• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
The tantrums.

ibbxsRfh2xCwWC.gif

royalan

'Popgaf*'s fave'

*and whoever you can rope in to vote for your 'legendary' fave even tho she can't beat a 'flop' indie gerl

Well, to be fair, I don't see any legends/mainstream acts surviving long in this competition. Thanks to the influx of younger PopGaffers I see indie/lesser-known acts winning out because they're oh-so hip, "authentic", and don't clip their fingernails.

If Grimes beats Mariah I see her going far.

It's like that year we did the PopGAF Grammys and Lana del Rey won practically everything.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well, to be fair, I don't see any legends/mainstream acts surviving long in this competition. Thanks to the influx of younger PopGaffers I see indie/lesser-known acts winning out because they're oh-so hip, "authentic", and don't clip their fingernails.

It's like that year we did the PopGAF Grammys and Lana del Rey won practically everything.
The winner will clearly be either Rihanna or Beyoncé, I'm not really sure what you mean.

or maybe we just *le gasp* enjoy their music

have I or any of the others that you're referring to used the words 'authentic'? REALLY?

Aguila

#ICONIC

boo hoo, your faves aren't popular anymore

grandpasimpsonyellingatig3.jpg

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Yeah, Lana Del Rey really did commit career suicide with that shit album Ultraflatulence. :(

WOAH, Ultraviolence is what made me a fan of her!
Literally better than anything Xtinct's ever put out. Lana has an amazing voice, while Christina is a technically good singer, her voice isn't pleasant sounding, it just sounds like scrambled eggs

Mau ®

I have yet to listen to Ultraviolence all the way through. I've meaning to do so since I'm seeing her live next month but then I saw a recent setlist and she basically sings BTD stuff so I think I'm good *.*

Literally better than anything Xtinct's ever put out.

You know this is a lie.

Stripped and Back to Basics CD2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mau ®;129890120 said:
I have yet to listen to Ultraviolence all the way through. I've meaning to do so since I'm seeing her live next month but then I saw a recent setlist and she basically sings BTD stuff so I think I'm good *.*
Listen to it, it's great. Not as good as BTD but it's very good.

royalan

WOAH, Ultraviolence is what made me a fan of her!
Literally better than anything Xtinct's ever put out. Lana has an amazing voice, while Christina is a technically good singer, her voice isn't pleasant sounding, it just sounds like scrambled eggs

Lana has a good voice... When she's not covering it in 555467 echo filters to the point of being unintelligible like about 8 of the tracks on the album.

It's her weakest vocal showing, sis.

Ultraviolence needed more up-beat songs like Brooklyn Baby and Florida Kilos. Sad Girl, Pretty When You Cry, and a little of Money Power Glory all sound the same lol

BATTLE OVER.

How did Mariah and Grimes do? The results are in:

iBCCd71a7DzVT.png

Congrats to Mariah and Touchdown's recruiting efforts! This was a tied battle only until the last few moments of the match, so it was definitely fun for me to tally up and watch.

Grimes will now compete in the Losers Bracket against whoever is next to lose out. Don't count her out just yet, so Grimes stans can still hustle to keep her in the game. Will the next match draw similar results?

ROUND 1, BATTLE 2 COMING UP IN MOMENTS, STAY TUNED!

To be fair, the GAFHOP votes I received all said Grimes. RIP

The tie-breakers were some wayward POPGAF users, so thanks again for participating. :)

Aphrodite has been summoned. Miles away, a Halcyon readies for flight....

iBiams66ue6dM.png

Make sure to PM me your vote! Will Kylie Minogue or Ellie Goulding ascend to the Winners Bracket? Send me your PMs now to move your favorite forward!

(And Mumei/Mau, feel free to change the thread title if you'd like to. Thanks again <3)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Tbf I was strongly considering bumping a Grimes thread to vote-beg.

But then at the last minute it occurred to me to not be lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom