• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Mariah has just dropped the video for Meteorite!!!! ;alkjdf;lkjdf;alkjf;lakjf;lkj

It stars a young thin girl ready to take on the apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-5QNS52C0

ibidC4NrLVH9vd.gif

My favorite part

tumblr_njur0mtGzk1tadgn7o1_r1_400.gif

Masterful to use that song with Grundy's latest video.

Andy Warhol said, “In the future, everybody will be famous”
No, he said, “Everybody will be world-famous for 15 minutes”
For 15 minutes…

Kii.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;152362364 said:
One Last Time is still a bigger bop than anything Mariah has ever done.
AkzEkN7.gif

I see that the lack of Rihanna can harm the soul but not like this sis T_T

Ariana only usable song is Problem... and even then I only use this parody.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Whew Lord! On top of all this delusion we now have to add memory loss to the mix:

Seek help, sis. :(

how is charli's effortless mastery of musical styles anything to do with her live singing? please seek help with your reading comprehension, thanks.

Mariah has just dropped the video for Meteorite!!!! ;alkjdf;lkjdf;alkjf;lakjf;lkj

It stars a young thin girl ready to take on the apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-5QNS52C0

ibidC4NrLVH9vd.gif
Well, that's just fucking rude. I go out of my way to not have to look at that trollop's video, and here you go.
Christina performance bring me back memories of the Madonna performance during the Grammys since even when I really enjoyed the music I felt that the everything else was rather boring to watch.

Also, a random question, would you think that some of your modern faves can put an enjoyable performance? Iike at the level of Madonna or Prince? I was watching some videos of them last week and damn, they had this energy that you cannot put your eyes away from them.

Perhaps Beyonce.. but I don't think right now she has the stage presence. But neither did Madonna until... like Blonde Ambition. Bey's got her visuals down pat. She's just got to figure out how to be engaging on stage. The Mrs. Carter Show, pre album drop was a bore. The On the Run tour had me hype only during Jays parts. I believe she'll get there though.

P and M are the last of a breed of entertainer we'll likely never see again. They came up in a day when you had to put in work to achieve something. Now you just gotta be somewhat pretty and have a fair to middling singing voice and they'll turn you into a spectacle over night. Whether you deserve it or not.

Such is life.

rhandino

Banned
Perhaps Beyonce.. but I don't think right now she has the stage presence. But neither did Madonna until... like Blonde Ambition. Bey's got her visuals down pat. She's just got to figure out how to be engaging on stage. The Mrs. Carter Show, pre album drop was a bore. The On the Run tour had me hype only during Jays parts. I believe she'll get there though.
Yeah, Beyonce is really hype live, her MTV performance was incredible (for me) and I think that she stands out even more in this day and age mostly because almost no one of the new girls (or boys) put the effort and ENERGY she puts on stage...

P and M are the last of a breed of entertainer we'll likely never see again. They came up in a day when you had to put in work to achieve something. Now you just gotta be somewhat pretty and have a fair to middling singing voice and they'll turn you into a spectacle over night. Whether you deserve it or not.

Such is life.
wmmPYXF.gif

Sadly, in some cases, that even extends to the music videos which makes me incredible salty since one the things that I enjoy are good music videos.

Sadly, in some cases, that even extends to the music videos which makes me incredible salty since one the things that I enjoy are good music videos.

Its funny how a good video can change your opinion on someone. I was never here for Janelle Monae's shucky-jivey foolishness. Then I saw the Q.U.E.E.N. video and did a 180. Now I can't stop listening to her.

It's a sickness.
ibcQnbOl7xFs1u.png

royalan

Its funny how a good video can change your opinion on someone. I was never here for Janelle Monae's shucky-jivey foolishness. Then I saw the Q.U.E.E.N. video and did a 180. Now I can't stop listening to her.

It's a sickness.
ibcQnbOl7xFs1u.png

All but TWO of these artists are people I listen to regularly. This is pretty much my playlist.

rhandino

Banned

It's a sickness.
ibcQnbOl7xFs1u.png
This flawless taste

aUslqGQ.gif

Let me bless my ears with The Electric Lady again...

And yes, a good or at least interesting music video helps a lot and can change the perception one has over a song or an artist... I only listened to "1000 Forms of Fear" after seeing the Elastic Heart video the other day
It was OK.

3phemeral

Okay, I've got to get something off my chest. I've gotten majorly tired of visiting Mariah videos on YouTube and someone making references to her live performances and having to compare her to Whitney all the freakin' time. The Mariah criticisms and overt Whitney praises never cease!
If you notice, though, it's always the same people making these comments among multiple videos. You just have to separate the haters from your personal enjoyment of it all. You have your reasons and they have theirs and as much as you want to engage in that battle of opinions; at the end of the day, what you enjoy is all that should matter.

I mean, as much as both Mariah and Whitney -- as technical vocalists -- were the best in their primes, arguing who is better is a futile exercise. Preference is largely subjective when you have two singers that are essentially perfect instruments. Though, I think Soul hit it on the head with his last comment about "Mariah being motivated to be more diverse," so much so that she refused to strike any record deal that did not grant her creative control over her own material.

Admittedly, I hated Bad Romance until I saw the music video. Then it all clicked.

Roisin Murphy - Gone Fishing

I love her but I'm going to need a little more life than this. Maybe it will grown on me.
ibkG8Ma3Z7V4GF.gif

I let the music keep running and I'm loving this low-key bop.

Róisín Murphy - In Sintesi (Psychemagik Remix)

wtqj8z

Getting ready to bop to "Maybe I Know" by Lesley Gore.

Such a shame that she died of cancer. She was one of my favorite singers! :-(

Rest in peace, Lesley

royalan

Charlie CSS is completely unnecessary here. This is a twerk anthem, and she sounds out of place, just as I figured she would.

Ty and Tinashe tho...

HQNh8Rt.gif

rhandino

Banned
In what world is that "twerking" music? That's the "I need re-evaluation of my life" music.
I will give it use when I enter the Xenoblade threads and start reading about how ugly the faces are or the FFXV threads and read about how downgraded it is... =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom