• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Wasn't Blurred Lines released in 2013 scalping all our faves combined with misogynist visuals and disgusting subtext?

c3einj3.gif

rhandino

Banned
And 2014 was the year that saw the birth of the hit called "All About that Bass" giving an anthem to people with health problems.

c3einj3.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Blurred Lines never happened, sis
ibZFBOJWC2nqg.gif

It was all a bad, misogynistic dream
ibZFBOJWC2nqg.gif

ugh a truly bleak time in music history. It broke Mariah's record for biggest radio audience that she held with We Belong Together. Mess. It also ALMOST tied Mariah's longest running number one single record but I think Perry knocked him off the top spot a couple of weeks short thankfully.

d5929a74cf.gif

Floridian

That album sucked. Self-indulgent, meandering pop non-compositions that would have been decent if cut half their length. I'll stick to FutureSex/LoveSounds, thanks.

As a whole? part 1 was dope, part 2 was meh. It didn't feel like it dragged on, but i agrih that futuresex/lovesounds is better~

rude

Banned
How is blurred lines misogynistic? Do you guys even know what a blurred line is? I guess the video could have the girls do something other than stand around and look pretty.

rhandino

Banned
Yeah, what a messy period.

Didn't Robin something's wife divorce him that same year and then he evolved from rapist to stalker rapist?
The name of the tracks of "Paula" are something else.
1. "You're My Fantasy"
2. "Get Her Back"
3. "Still Madly Crazy"
4. "Lock the Door"
5. "Whatever I Want"
6. "Living in New York City"
7. "Love Can Grow Back"
8. "Black Tar Cloud"
9. "Too Little Too Late"
10. "Tippy Toes"
11. "Something Bad"
12. "The Opposite of Me"
13. "Time of Your Life"
14. "Forever Love"
FBr14do.gif

Get into Kelly's cute new album if not with your coins then on Spotify. It's worth a stream or two.
kelly-album-hide-1.gif
YAAAAAAAS! Piece by Piece has been dominating my time this days.

Floridian

R8 could be a beautiful mess tbh. All the songs sound so different from each other, but I haven't disliked a single one yet. Slay though

How is blurred lines misogynistic? Do you guys even know what a blurred line is? I guess the video could have the girls do something other than stand around and look pretty.

Yes, the date rape controversy over it was pretty dumb. I've heard the song plenty and I'm not hearing where it endorses date rape. The video surely gave gasoline to the fire tho. Mess.

Normally I get the ~Tumblr chic~ approach to finding detrimental -isms in a lot of media. But I don't hear it for Blurred Lines. "I know you want it" within the context of the song is clearly referring to consensual sex.

Floridian

The first R8 snippet is still the best, including 45S

This is the Rihanna bop that we deserve, but not the bop that we need right now.

Nah, Part 1 contains 0 skippable tracks. There's at least 2 on Future Sex/Love Sounds

Tunnel Vision, Blue Ocean Floor, Spaceship Coupe >>> FS/LS
I kind of wish he didn't make part 2 because the only song I use from it is "Take back the night". It drags it down a bit. How I would rank his albums:

FS/LS > 20/20 part 1 > Justified >> 20/20 part 2

Phreaker

Get into Kelly's cute new album if not with your coins then on Spotify. It's worth a stream or two.

kelly-album-hide-1.gif

Let them know!

1. Headbeat Song - it's okay
2. Invincible - love it
3. Someone - a little too sappy for me, I often skip tbh
4. Take You High - I love it, lifts me up, the chorus is everything
5. Piece By Piece - Because Of You Pt 2, fantastic song ;_; hopefully a huge hit for her
6. Run Run Run - I really like this and John Legend sounds great on it
7. I Had a Dream - I go back and forth on how I feel about this song. I like the beat, but the "I had a dream" thing, really?
8. Let Your Tears Fall - it's okay, I like the chorus. When she sings "baby" it reminds me of Sia.
9. Tightrope - it's okay
10. War Paint - love it, not sure I understand it though. Her phrasing on the bridge is interesting
11. Dance With Me - I enjoy this, but it is giving me Neil Diamond teas every time I hear it. Like I can hear him singing it.
12. Nostalgic - love love this song!!
13. Good Goes the Bye - meh

Piece by piece I fell far from the tree I will never leave her like you left me
And she will never have to wonder her worth because unlike you I'm gonna put her first
And you know he'll never walk away
He'll never break her heart
He'll take care of things
He'll love her and piece by piece he'll restore my faith
That a man can be kind and a father should be great

yes_and_tears.gif

Floridian

American Oxygen is R8's second single. Can't wait to hear the full version

Rihanna’s upcoming single “American Oxygen” provides the musical backdrop for NCAA March Madness on TBS, CBS, TNT & truTV.

rude

Banned
NOOOOOO Mariah just posted this to her instagram
ahh.gif

https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10990586_1463818803903975_29280038_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
{ c h o k i n g }

Someone needs to link ha to my glitter appreciation post

rude

Banned
Speaking of Oprah, get into the forever iconic 2002 Britney interview. Before she was regularly [ m e d i c a t e d ].

And the Whitney/Mariah interview during which Oprah flagrantly ignored Mariah for the majority of its duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom