• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

I really don't think Unapologetic and Beyonce sound anything alike, "urban" pop music isn't exactly a niche sound.

need more excuses to use this gif
ibgRBC4V3vlpRp.gif

Mau ®

The Rhat is now clearly above doing normal pop. She's elevated herself from that and is now on another plane of musicality.

It sucks that y'all can't appRIHciate it.

igXJUloHmDYYa.gif

Floridian

You guys need to rihevaluate yourselves a little biT, and realize that Rih is updating herself and going beyond the plain generic pop music & urban dance songs that she's done a million times. She just can't win with some people. Apparently if it sounds the same as her last two albums = bad; or if it like sounds something that rih wouldn't normally perform = bad. You wanna listen to her old shit, buy her old albums. Prepare for the new era~

igXJUloHmDYYa.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
VCfzqlB.jpg

SCREAMING
lbr, having to migrate to the work bitch thread for three days during that delete was probably the largest promo she got that era

Yado

You guys need to rihevaluate yourselves a little biT, and realize that Rih is updating herself and going beyond the plain generic pop music & urban dance songs that she's done a million times. She just can't win with some people. Apparently if it sounds the same as her last two albums = bad; or if it like sounds something that rih wouldn't normally perform = bad. You wanna listen to her old shit, buy her old albums. Prepare for the new era~

Not all change is good change. I'm simply not willing to endorse her screeching over the strums of a guitar for the sake of Real Music™. It's possible to explore new sounds and still make good music, this is just not pleasing to the ear.

igXJUloHmDYYa.gif

Vitanimus

the rhat snippet sounds like shit. who would have thought the boats would be so quick to herald this new ERA after the AIDS that was 4+5 writers

Florence stays WINNING. The real ARTPOP.

tumblr_njvjgwIdhq1s64jz1o3_400.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
idgi either but florence >>>>>

rhandino

Banned
tbh I am more perched for the HOME songs than for R8 proper.

Will use both obviously but her singing in 45S and now this indeed bother me a tiny bit. I think that is a little too raw? screaching? It fit the songs at least but I don't know...

Then again I stan Shakira, kii

Mau ®;154774924 said:
I could do without Heauxm songs. I wasn't here for that Imagine Dragons rihject called "Towards The Sun".

I think you mean Moldplay rihject, siS.

Certainly less VILE than anything they've put out for the past decade. Get into it.

Mau ®

Rhat wishes she had another Coldplay rihject to her name. She's lucky Chris Martin has a huge crush on her tbh.

May she one day have an album as good as "Viva La Vida".

Hint: She wont.

Vitanimus

Mau ®;154776925 said:
Rhat wishes she had another Coldplay rihject to her name. She's lucky Chris Martin has a huge crush on her tbh.

May she one day have an album as good as "Viva La Vida".

Hint: She wont.

tumblr_njrjsatjyZ1se2y63o5_400.gif

Matt_

hear ye, hear ye
adele is coming
repent for your sins
write eulogies for faves
and clear a wide path

towncrier.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom