• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
leona lewis please read your pm

I'm having a crisis

200_s.gif

also

"Fifty Shades Of Grey" Soundtrack Tracklist
1. I Put a Spell On You – Annie Lennox
2. Undiscovered – Laura Welsh
3. Earned It – The Weeknd
4. Meet Me In the Middle – Jessie Ware
5. Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
6. Haunted (Michael Diamond Remix) – Beyoncé
7. Salted Wound – Sia
8. Beast of Burden – The Rolling Stones
9. I’m On Fire – AWOLNATION
10. Crazy In Love (2014 Remix) – Beyoncé
11. Witchcraft – Frank Sinatra
12. One Last Night – Vaults
13. Where You Belong – The Weeknd
14. I Know You – Skylar Grey
15. Anna and Christian – Danny Elfman
16. Did That Hurt? – Danny Elfman

This soundtrack will be GODLY
I NEED those beyonce remixes

Shaping up to be brilliant and the only reason to care about the film in any capacity.

And not me thinking Skylar Grey was a character from the movie at first. RIP.

Trigger

it was there worst charting song in the US too

also

"Fifty Shades Of Grey" Soundtrack Tracklist
1. I Put a Spell On You – Annie Lennox
2. Undiscovered – Laura Welsh
3. Earned It – The Weeknd
4. Meet Me In the Middle – Jessie Ware
5. Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
6. Haunted (Michael Diamond Remix) – Beyoncé
7. Salted Wound – Sia
8. Beast of Burden – The Rolling Stones
9. I’m On Fire – AWOLNATION
10. Crazy In Love (2014 Remix) – Beyoncé
11. Witchcraft – Frank Sinatra
12. One Last Night – Vaults
13. Where You Belong – The Weeknd
14. I Know You – Skylar Grey
15. Anna and Christian – Danny Elfman
16. Did That Hurt? – Danny Elfman

This soundtrack will be GODLY
I NEED those beyonce remixes

Slay a bit. This looks like it'll be a great mix.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just heard Sugar for the first time on the radio so I'm a bit late... but did you guys realize that it's the exact same goddamn thing as Birthday? Hell even the video is a complete rip off. Maroon 5 need to go away.

I watched the first five seconds of the video today and promptly came to my senses and clicked off the page

Trigger

I agree actually. Songs About Jane was a great album. Things went downhill quickly after that though and now it's just a constant stream of garbage.

I can't even honestly call it garbage. Just a very safe and generic sound. Completely listenable stuff on the radio when I'm driving, but most of the charm from Songs About Jane is gone. I won't hate though. They've been pretty successful between Adam's charisma and their safer sound.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why Try, Be My Baby and Love Me Harder are great
the rest is irrelevant

Zutroy

Why Try, Be My Baby and Love Me Harder are great
the rest is irrelevant

Add One Last Time to that list!

An interview with Giorgio revealed that his Britney collab is an old song. Dunno if that's an old one of his, hers or just some old song. Also didn't realise there was a Foxes track on his album too!

P.S. Stefani's looking good.

jt6m5Yf.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tvDXOwjm.png

ALBUM TWO INCOMING

as always americans, keep your hands off

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/51/78/8b/51788be7a45e9f0de5c99f933ca94c79.jpg[img]

standard. [img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/294/b/7/peace_sign__fixed__by_fairypix-d6jhboi.png

Let me get ready to import again.

Kelis fans doing the mosT

That portrait is gorgeous, Blasian Persuasion, and the color scheme is to die for levels of subtlety~

If only all stanbases were as talented and tasteful

51E8-tw8yqL.jpg
leona-lewis-by-artisticheather[125937].jpg

Vazra

Decided to draw one of my favorite Pop artists for the new year.

It looks like her but in my first look I kinda saw a mixture of Jay Z and Beyonce. Which kinda works tbh. Looks great and like your styling a lot.

EDIT: Perspective can be a bitch to get right sometimes so I kinda see what happened with that guy on the Leona drawing.

Vazra

Your faves wish they could have jessie's vocals tbh. Bi Sweet Talker on iTunes.

A decent album that could have a bit more personality but overall in a year like 2014 it can be used in a top 20 Pop Albums of the year.

Floridian

It's inconsistent but then again when you look at her first album that felt extremely disjointed and he new one at least has a bit more of cohesion.

Jessie's problem is basically promotion as well. She struggles to get popularity within the states, and Bang Bang was sort of a jump opportunity for her to get a hit with the help of Ariana and Nicki. I'm sure she's more popular in the U.K though, and even if her vocals are a bit out there, she sounds way better live than what people give her credit for. Underrated artist indeed.

Edit: Just some examples for the folk who don't believe she's not a great live vocalist
Get Away
Acoustic - Bang Bang
Nobody's Perfect - Live

Vazra

Jessie's problem is basically promotion as well. She struggles to get popularity within the states, and Bang Bang was sort of a jump opportunity for her to get a hit with the help of Ariana and Nicki. I'm sure she's more popular in the U.K though, and even if her vocals are a bit out there, she sounds way better live than what people give her credit for. Underrated artist indeed.

Get Away
Acoustic - Bang Bang
Nobody's Perfect - Live

She needs a better team behind her that will do better promo and keep her with a direction cause the issue mostly with her music as a whole is that it doesnt have a direct direction trying to be a Jack of all trades but ends as master of none. She needs to look at the songs that were her hits and learn from them.

Vazra

"Wild" is giving me life right now. I wish they would have released this in the US, it makes me bussy pop.

13rQreqMhEwMk8.gif

Wild > Bang Bang.

Wild the problem is that the rappers are crap and it needs a good bridge. Bang Bang issue is that the whole thing is monotonous. I lived for Wild when it was released and I purchased Wild on US iTunes. >.> (Alive is a weak album tho)

Floridian

She needs a better team behind her that will do better promo and keep her with a direction cause the issue mostly with her music as a whole is that it doesnt have a direct direction trying to be a Jack of all trades but ends as master of none. She needs to look at the songs that were her hits and learn from them.

Well Price Tag and Domino for example are some of her biggest hits from who you are, and during that time she was doing great between 2011-2012. The GP in the U.S doesn't really take her seriously as a solo artist, and she does have tendencies to go all other the place without sticking to one direction. Hopefully though her next album will have more focus.

The Flop

Banned
Wild the problem is that the rappers are crap and it needs a good bridge. Bang Bang issue is that the whole thing is monotonous. I lived for Wild when it was released and I purchased Wild on US iTunes. >.> (Alive is a weak album tho)

I purchased on iTunes too. I agree it needed that bridge to pop, but it didn't, but still I can't stop but bop to it.

Also my Itewns just switched to this
I need more
Leona Lewis
in my life. Don't let me have to deal with her understudy
Ella Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom