• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

10598285_473763236104986_482948670_n.jpg

52b0f867.gif

Floridian

For the Madonna stans in here, be sure to check out Yeezy's new album and Drake's future album.

Madonna, the OG queen of this pop shit, is dropping her 13th album, Rebel Heart, March 10, and though this latest release has been plagued by leaks and some promo backlash, the thirst for new Madonna is still strong. We already knew that the album's production credits featured Kanye West, who worked with Madonna on a handful of Rebel Heart songs, including "Illuminati." But last night in New York, in a conversation with Complex's Sean Evans, she revealed that the collaboration with West extended beyond Rebel Heart and that the two also wrote a song together that will appear on West's new album, So Help Me God.
In addition to a new song with West, Madonna also hinted that she and Drake's mutual Instagram appreciation has led to a real-life collaboration. "We're gonna work together," she said. "Yeah, baby, it's in the pipeline."
madonna-sip.gif

Vazduh

Ugh, all of those were horrible. Especially the Backstreet Boys ripoff, even if authentic sounding.

I know. In a way, I'm looking forward to hearing the new Gaga + RedOne tunes, but at the same time, there's a chance of those songs being already outdated simply because he got stuck doing the same sound over and over again.

Let's hope he updated his sound at least a bit.

3phemeral

I know. In a way, I'm looking forward to hearing the new Gaga + RedOne tunes, but at the same time, there's a chance of those songs being already outdated simply because he got stuck doing the same sound over and over again.

Let's hope he updated his sound at least a bit.

The gotta give Gaga credit for being able to turn what could have been mediocre into what she's made with him. Just no half-ass efforts like Judas (though, I know some of you stan for Judas hard). I still do like DJ White Shadows stuff on BTW too, though.

Yes it is.
A Rhat lead single with a #4 peak and less than 100M views after WEEKS is a flop.
At least it's Platinum.

People's standards are way too high. No person can keep a track record like that up forever. There are always going to be little dips here and there. Give her credit for taking an artistic risk with this one instead of just making singles based on what the trends are. Plus this is an acoustic song with Paul McCartney. The visual isn't really that imperative this time, so who cares about the views.

Also, 45Seconds is excellent. But I guess that's a non-factor for Rihanna stanS

cory64

People's standards are way too high. No person can keep a track record like that up forever. There are always going to be little dips here and there. Give her credit for taking an artistic risk with this one instead of just making singles based on what the trends are.

Also, 45Seconds is excellent. But I guess that's a non-factor for Rihanna stanS
True, it's not like it's flopping like Through The Rain or Not Myself Tonight or Your Body.

Mau ®

FourFiveSeconds is on Applause levels in terms of commercial performance so far. People probably expected better but it's not really draggable. It's decent enough.

Anyway my fave snippet is "Higher". Then "Bajan Oxygen" and "A Night". I'm not here for "Promised". Hope it was axed from the alberm. No one wants a Pour It Up 2.0

Floridian

Mau ®;154906096 said:
FourFiveSeconds is on Applause levels in terms of commercial performance so far. People probably expected better but it's not really draggable. It's decent enough.

Anyway my fave snippet is "Higher". Then "Bajan Oxygen" and "A Night". I'm not here for "Promised". Hope it was axed from the alberm. No one wants a Pour It Up 2.0

The people who wants a pour it up 2.0 the most are the ones that are complaining that r8 will have no bops & that rih fails at doing the "real music" thing because of her "screechy" vocals. That said, i'm here for at least one urban/ratchet song on the album.

Mau ®;154906096 said:

Idk about you but I heard Applause a hell of a lot more than I've heard 45S. Commercials, on the radio, in clubs...
I haven't heard 45S anywhere but the internet.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If 45s can't got #1 I doubt she'll get one this era
Other than Rated R and her debut, all of her lead singles have hit #1 and then performance usually drops from there
tbh good, maybe she'll go back to making decent shit and not this drivel

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i doubt it's going to be a flop, just not where she should be
its not like her album sales can drop much more anyway

Vazduh

The gotta give Gaga credit for being able to turn what could have been mediocre into what she's made with him. Just no half-ass efforts like Judas (though, I know some of you stan for Judas hard). I still do like DJ White Shadows stuff on BTW too, though.

They are a great combo indeed and RedOne arguably hasn't reached those heights with any other artist (I'm not counting J. Lo's Oh The Horror).

Let's just hope both bring their A-game for her upcoming album :)
Btw, I'm no fan of "Judas" either because it's a lesser "Bad Romance" rehash IMHO.

Yado

My best friend really likes the Rihanna snippets. Just when I thought he couldn't sink any lower than 1989.

I don't know if our friendship can survive this.
i9k0s0LiGy3bM.gif

What an iconic time. I remember streaming leaked audio of Judas, watching the Mugler show for the rihmixes of Government Hooker and Scheiße.

She had it all then ARTPOP happened.

iUl9EcvtsJ4Y8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Really? I honestly can't hear it :/

this is probably why you're a gaga stan, clear hearing problems

they both start with a sung intro with a kind of wooah-ohh-ohhh thing
they both have a chanty section immediately afterwards with 'gaga' in it
their verses are both kind of chanty, shouting bits
they both have thumpy drum lines and that kind of swoopy sci-fi synth sound in
the choruses of both are sung after the chanty thumpy verses

it's pretty much an evolution of the same sound

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
judas still shits on like the whole of ARTPOP with maybe the exception of the title track

[edit] i'm relistening to it now, lawd, an iconic bop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom