• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting on an album in this day and age is pointless. Get it out the door as soon as possible or deal with the fact it's going to leak.

Edit: beaten by tghm :(

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
tumblr_njljqyFOZI1ru72gvo1_500.gif

iamamiwhoami will release BLUE (audiovisual film) on February 17th. It will contain all 10 videos from BLUE and "includes additional material connecting the audiovisual episodes and a bonus chapter (Dive)"

tumblr_inline_njd25v1YY51sk8304.jpg

Jonna Lee the music video queen. This is cool, though sad there seems to be no blu-ray option, it's digital only according to the page.

Always happy for more from her, iamamiwhoami released the best album of 2014 and it's still in daily rotation for me

Vazduh

I have to say I feel like withholding something pointlessly once it's already finished is kind of stupid. Like a month or two is maybe understandable. 6 months? Ehhhh. If she wanted to do that, why not start the monthly FROOTs when she'd finished some tracks but not completely finished the whole album?

The singers never decide the release date unless they self-release their albums, it's always up to their labels. It's not the first case of an album being finished and then shelved for at least six months or more; Avril's Goodbye Lullaby comes to mind.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Sitting on an album in this day and age is pointless. Get it out the door as soon as possible or deal with the fact it's going to leak.

Which is why I DO NOT understand why Madonna is waiting until March 10 or whatever to officially release Rebel Heart. The entire thing has been leaked for like a week already including the Super Deluxe version :/
Just release it now or she risks having an actual flop on her hands!

rhandino

Banned
Which is why I DO NOT understand why Madonna is waiting until March 10 or whatever to officially release Rebel Heart. The entire thing has been leaked for like a week already including the Super Deluxe version :/
Just release it now or she risks having an actual flop on her hands!

Maybe this

The singers never decide the release date unless they self-release their albums, it's always up to their labels.

Then again, she IS Madonna and should make what Bjork did after the leak, but the most probably is that the hype machine is already paid, they are not prepared or something along those lines...

If the album didn't leaked we all be hyped with "Living for Love" since the video is fire and the song is good.

enigmatic_alex44

Wait, Madonna still hasn't officially released the album yet? It's been leaked for weeks now, take the L, and move on.

MnISsQD.gif

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RA10R6E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This title will be released on March 10, 2015.

teadrinker.gif

Maybe this

Then again, she IS Madonna and should make what Bjork did after the leak, but the most probably is that the hype machine is already paid, they are not prepared or something along those lines...

If the album didn't leaked we all be hyped with "Living for Love" since the video is fire and the song is good.

Right????! I am FUMING cuz Living for Love would have blown up and hyped up the album but now it's gonna flop

teadrinker.gif

Wait what happened with Bjork though?

Impact tbh
LEkv1sR.gif

The singers never decide the release date unless they self-release their albums, it's always up to their labels. It's not the first case of an album being finished and then shelved for at least six months or more; Avril's Goodbye Lullaby comes to mind.
Then the labels need to wise up. It's like they don't learn from past experiences. I'm not saying everything should be rush released but if an album is done and just left sitting around (like Froot seems to have been) it's only detrimental and often results in stuff like this.

Froot leaked? what?
let me do some...research...
she should have just released it what the fuck Marina
Waiting now just seems pointless as well
Like the "Froot of the month" has really had it's impact reduced
If I were her, I would just release it on iTunes since it's only midweek anyway, then just do the promo planned for the Froots. They just wouldn't be debuts anymore.

Waiting now just seems pointless as well
Like the "Froot of the month" has really had it's impact reduced
If I were her, I would just release it on iTunes since it's only midweek anyway, then just do the promo planned for the Froots. They just wouldn't be debuts anymore.
yeah, it's a better option to just release it.
poor ha, but 6 months was just way too much

Vazduh

Then the labels need to wise up. It's like they don't learn from past experiences. I'm not saying everything should be rush released but if an album is done and just left sitting around (like Froot seems to have been) it's only detrimental and often results in stuff like this.

I understand what you mean and I agree to an extent, but the problem is that even though it may be art to the musicians who make it, to the labels music is a business first and foremost. They invest their money into the musicians and usually they have good reasons for deciding a release date.

The labels in general should try to react sooner to early leaks like this, though. Push the release date forward to maybe a week or two, which still leaves plenty of time for promotion, but softens the blow a tiny bit.

I understand what you mean and I agree to an extent, but the problem is that even though it may be art to the musicians who make it, to the labels music is a business first and foremost. They invest their money into the musicians and usually they have good reasons for deciding a release date.

The labels in general should try to react sooner to early leaks like this, though. Push the release date forward to maybe a week or two, which still leaves plenty of time for promotion, but softens the blow a tiny bit.
Alternatively, tighten the ships! I don't understand why some artists are able to keep their shit sealed (Beyonce - how??) while others are leaking all the time (Lana, Madonna).

rude

Banned
Alternatively, tighten the ships! I don't understand why some artists are able to keep their shit sealed (Beyonce - how??) while others are leaking all the time (Lana, Madonna).
like...can you really see Lana's management being strict and meticulous? like it's lana.

beyoncé's legal team is basically a lesser form of the FBI.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
its a shame about froot leaking
I actually liked this kinda release schedule of getting a song and video a month

Sis but you didn't lie. If I can run a query on this entire thread for how many times Gaga is mentioned, she will be at Mariah 100:1. I don't know how Mariah even got the titled when no one talks about her. Only her stans are percheD for her next failure. Everyone seems to ALWAYS leave out hope for Gaga. It why we keep having these about which one is her best album. I'm gonna have to start bookmarking pages of this lol.

Sweetheart, plenty of people talk about her. Just because you have no interest in her is irrelvant. All kinds of irrelevant, I might add.

She is the most talented vocalist in pop music (a panel that she shares only with three other ladies: Barbra, Aretha and Whitney); (Her coloratura abilities, however, give her the slight edge, though, IMHO.

Queen Mimi remains unbothered.

LOL @ the nerve of some people up here. SMH

You tried iT, TBH

See y'all, I'm learning the lingo!

Vazduh

It wasn't a secret when Beyonce was recording her album or shooting videos, but almost nobody, even the writers involved didn't know a thing about the release date. Also, the album came on iTunes first, which was a special deal that probably only a select number of Apple employees knew about. If it had been released like any other album, it would have been released on Amazon and Target, too, which would have lead to info leaks since more people would have been involved.

Basically, it was a strictly controlled affair, something which most artists cannot afford to do. This article explains it better than I could, btw.

As for Lana, she's truly one of a kind when it comes to leaks and I don't think anyone will be able to surpass her in that, lol. She and her team must be careless as hell, there's no other explanation.

edit: R.I.P. tghm1801

SaintZ

ibrGEI8NrDywHv.gif

Too bad, he shouldn't have asked for links. Getting banned over Mehrina of all people.

IAs for Lana, she's truly one of a kind when it comes to leaks and I don't think anyone will be able to surpass her in that, lol. She and her team must be careless as hell, there's no other explanation.
Well people have hacked her email and some guy stole ha computer so that's how we got a lot of her demos and unreleased songs. Ultraviolence and Born To Die didn't leak to the world until they were released in some European countries (before the official date I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom