• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;131313032 said:
But Bey IS gonna eviscerate Rih 💀

Of course
Although out of all the people left (Jessie Ware, Katy Perry, Rih, Madonna, Charli and Kelly Clarkson) really the only person that can take her out is Madge.

How do the next rounds work? Will the losers from the next round winners go down into the losers bracket again?

Of course
Although out of all the people left (Jessie Ware, Katy Perry, Rih, Madonna, Charli and Kelly Clarkson) really the only person that can take her out is Madge.

How do the next rounds work? Will the losers from the next round winners go down into the losers bracket again?

Yes, everyone who loses from the main bracket ends up in the losers' bracket; the further down the tourney that people lose out, the closer to the finals they land on the losers bracket. Basically if someone loses the sem-finals on the winners bracket then they'll be competing in the semifinals in the losers one.

Though to jump start the losers bracket I'll probably have everyone vote between 3 or 4 entrants at a time, at least in the beginning.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I think I was overly harsh on Kiss Me Once. After Queen Kylie's flawless string of albums, I don't think KMO is as good as the 5 that preceded it, but I may need to give it another chance. She is one of the pillars of pop, and of course the one round I totally missed is the one where she lost :*(

Speaking of giving albums another chance.....sadly listening to it again this morning after taking a break, ARTPOP has aged like milk I have to say. Love Gaga but.... I pretty much only use Venus and Mary Jane Holland now...... I REALLY hope that Artpop Vol 2 is just vapor at this point and she moves onto something totally new and drops the ART nonsense.

Mau ®

Now that I think about it, if Rih goes against Bey I can count on Roy going all out with an agressive campaing.

I'm already perched,

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
sis robyn beat aphrodylie, she doesn't stand a chance against bey

I meant against Mariah sis
Kylie and Robyn have a lot of overlap and if grimes can nearly clock Mariah I don't see why someone with an actual career can't

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kiss Me Once isn't as polished as Aphrodite but I think I'd put it on a level with X. The Abbey Road sessions is cute. I don't really use Body Language much, only Slow and Red Blooded Woman. Obviously Fever and Light Years are a cute above.

I meant against Mariah sis
Kylie and Robyn have a lot of overlap and if grimes can nearly clock Mariah I don't see why someone with an actual career can't

you mean like beyonce?

Mumei

Mau ®;131314325 said:
Now that I think about it, if Rih goes against Bey I can count on Roy going all out with an agressive campaing.

I'm already perched,

I can't wait for his next topic about her!

Matt_

Oh I'm off to go see kate bush
Wish me luck with the true art pop queen

Matt_

Kiss Me Once isn't as polished as Aphrodite but I think I'd put it on a level with X. The Abbey Road sessions is cute. I don't really use Body Language much, only Slow and Red Blooded Woman. Obviously Fever and Light Years are a cute above.

you mean like beyonce?

But sis like I said Beyoncé has haters working against ha, hew would lobby so hard against kylie?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I've missed you too mister!! :)

BTW get ready Mr. Badger! I found out that the Smash demo is available to the GP now! :D Gives me a month-ish to practice and sharpen my skills hehe (Kirby's my main but... Ike is lookin' good) ;)

picgifs-super-smash-bros-brawl-2131558.gif

Bey against Rih will be a Hot or Not competition. Straight Gaf will just vote for Rih for that reason because according to them, both make shit music and Bey just has haters.

The substance behind her hate literally has nothing to do with her musical talents or achievements lol.

I'm still not voting though lol.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;131316083 said:
Kiss Me Once is kinda like "X", yeah.

A very, very lesser X.

X has some duffers on it though. And I don't think anything on X is as good as Into the Blue.

But sis like I said Beyoncé has haters working against ha, hew would lobby so hard against kylie?

I think the question you need to be asking isn't who wouldn't lobby against Kylie but who would lobby for her.

X, imo is way better than Kiss Me once. I personally have more bops on X versus Kiss. Kylie can win something, but this contest is a legit accurate display of her ever lasting under appeal in the world tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i will say that if it turns out that there's been no jockeying for votes for mariah i will never stop screaming

and actually i think that's very possible

Mau ®

nnnn

The reason for ha ban is "Alternate accounts for the porpuse of ban evasion are not allowed".

dddd... who snitched on the good sis?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I really like Kanye and my friends who are unfortunate enough to be Real Music Lovers tell me that he's trash compared with Kendrick but every time I try and listen to Good Kid... I get bored almost immediately.

I knew Kendrick was aiming for a pop hit with the new song but I didn't expect it to be THIS pop. I thought it would be more like Swimming Pools or Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe

not sure if i like it

ibhSK22e3U8u8I.png

The closest fight so far in the OT-X tourney has not ended yet. The placing has SWITCHED as of this morning; the diva formerly in the lead is now lagging by a few votes. If you haven't voted yet, your voice is critical now! Help send either Sasha Fierce or The Elusive Chanteuse to the next round to compete against Britney, Gaga, Bjork and Robyn!

Beyonce is the most nominated artist on our tournament board, but Mariah's had heavy support outside of the POPGAF reins. It all comes down to the number of votes, and so far both Bey and Mariah are the highest-voted entrants so far in the competition. Make your voices heard sistren!

#VoteBey #Hewriah #FuckinEndThisThing

Please PopGaf, after sending Kylie Minogue to the gallows you can still redeem yourself. Vote Mariah Carey. One vote for Mariah is one vote for freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom