• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutroy

what's the tea on britney's latest? who is producing etc

Some sort of disco track for Giorgio Moroder's album is confirmed. Whether that sound follows through into her own album is unknown (probably not). As far as I know Orbit has been the only producer really hinting about being involved so far. She also in a interview mentioned something more 'arty farty' whatever that means.

Touchdown

Banned
Belting, or belching?

you know what

4b938ed984.gif

Yado

Rihanna must be serving something IMMENSE for Jay to feel comfortable with ha moonlighting as a fashion model these past two years

I, for one, am looking forward to the lead single (and filler album tracks) that will singlehandedly dictate what pop music in 2015 will sound like. Rihanna's the only one with that kind of sway.

I predict it will sound like a more accessible version of fka twig's sound. This is going to be Rihanna's Real Artist™ era, hold on to your wigs.

rude

Banned
Wait. Beyonce tells a cohesive story? Lmao
EXACTLY. talking about how much she loves her husband, telling bitches to bow down, post apocalyptic superpowers, cunnilingus, how much she loves her kid, pretty "hurting"....like just STOP drinking the fucking kool aid. there isn't even a cohesive SOUND to the album

cory64

It is a shame bop, but it will sound older than Marian's last relevant era in a year or two.

The all-foreseeing queen Beyoncé had the good sense not to follow trends into EDM purgatory.

SG35vb.gif

New updates in #leonalewis2015worlddomination:

1. Leona's new album is officially completed

2. Her label plans to release a different lead single in US/UK, and is deciding among SIX potential lead singles for each region

3. "Fire Under My Feet" is apparently not one of them

I can't with this information drip-drip, lay it on me Leonaaaaaaaaa

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
2. Her label plans to release a different lead single in US/UK, and is deciding among SIX potential lead singles for each region

well this is a bit worrying

it either means the album has six songs that are so good they could potentially be lead singles

or more probably it means that none of the tracks on it are standout lead single potential amazingness

The Flop

Banned
SG35vb.gif

New updates in #leonalewis2015worlddomination:

1. Leona's new album is officially completed

3. "Fire Under My Feet" is apparently not one of them

I can't with this information drip-drip, lay it on me Leonaaaaaaaaa

yasss1.gif

The Flop

Banned
In honor of the Queen Kellegend gracing the pop scene again on Monday, I'm thinking about doing a discography review of hers. Hmmmm.

kelly-point.gif

Vitanimus

Like a flame that seeks explosives
As gunpowder needs a war
I feast inside you, my host is you
Ooo-ooo-ooo-oooh
Ooo-ooo-ooo-oooh

The perfect match, you and I
You fail to resist
My crystalline charm

Like a virus, patient hunter
I'm waiting for you, I'm starving for you