• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iLETfGy5u5ryf.gif

Hmmm....

Old news like Madonna. Try getting new news and hop off my dick.

Plus the quality is still there compared to your rotten faves
bda655e95b.png
5d43724ffd.jpg
a68d783662.jpg

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Old news like Madonna. Try getting new news and hop off my dick.

Plus the quality is still there compared to your rotten faves
bda655e95b.png
5d43724ffd.jpg
a68d783662.jpg

ahh.gif

Gurl you know I'm just playin'!!! But Charli will be lucky to have a career that lasts long enough to produce something on the level of Born This Way or Ray of Light/Confessions lbr

BTW how do you capture metacritic images like that? I was on the page and cannot figure it out..... I was gonna use another of my fave's Sade's well reviewed latest album Soldier of Love against you haha

It was not intended as shade, I didn't find a gif in that classy suit she used to perform tough =/

EDIT: Well, there is this one =P

gXAcH52.gif

She DID look amazing on stage! Shame about the awful song but her look was on point *.*

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
She always serves class... when will my other faves T_T

ZSRDvtG.jpg

Did you know I have yet to listen to a full Rihanna album? lol been waiting a loooooong time for that pop-themed playlist Mau promised me :eyes:

I absolutely LOVED her stint as a high fashion model though:

rihanna-september-cover.jpg

Vazra

ahh.gif

Gurl you know I'm just playin'!!! But Charli will be lucky to have a career that lasts long enough to produce something on the level of Born This Way or Ray of Light/Confessions lbr
ROFL
ddb1908790.png

BTW how do you capture metacritic images like that? I was on the page and cannot figure it out..... I was gonna use another of my fave's Sade's well reviewed latest album Soldier of Love against you haha
puush.me installed lets you capture the area you want.

As for Sade I leave you this if you wanna go picking other faves.
3c89b36ab8.png

rhandino

Banned
Did you know I have yet to listen to a full Rihanna album? lol been waiting a loooooong time for that pop-themed playlist Mau promised me :eyes:
I'm part of the problem... I only listen her singles since they are almost always amazing and are put a lot of time in radio and clubs so they are everywhere.

I tried to listen her full albums starting with Rated R but It didn't quite click but will try this one since looks interesting, mostly because I like 45 Seconds.

enigmatic_alex44

True; to be honest, I was afraid I was going to get a lashing from people who feel like she doesn't belong there :-(

I love Celine I don't know why the rest of PopGaf hates her. She's talented and a class act irl.

puush.me installed lets you capture the area you want.

As for Sade I leave you this if you wanna go picking other faves.
3c89b36ab8.png

Haha thanks I'm gonna install it ;)

....also I tried a stream of St. Vincent's previous album, didn't really like it but I haven't tried this newest one yet

Vazra

It's pointless to compare album reviews. So many different things go into a reviewer's opinion of what they're reviewing.

Yeah like how Charli's album shits on Gaga's latest efforts. How Gaga is done and how Gaga is only a joke of her former self.

enigmatic_alex44

There is no comparison talent wise. Gaga's live vocals >>>>>> Charli's

Compare Gaga's stellar live performance @ the Grammys vs. Charli's disastrous live SNL performance. Charli's a cool chick and does "Avril" better than Avril but let's not pretend she isn't a studio artist not a live one.

3phemeral

Sis but you didn't lie. If I can run a query on this entire thread for how many times Gaga is mentioned, she will be at Mariah 100:1. I don't know how Mariah even got the titled when no one talks about her. Only her stans are percheD for her next failure. Everyone seems to ALWAYS leave out hope for Gaga. It why we keep having these about which one is her best album. I'm gonna have to start bookmarking pages of this lol.

Sweetheart, plenty of people talk about her. Just because you have no interest in her is irrelvant. All kinds of irrelevant, I might add.

She is the most talented vocalist in pop music (a panel that she shares only with three other ladies: Barbra, Aretha and Whitney); (Her coloratura abilities, however, give her the slight edge, though, IMHO.

Queen Mimi remains unbothered.

LOL @ the nerve of some people up here. SMH

You tried iT, TBH

See y'all, I'm learning the lingo!

Drag iT!

Beyonce as a sanger wouldn't exist without Queen Mimi. Ha' influence is long reaching and everlasting.

I still love you, Aya.

Alrighty! I'm mostly interested in her pre-EoM remixes anyway :p
Sorry, I've been running late with listing her remixes with new vocals. :p Been busy!

I can't use, though. It lacks that magic touch that I'm sure would have been recreated had she decided to head into the studio to redo the arrangement.

In other news:

ibdwE1BUmp0QkQ.gif

3phemeral

Wow! I really like this, what's this from a collection or remix album? Reminds me of the awesome songs Cece Peniston would release in the 90's

Most of her dance remixes from Butterfly and prior have either a C&C Music Factory or House vibe. Afterward, she focuses more on Hip Hop/R&B-influenced club tracks that are midtempo.

Off the top of my head:

What's funny is that I was listening to Broke w/ Expensive Taste and thinking how a lot of the tracks would fit right in with Mariah's earlier dance remixes -- only of course, being completely vocally re-imagined. Closest to any of the current pop chicks producing something similar is Katy Perry's Walking On Air, but that chorus is totally deflated.

rhandino

Banned
Yas! All this love to Mariah remixes make me happy =D

What's funny is that I was listening to Broke w/ Expensive Taste and thinking how a lot of the tracks would fit right in with Mariah's earlier dance remixes -- only of course, being completely vocally re-imagined. Closest to any of the current pop chicks producing something similar is Katy Perry's Walking On Air, but that chorus is totally deflated.
When the song starts with that "You're giving me sweet, sweet..." I was reminded of the Fantasy remix, I think is one of my favorite songs from Perry.

Vazduh

It's February 11, 1997, Mariah Carey enters McDonalds. Mimi walks to the front of the line, skipping her peasants, and orders a #2 with large fries.

"What kind of drink, M'am," asks the peasant.

Mariah giggles to herself, and without making eye-contact says, "A splash of Diet Coke, Darling. I'm watching my figure."

Mariah pulls out the check she received for her last album and tells the peasant to "keep the change." After receiving her food, Mariah sits at the table with the fewest crumbs and guzzles down some fries.

Suddenly, Mariah hears a duet between BabyFace and an angelic voice. The Elusive Chanteuse adjusts her sunglasses and lets out a giggle. Every Time I Close My Eyes is playing on the radio, and Mariah smiles at other customers each time her background vocals grace their ears.

...And then she woke up.

It's February 11, 2015.

Mariah and her child are rummaging through the fridge for a late night snack. Mariah ponders to herself, "Boston Cream Pie or Banana Split?" as she shifts around her various tubs of ice-cream.

Mariah-Carey-422x424.jpg

Suddenly, Mariah hears a duet of between BabyFace and an angelic voice emitting from her television. The song bird supreme lets out a shrill cackle, then looks down at her daughter.

"Come, Monroe. The image box is playing Mommy's music," she says, cheeks elevated.

By the time Mariah reaches her television, the music has stopped playing and all that is left is applause. Mariah looks at her television, and her eyes bulge. The five octave diva lets out an F5 scream.

The television shows Babyface and Ariana Grande at the Stevie Wonder tribute.

Mariah rushes to her computer to complain.

ibzvzkUckfit3g.gif

mariah-carey-and-apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-gallery.jpg

I live.

p1eLiHA.gif

What is with Marina's voice being heavily filtered on a lot of these songs? It's annoying af. Not to mention superfluous.

That aside, Froot is pretty damn good. Savages won't stop punching.

Underneath it all we're just savages
Hidden behind shirts, ties, and marriages
How can we expect anything at all
We're just animals still learning how to crawl

iA2GeBy0xc60V.gif

What more can I give?
What more can I say?
I can't make you love me anyway

Oh, maybe I'm not the one
Oh, maybe I'm too young
But for reasons why I can't deny
I'm a fool for you, fool for you, fool for you

Oh, maybe I'm not the one
Oh, maybe I'm too young
But for reasons why I can't deny
I'm a fool for you, fool for you
I'm a fool for you, yeah, I'm a fool for you

I'm a fool for you
I'm a fool for you
I'm a fool for you

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Unpopular oppinion: Even with all its shit and bloat, Rebel Heart is vastly better than MDNA and Hard Cand. I've actually been enjoying it quite a lot, even though half the tracks arent necessary.

I have been LIVING for that baby sample in autotune baby. The rest of the song is trash but I love that sample for some reason

Vazra

Unpopular oppinion: Even with all its shit and bloat, Rebel Heart is vastly better than MDNA and Hard Cand. I've actually been enjoying it quite a lot, even though half the tracks arent necessary.

I have been LIVING for that baby sample in autotune baby. The rest of the song is trash but I love that sample for some reason
I already said it was better than MDNA and Hard Candy tho.

rhandino

Banned
Listening to X from Ed Sheeran...

GTJO1rt.gif

Sing, Nina and Photograph are giving me life right now...

EDIT: What kind of subtle shade to say that Rebel Heart is at least better than MDNA? =P

I'm avoiding the leaks out of semi-stan respect but here's my two cents on the songs out so far:

Living For Love - LOVE
Devil Pray - LOVE
Ghosttown- LOVE
Unapologetic Bitch - Meh
Illuminati - Nope
Bitch I'm Madonna - Nope
Joan Of Arc - LOVE
Hold Tight - LOVE
Iconic - LOVE

So far this is shaping up to be a certified slay Madge... just keep up the classy mid-tempos and avoid the songs that rob your legacy for the sake of sounding "edgy."

Touchdown

Banned
tumblr_n1ke8mTmiv1sba90go1_500.gif

“You’re Mine (Eternal)" is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey, released on February 12, 2014, as the third single from her fourteenth studio album, Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse.
A second version of the song was also released on the same date, featuring American R&B singer-songwriter Trey Songz. The song received generally positive reviews from music critics, many of whom compared it to Carey’s 2005 comeback hit “We Belong Together”. It charted inside the top forty in Hungary, Korea, and Spain.
In the United States, the song peaked at number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100, although it was more successful on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs format, where it reached top-thirty.
You’re Mine reached #1 on the US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard)
making it her 17th number one on the chart. Celebrate!!!!

tumblr_n0y3rzDWmO1sba90go2_500.gif

rhandino

Banned
I don't really like the version with Trey, but the original?

wmmPYXF.gif

Not one of my favorite but still cute.

----

Also, how many have already installed Grindr for that Madonna contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom