Scheisse, Bloody Mary, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion, Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover, The Edge of Glory. She topped herself like 10 times in one alber. Slay mother dust

EDIT: Man Born This Way is so amazing. Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Judas, Hair, Scheisse, Bloody Mary, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion, Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover, The Edge of Glory. She topped herself like 10 times in one alber. Slay mother dust

I agree mostly. But love yourself @ the bolded.

Latch

That's the most similar pair though girl

Unless you're inferring that Paradise is a lot better. Or that TFM is.

I think all three fit tbh

TFM is miles better than Paradise
It literally has z e r o bad songs

Born This Way isn't my favorite Gags album because of the contrived, Radio Disney shtick, but it's definitely a landmark project in her career and it has some of her best songs. What I mostly love about it is the sound. That 80s arena tour vibe. It's like a grittier, less polished counterpart to TFM.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It literally has z e r o bad songs

Born This Way isn't my favorite Gags album because of the contrived, Radio Disney shtick, but it's definitely a landmark project in her career and it has some of her best songs. What I mostly love about it is the sound. That 80s arena tour vibe. It's like a grittier, less polished counterpart to TFM.

are we the same person. are you what happens when i black out

I agree mostly. But love yourself @ the bolded.

Ummm Hair is a fun cheesy 80s teen dream tea, don't hate

And Black Jesus+Amen Fashion is one of her best. It's the best "introspective" into her younger days that she's written, and it's a great song about New York. Listen to it with an open mind sis

SaintZ

It literally has z e r o bad songs.
Not when Teeth exists. Trash. Although at least I can finish that song unlike the re-recorded version of Yayo included on Paradise. What was Lana thinking?
waq685xu9z.gif
The original version is far superior.

Latch

Not when Teeth exists. Trash. Although at least I can finish that song unlike the re-recorded version of Yayo included on Paradise. What was Lana thinking?
waq685xu9z.gif
The original version is far superior.

ugh, yes
the jazz Yayo is a fucking mess

and I hate when people come for Teeth
it's rare to hear Gaga exploring genres outside of dance pop, so it's one of her most experimental songs in that regard

I wouldn't say it's one of the best songs on the EP, but it's not bad at all
It's well written and it has interesting production

Teeth is one of my faves on The Fame Monster. I have never understood the disdain it seems to get.

And Paradise Yayo is a complete butchering of the original. Removing dark niiiiiiiiiight alone is inexcusable. But then that completely haunting outro was also removed. Trash.

off-topic: I want Soulscribe to violate me with a hot branding rod
mmk, carry on

I mean.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
teeth is honestly like the secret best song on TFM

i mean obviously not because TFM has bad romance and telephone

but it's definitely better than speechless and so happy

Latch

Teeth is one of my faves on The Fame Monster. I have never understood the disdain it seems to get.

And Paradise Yayo is a complete butchering of the original. Removing dark niiiiiiiiiight alone is inexcusable. But then that completely haunting outro was also removed. Trash.

I mean.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teeth is honestly like the secret best song on TFM

i mean obviously not because TFM has bad romance and telephone

Wayment, sis...

off-topic: I want Soulscribe to violate me with a hot branding rod
mmk, carry on

nnnn, not the image of a hot branding rod making me blush. xoxo

Related, my Fame Monster ranking from favorite to least:

1- So Happy I Could Die
2- Alejandro
3- Bad Romance
4- Teeth
5- Dance In The Dark
6- Monster
7- Speechless
8- Telephone

Keep in mind that 1 through 7 are practically tied

EDIT: For shits and giggles, my 2014 BTW ranking (coz it changes every year):

1- The Edge of Glory
2- Bloody Mary
3- Marry The Night
4- Scheisse
5- Hair
6- Americano
7- Black Jesus + Amen Fashion
8- Born This Way
9- Judas
10- The Queen
11- Bad Kids
12- Government Hooker
13- Electric Chapel
14- Heavy Metal Lover
15- You and I
16- Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)
17- Fashion Of His Love

Keep in mind that 1 through 16 are practically tied

SaintZ

FIRO collabed with Charli in a "Doing It" Remix

According to an Atlantic Records release schedule chucked on Twitter by Stephen Ackroyd, the UK release of Charli XCX’s ‘Sucker’ album has been pushed back again, and will now be able to buy it on February 16.

ALSO, if this tweet and this tweet are to be believed, it will now feature a new version of ‘Doing It’ featuring the dulcet tones of middle England-offending bra avoider Rita Ora, with – we assume – that single coming very very soon (the video’s already been filmed).
YAS at Doing It being the next single :D

Partition

Banned

i agree

i tried rekindling my love for So Happy I Could Die and all i heard was ehheheheeheheh and the annoying autotune. not as good as i remembered it tbh, but my standards have evolved i blame F K A T w i g s.

teeth is good. the looped sample in the production is annoying tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom