• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
8f70c6ea.gif

:,(

Maybe I should have mentioned Lorde. Lorde's career would not exist without Lana tbh since Lana was a direct influence for her smash hit (and probably its video).

And then there's Bruno Mars, fun, Eminem, and Natalia Kills who snatched Lana's producer.

So, yes, Lana is undoubtedly this decade's alternative/indie queen
redface_zpsfd99364e.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Lana is a fan of Mariah so let me stan ha for a day or two. I forgot about that song where she sings :

"You can be my Tommy Mottola and I can be Mariah,
Tiger, scream a little higher, I can get you high on love and desire"

Obviously this line is demeaning because she's saying she want's to be controlled (to the point of possible abuse if you know the story between Tommy and Mariah) but it was a somewhat cute mention none the less. So +1

ibhSK22e3U8u8I.png

The gap is closing! Only one vote separates Beyonce and Mariah's tallies. This is WAY too close to call so the next voting day is critical.

Also thank you all for breaking the voting record with this match, we've officially beaten the previous highest-voted match (Lady Gaga vs Lana Del Rey). If you haven't voted yet, please make sure you do!

And not be partial or anything, but #voteBey plz. xoxo

Yado

‘Cause I’m born to dance in the moonlight
I feel like spending my nights alone
I try to give you a little more space to grow
White lies, I don’t wanna be around anymore
I’m through giving, I’ve got to go

ip0GMBTOjCNDo.gif

My attitude is bitchy but you already knew that punches me out of this galaxy

51cw8g.gif

I wasn't feeling this live but the studio version is so good. I need to hear Wallace now.

Nemesis_

lord she's so boring

reusing all this 90s house music because her 16 year old fans have probably never heard it

a mumbling mess

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Wow I just saw the Emma Watson feminist speech

literately when will Be 'I use my sister's event where I just stood still unable to stand up for my own blood as a punchline while Nicki disses every other women in the game' Yonce

joGnBjI.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Those of you voting for the Béyst, please check out one of Mariah's best songs and most iconic performances, serving CLASS and TALENT that the average-in-every-way Bey could never hope to achieve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAVqJKZxmw

the part from 3:22 to 4:05 is too much *.*

tumblr_m5augfP9gO1qbrs65o4_r1_250.gif

Awww Alex <333 I miss you too, bb :) :). I'm really sorry I haven't been on GAF that much :(. I'm actually getting my tonsils out in a week and I've been too busy freaking myself out about that to really do much else :(.

<3 I love this post.

YASSSSSSSS I've missed you BB!!!!!! <3
pSlGFJ5.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've abstained from this vote
Although I would vote Bey, I feel bad because Mariah had to go up against it twice

#CHASINGTIME still slaying me

I've abstained from this vote
Although I would vote Bey, I feel bad because Mariah had to go up against it twice

#CHASINGTIME still slaying me

Umm please vote, they're tied right now. :/

Also the prospect of Beyonce losing out is making my tongue numb a little bit.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
See I kinda wanna vote for Mariah for the kiis, but then Kylie would certainly loose against Beyonce but would probably beat Mariah so I dont know

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
See I kinda wanna vote for Mariah for the kiis, but then Kylie would certainly loose against Beyonce but would probably beat Mariah so I dont know

if mariah can beat beyonce is there any reason to think that she can't take the entire competition tho?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Umm please vote, they're tied right now. :/

crying.gif

After all the fat shaming and allegations of being a "flop" Mariah has endured, despite her status as 2nd most successful female in music, I assumed Bey would trample over her in this round. I'm getting my life right now, the beyhive is CRUMBLING and it's hornets are SCRAMBLING

crying.gif

And y'all can't solely blame Touchdown, if Bey had as much impact with her very RECENT album as some of you claim (that she had to use a trick to get people to buy), this round wouldn't even be close

tumblr_inline_mi6thyWyzD1qz4rgp.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so beyoncé goes into the losers bracket. does anybody in there really stand a chance against her?

mariah goes into the winners bracket and through some enterprising action on behalf of her fans, wins that too.

so then the final is...beyonce vs. mariah?

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;131311772 said:
Imma campaing the shit out of Rih if she goes head to head with Mariah.

me too.

[edit] i've been relistening to kiss me once in anticipation of going to see aphrodylie next week (maybe)

fine is such a bop. the euphoric intro.

fiiii-iii-iiine
you're gonna be fiiii-iii-iiine
you don't have to worry
don't you turn and run run run
turn your face into the sun sun sun sun

ibhP4TLUdk1cxA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom