• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm voting for Mooriah. Beyonce is just...I dunno. I mean, she's clearly not as talented, and she's not even as pretty. I can say with a straight face that she doesn't do anything for me. She's not ugly just incredibly boring. Not just physically but everything about her is safe. She's been around way too long wasting her potential talent on the same dull pop shit she's been doing since forever. She can have a nice voice at times, but isn't anywhere near what it's hyped to be, always sounding good but not mind blowing, and never unique.

I don't know how anyone can listen to Jennifer Holliday, Minnie Riperton, Aretha Franklin, etc. and feel compelled by Beyonce at all. She's treated like a legend but just does not have that stuff. She has to make up for it with stupid Britney dance shit.

Touchdown

Banned
I'm voting for Mooriah. Beyonce is just...I dunno. I mean, she's clearly not as talented, and she's not even as pretty. I can say with a straight face that she doesn't do anything for me. She's not ugly just incredibly boring. Not just physically but everything about her is safe. She's been around way too long wasting her potential talent on the same dull pop shit she's been doing since forever. She can have a nice voice at times, but isn't anywhere near what it's hyped to be, always sounding good but not mind blowing, and never unique.

I don't know how anyone can listen to Jennifer Holliday, Minnie Riperton, Aretha Franklin, etc. and feel compelled by Beyonce at all. She's treated like a legend but just does not have that stuff. She has to make up for it with stupid Britney dance shit.

tumblr_mz3er98mBN1qzwh14o1_250.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the fact that there are still people out there who don't think BEYONCÉ was an artistic watershed

just baffling

rude

Banned

IAWTC except I think Beyoncé is very pretty; as beautiful as Mariah.

the fact that there are still people out there who don't think BEYONCÉ was an artistic watershed

just baffling
BEYONCÉ is the highlight of her discography but let's keep in mind...the rest of her discography. The vast majority of it just really sucks; even more so when compared with Godriah's [i n n u m e r a b l e] antherms.

I can listen to 90's Mariah every day of my life more than I can listen to Beyoncé. But I like what Beyoncé is about and respect the music she creates and the messages she sends to woman like me.

Mariah Discography > Beyonce's

And that's a fact. I grew up more with Mariah tbh..... But.....

.... Beyonce has such a greatness about her. Like she's never bothered, she never has anything to say about anyone in a disgusting manner, she doesn't shade people when they talk about her dirty and doesn't buckle under criticism while fighting to defend her position. She's just, Ugh, everything I wish people were these days. Unfazed, unbothered, doing their own stuff, staying private about their life, not letting the media get to their every move, etc.

I guess some may find that boring, try hard, calculated, and whatnot but I respect that. Despite all of the rumors and all the stuff constantly being said about her, she remains unbothered. She could really care less. Family first, everything else later.
Except daddy
#Queen

Mumei

I can listen to 90's Mariah every day of my life more than I can listen to Beyoncé. But I like what Beyoncé is about and respect the music she creates and the messages she sends to woman like me.

Mariah Discography > Beyonce's

And that's a fact. I grew up more with Mariah tbh..... But.....

.... Beyonce has such a greatness about her. Like she's never bothered, she never has anything to say about anyone in a disgusting manner, she doesn't shade people when they talk about her dirty and doesn't buckle under criticism while fighting to defend her position. She's just, Ugh, everything I wish people were these days. Unfazed, unbothered, doing their own stuff, staying private about their life, not letting the media get to their every move, etc.

I guess some may find that boring, try hard, calculated, and whatnot but I respect that. Despite all of the rumors and all the stuff constantly being said about her, she remains unbothered. She could really care less. Family first, everything else later.
Except daddy
#Queen

You couldn't craft a post more perfectly designed to bait roy if you tried. I love it.

rude

Banned
People find Beyoncés MUSIC boring. Nobody cares about her life or her being ~unfazed~ etc. Who cares about her being private and not throwing shade/spilling tea? 4 is the aural manifestation of NyQuil [P M].

Because there's more to being a music artist than just a name. She is human regardless. Some people hate her general being and that has nothing to do with her music - but ironically use that to shade her music, period.

Some of her human characteristics speak to some that rolls over into her music. For me, her music has always come first and I hated her as a person, until I realized I had no idea what I was hating.

4 was good imo, not as good as B'Day but waaaaay better than I Am Sasha Shit.

You couldn't craft a post more perfectly designed to bait roy if you tried. I love it.

I made it just for him :* lol.

But really and truly, I just respect her hard work and dedication to music by doing her best to keep things that are going to be ancient in the next 10 years, alive.

Esch

Banned
I was gonna vote for Mariah (queen) but roy's OT struggle campaign against the carters and their child is making me put the ballot in a different box tbh

I also enjoyed the HBO special.

I absolutely cannot at you Roysus. I wanna give Mariah the win just for that. Kiii

Here's the distribution so far:

ihsMkLSEaf8nI.png

It stands to say that we've already matched the number of votes for most other battles and we're not even a day in. Keep the votes coming! It's still way too close to call so Mariah's not out of the running just yet. :)

And thanks to those that have participated already, much appreciated as always. <3

Zutroy

Isn't this battle wrong?

Why is a round one victor battling again in round one when there's others that still haven't been yet?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Soulsis can you explain why two people had to be in the voting twice?
Someone said something about seeing a visual that made sense, got a link to it or something?
A great injustice has been done towards Kylie.

Touchdown

Banned
Mess @ Mariah having to go twice in round one. Most of the people that voted for Bey are just receipt stans or Mariah haters. Let me keep working though.

iye26gyV2xpfK.gif

Mess @ Mariah having to go twice in round one. Most of the people that voted for Bey are just receipt stans or Mariah haters. Let me keep working though.

iye26gyV2xpfK.gif

but didnt you post that image to put the point across that mariah has more receipts than beyonce

so if we were receipt stans, wouldnt we vote for mariah

iye26gyV2xpfK.gif

But weight sis.... Roy made a whole thread to put down Beyoncé. I don't think she is not being voted for. I'm sure the 64% is Mariah.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

iye26gyV2xpfK.gif

kylie had to go twice in one round even though in her first battle she actually got a convincing win against her rival instead of just scraping a narrow victory in the 11th hour because her supporters ran crying

Vazduh

But weight sis.... Roy made a whole thread to put down Beyoncé.

After reading that thread, I'm even more convinced that king roy is a closet Beyst stan. I mean, you just can't be that dedicated to hating someone without at least admiring them a little bit. Feel free to convince me otherwise
i4cvBQL.gif

btw, where did You Know Nothing go?

Zutroy

Yeah I'm certain it's messed up.

Assuming it's a knockout tournament, it should have started with 16 to stop any 'remainders'.

I discussed this a little a few pages back, but in case you're wondering why the 18 bracket tournament is designed the way it is, here's why:

As you can tell above, the tournament is set up so that there are two preliminary matches in order to round off the other matches and make it all more synchronous. The reason for this is obviously the number 18. So because of that we had a Kylie vs Ellie, Mariah vs Grimes preliminary round (those four names were chosen at random). So why didn't I settle for 16 or something higher like 20 or 22?

I felt that 16 was too little a number because there were too many people tied for the last few spots on the nominations board. Like literally there were like 6 people tied up from spots 12 to 18, so to make it a 16 entrant tournament I would have had to do a 6-person tie breaker, with you guys having to choose 4 out of the 6 to continue. Basically, it would have gotten messy and the tournament would have ended sooner anyway since we were two down. So 16 was out of the question for me.

As for 20, that makes the board even more complicated:

It's basically the 18-bracket one but with another two matches in the preliminary round. No point in that. The only number that would have had a simple layout other than 16 is 24, and that to me was way too high, especially since we were doing the losers bracket as well. So basically, 18 was good for me. Not too few, not too many, just a little cray thrown in. Plus, it was a good cut-off point for the nominations. Plus, I liked the idea of four people getting fucked a little in the start for no reason. Adds some risk to it. It's too bad that those were the four that had to be fucked over so far but hey that's how it is. It could have been Gaga, Bey, Rih and Brit in those spots and I would have still been unphased. Just enjoy the madness tbh. ;)

EDIT: Also, a kii at Royalan for going out of his way to make a thread about this match yet he couldn't even bother to vote. Touchdown sis, gather them :p

SaintZ

Charli posted this on FB
Guys, I’m moving the release of Sucker back to December 16th in the US and January 26th in the UK & Europe. ‘Boom Clap’ is still getting so much love all over the world, which is crazy, and it just makes sense, so I have proper time to focus on the album launch. The support I’ve received this year has been mind-blowing. As you know, I’ll also be supporting Katy Perry on her European arena tour in February! I totally can’t wait to see you all, Angels. I promise it’ll be worth the wait
ibyult3nmvhs672sl8.gif

Touchdown

Banned
kylie had to go twice in one round even though in her first battle she actually got a convincing win against her rival instead of just scraping a narrow victory in the 11th hour because her supporters ran crying

nnnnn Says the person that's been crying all week over Grimes. You must not have read the quote from Soul that talked about Gaf-Hop voting more for Grimes. If we left it to just POPGAF Mariah's win would have been even more dominant.

ibxk5SpAauShUc.gif

but didnt you post that image to put the point across that mariah has more receipts than beyonce

so if we were receipt stans, wouldnt we vote for mariah

I meant "current" receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom