• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh apparently the leaker has four more songs from Azealia and

dubious tbh because that list is everything
unreleased Lana Del Rey and Natalia Kills
075ee6d1.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
You guys are always rating Gags and Rhoach albums, but atm I'm really interested in Britney.

Can you guys give me your Britney album rankings?
kiss.gif

Touchdown

Banned
You guys are always rating Gags and Rhoach albums, but atm I'm really interested in Britney.

Can you guy give me your Britney album rankings?
kiss.gif

Brit was always a big fan of Mariah. Don't forget to PM your vote for Mariah to Soulscribe by 8:00pm tonight sis.
kiss.gif

Cynosure

Ultravoilence is a thoroughly shit album
not one usable song

Lunesta will go out as quietly as she slayed with BTW and never to be heard of again.
good riddance tumblr meme

Vazduh

Can you guys give me your Britney album rankings?
kiss.gif

This is how I'd rank the albums, but I'd definitely have to listen through her discography again since I haven't listened to ITZ and Circus in years.

In The Zone > Blackout > Phlegm Fatale > Circus > Oops > Baby One More Time > Britney's Jeans

edit: oop at me forgetting Britney. It's ranked somewhere in the middle, I guess.

royalan

The gall to say this when Florida Kilos exists. You look so silly right now.

TTT is Rih's best so yeah. Loud is honestly abysmal.

Sis, Florida Kilos is album filler caliber at best. And it sounds like a Paradise Edition reject.

I love Lana, but the good sis Cyno spilled the true tea: Ultraviolence is a weak album, and her career is likely dead because of it. :'(

rude

Banned
[ d i e s ] honestly i don't know what to say if you can't appreciate ULTRAVIOLENCE's production quality, let alone Florida Kilos' truly heart wrenching social commentary on the prison system and drug use in the United States...ULTRAVIOLENCE itself is a herculean effort in the search for American self-worth in the 21st century.

I'll pray for y'all if you can't see it. I really will.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I want Lana to try some big collabs. The one I keep envisioning is a Kanye feat. Lana. :,(

In The Zone > Blackout > Britney > Circus > Oops > BJ > Femme Fetal > Baby one more time

This is how I'd rank the albums, but I'd definitely have to listen through her discography again since I haven't listened to ITZ and Circus in years.

In The Zone > Blackout > Phlegm Fatale > Circus > Oops > Baby One More Time > Britney's Jeans

Interesting.

I've mostly only listened to her singles, and I'm trying to go through her albums. In The Zone and Blackout have become my faves too.

rude

Banned
Stan for Blackout, pop album of the century. What other album smashes with [e v e r y] single song? Britknee, the legendK.

Sis, Florida Kilos is album filler caliber at best. And it sounds like a Paradise Edition reject.

I love Lana, but the good sis Cyno spilled the true tea: Ultraviolence is a weak album, and her career is likely dead because of it. :'(
On June 18, 2014, Billboard estimated that Ultraviolence would sell approximately 175-180,000 copies during the first week of its release in the United States (U.S.).[58] The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, with sales of 182,000, making it Del Rey's first number-one album in the U.S. and responsible for a career-best sales week.[42] After two weeks, Ultraviolence sold over 220,000 copies in the U.S.[59]

Overall, Ultraviolence debuted at number one in twelve countries, including the United Kingdom (U.K.), making it her second, consecutive number-one album following Born to Die (2012). The album sold 880,000 copies worldwide in the first week of release.[60] Ultraviolence was certified with a gold status in Canada on June 25, 2014.[61] As of July 2014, Ultraviolence sold more than one million copies worldwide.[62] On August 8, the album was certified gold in the U.K.[63] Also in August, Ultraviolence was certified gold in Australia.[64]

Aguila

#ICONIC
Definitely! Lana's drained voice signifies her balancing act between being the strong, autonomous provocateur she wants to be with her incessant yearning to be completely dominated. I'm glad you pointed that out!

Clearly these heathens did not even bother to discover the poignant subtexts of ULTRAVIOLENCÉ
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
On June 18, 2014, Billboard estimated that Ultraviolence would sell approximately 175-180,000 copies during the first week of its release in the United States (U.S.).[58] The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, with sales of 182,000, making it Del Rey's first number-one album in the U.S. and responsible for a career-best sales week.[42] After two weeks, Ultraviolence sold over 220,000 copies in the U.S.[59]

Overall, Ultraviolence debuted at number one in twelve countries, including the United Kingdom (U.K.), making it her second, consecutive number-one album following Born to Die (2012). The album sold 880,000 copies worldwide in the first week of release.[60] Ultraviolence was certified with a gold status in Canada on June 25, 2014.[61] As of July 2014, Ultraviolence sold more than one million copies worldwide.[62] On August 8, the album was certified gold in the U.K.[63] Also in August, Ultraviolence was certified gold in Australia.[64]
Mhm. And some of these girls are too affected by "It Keeps Getting Better," Xtincta's lie.

royalan

Those dollar store receipts supposed to prove something?

I really do wish my buddy Bluebadger would return to the thread as well, I miss him :(

Awww Alex <333 I miss you too, bb :) :). I'm really sorry I haven't been on GAF that much :(. I'm actually getting my tonsils out in a week and I've been too busy freaking myself out about that to really do much else :(.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

And where has the album or Lana been in pop culture? It sank without a traceT. The people I knew who were excited for it gave up after the second third listen and agree that is largely boring rubbish.

The other night Money Power Glory came on my friend's playlist and he skipped it and then went on an unprompted rant about Sad Girl, what a shockingly crap song it is. I could only nod in agreement.

And where has the album or Lana been in pop culture? It sank without a traceT. The people I knew who were excited for it gave up after the second third listen and agree that is largely boring rubbish.

The other night Money Power Glory came on my friend's playlist and he skipped it and then went on an unprompted rant about Sad Girl, what a shockingly crap song it is. I could only nod in agreement.
Well yesterday Brooklyn Baby came on my playlist and I put it on repeat so

SaintZ

And where has the album or Lana been in pop culture? It sank without a traceT.
She hasn't promoted the album at all outside of print media and I guess her concerts (although she only sings like 3 new songs :rip:). That's why people say she has disappeared.

Y'all do too much on Ultraviolence. I still listen the album everyday.

The only songs competing with Lolita for her worst ever is Guns And Roses (or maybe Sad Girl).

Where is Ultraviolence though? Has anyone actually talked about it after it had released? I remember Lana was the hot topic in music when BTD came out but it's like she left without a chase on some "Where is Carmen Sandiego" stuff. Is it in any top albums for 2014 lists?

royalan

you said her career was dead because of ultraviolence, you might not like the album but come the fuck on lol

All your receipts prove is that Lana had a lot of people initially checking for Ultrafloppiness. Which, duh, BTD/PE was flawless.

But the tepid reception SINCE and Lana's belly flop out of relevancy paints the more accurate picture: Lana murdered her career with that album.

Um we're talking about it right now sis...It's got quite a few girls in here pressedTk if you hadn't already noticed.

So basically 5 people in the world right now?

Lol, I'm not trying to shade but seriously... It was kind of super hyped in the indie world and it's just gone like that. BTD had such longevity that it was always being talked about in every platform... Ultraviolence is like.... Flatline. It feels like no one really cares about it anymore. I'm used to her no promo thing but even without that, the word of mouth is lacking. This is not like Lana tbh...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Flash-in Del Pan and Gaga have both demonstrated aptly that while 'conceptual' artists in pop music is cute, it won't get you very far when the bops dry up.

All your receipts prove is that Lana had a lot of people initially checking for Ultrafloppiness. Which, duh, BTD/PE was flawless.

But the tepid reception SINCE and Lana's belly flop out of relevancy paints the more accurate picture: Lana murdered her career with that album.
Multi-platinum selling artist Lana Del Rey has confirmed two special shows at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on October 17 and 18 for her new album, 'ULTRAVIOLENCE' (Interscope/Polydor UK). Tickets go on fan pre-sale September 24 at 7pm PT, followed by public on-sale September 27 at 12pm PT (links below).

Lana played Atlanta’s Music Midtown Festival this weekend, with the Huntsville Times calling it a "great" performance. Other upcoming concerts include the Austin City Limits Festival and three shows in Mexico next month. Go here for the schedule: http://lanadelrey.com/live/

Lana has had an incredible year with the release of 'ULTRAVIOLENCE,' which debuted at #1 in 15 countries, including the U.S. and U.K., and earned her cover stories in Rolling Stone, The New York Times, Complex, and The Fader, among others. 'ULTRAVIOLENCE' has now sold over 1 million copies worldwide and has been named one of the best albums of 2014 by Rolling Stone, Complex, Stereogum, and more. The New York Times praised the album’s "retro sophistication," adding it "moves gracefully between heartache and sly humor," and Entertainment Weekly gave it a perfect A grade, saying it "unleashes [her] full potential."

Lana's first North American tour earlier this year was completely sold-out, with promoters from Montreal to Phoenix saying she set new sales records at their venues. Lana's previous album 'Born To Die' was recently certified PLATINUM by the RIAA and has sold over 3 million copies worldwide.

rude

Banned
So basically 5 people in the world right now?

Lol, I'm not trying to shade but seriously... It was kind of super hyped in the indie world and it's just gone like that. BTD had such longevity that it was always being talked about in every platform... Ultraviolence is like.... Flatline. It feels like no one really cares about it anymore. I'm used to her no promo thing but even without that, the word of mouth is lacking. This is not like Lana tbh...
Who do you expect to be talking about this album? Search the Lana tag on Twitter. People talk about it every day. What are you even trying to prove?

Ultraviolence is much better than BTD. With songs like West Coast, Shades of Cool, and Brooklyn Baby, along with the more focus, refined sound, there's just no arguing it.

Who do you expect to be talking about this album? Search the Lana tag on Twitter. People talk about it every day. What are you even trying to prove?

I'm on twitter everyday and it's never trending. Billboard hasn't talked about it much. SoundCloud neither hypem is blowing out the water with Ultraviolence remixes. I didn't find out about Lana until her music was just busting out the seams everywhere. Commercials, clothing, Apple, like she had such a cultural impact and I see barely anything now.

Your making it seem like I'm saying she is flopping or something. Ultraviolence is literally not being talked about.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ultraviolence is much better than BTD. With songs like West Coast, Shades of Cool, and Brooklyn Baby, along with the more focus, refined sound, there's just no arguing it.

if you boil off padding on BTD (and lordt knows there's a lot of it), you're left with a decent album of genuine bops

if you boil off padding on ULTRAVIOLENCE you're left with West Coast and a handful of snippets of songs that just drag on and on when you hear them in full

Aguila

#ICONIC
Flash-in Del Pan and Gaga have both demonstrated aptly that while 'conceptual' artists in pop music is cute, it won't get you very far when the bops dry up.

Lana has never even cared about trying to get popular. If she were desperate enough, she probably would have collabed with Zedd by now.

Her impact is clear tho:

She was the lead artist for two major movie soundtracks (specifically picked out by Baz Luhrmann and Saint Angelina Jolie)

And she has the respect of established music acts like Kanye, Taylor, and The Black Keys and is probably influencing up-and-coming artists like Grimes, Azealia, and Marina.

royalan

if you boil off padding on BTD (and lordt knows there's a lot of it), you're left with a decent album of genuine bops

if you boil off padding on ULTRAVIOLENCE you're left with West Coast and a handful of snippets of songs that just drag on and on when you hear them in full

Now you KNOW an album is rubbish when GODEL is ignoring the metacritic score.

Mau ®

I mean, even Lana knows Ultraviolence is not up to par, hence why she hardly plays any of it's songs on her shows.

Thank The Lord tbh. I'm paying for BTD Lana, not the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom