• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only the GP were as committed to Mariah as her stans

They just wanna wipe Beyonce off the board. The problem with their plan is that Beyonce would be up against a bunch of flops in the Losers Bracket, so it'd be an easier sweep for her. Regardless, Mariah would still have to WIN this round for any of that to take place.

So keep trying Lambs :p

Majmun

Banned for being an alt

It sure took long, if true.
iw3w51wbVRxPT.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They just wanna wipe Beyonce off the board. The problem with their plan is that Beyonce would be up against a bunch of flops in the Losers Bracket, so it'd be an easier sweep for her.

This has me a lot more bothered than Beyoncé losing, tbh

Throwing all of the artists in the losers bracket under the bus to protect your flop fave, ch...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
regretting not summoning the dark powers of Real Music GAF to empower grimes to punch mariah clean out of the stratosphere tbh

Play some defense then sis and protect your fave. The lambs are coming for a Touchdown.

ibntUajYrXjXAF.gif

[ s c r e a m i n g ] @ your edit. well at least you admitted it

BTW get ready Mr. Badger! I found out that the Smash demo is available to the GP now! :D Gives me a month-ish to practice and sharpen my skills hehe (Kirby's my main but... Ike is lookin' good) ;)

picgifs-super-smash-bros-brawl-2131558.gif

Gasp!!! I better try my best too!! Or else you'll kick my bum :p. I'll have nothing to do but practice next week while I'm recovering ;___; #teamMarth

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Whoever can find me a song that has the lyrics 'baby say yes' in the chorus (I have nothing else to go by) I will vote for your fave.

Its probably from a SoundCloud hoe since I didn't recognize her voice

genjiZERO

Honestly, neither Mariah Carey nor Beyonce are my jam. Pop-R&B loses me after the 80s. As far as contemporary pop goes, frankly I'd rather just listen to the endless number of EDM/Euro-pop singers who all sound exactly the same.

That being said, I think MC is a great technical singer - she has excellent range and clarity, but my complaint she doesn't have much in the way of timbre. On the other hand, Beyonce is utterly generic as a singer (I never even thought she was the best singer in DC). As far as songs go I think I prefer Beyonce's, but, again I'm not terribly interested in this style from the get-go so that's not saying much.

Overall though, I have to vote for Mariah Carey. Significantly better singer even if the song's themselves are slightly less interesting.

Touchdown

Banned
Honestly, neither Mariah Carey nor Beyonce are my jam. Pop-R&B loses me after the 80s. As far as contemporary pop goes, frankly I'd rather just listen to the endless number of EDM/Euro-pop singers who all sound exactly the same.

That being said, I think MC is a great technical singer - she has excellent range and clarity, but my complaint she doesn't have much in the way of timbre. On the other hand, Beyonce is utterly generic as a singer (I never even thought she was the best singer in DC). As far as songs go I think I prefer Beyonce's, but, again I'm not terribly interested in this style from the get-go so that's not saying much.

Overall though, I have to vote for Mariah Carey. Significantly better singer even if the song's themselves are slightly less interesting.

anigif_original-grid-image-12841-1401977620-5.gif

edit:
Vote Mariah because Beyonce will find out.

i9SoDnD4Sng2W.gif

waiT I'm GASPING for air at this gif.

ed2305b7.png

Vazduh

!!!!!!

Funny since I added one of their songs to the playlist yesterday

Anyways who do you want me to vote for? ��

Hah! I actually guessed it right. Funny thing is, I just googled "baby say yes" and that was one of the results, lol. And now, thanks to you, I've discovered another potential fave (and since he's a member of WhoMadeWho, there's a high chance I'll love his album).

As for the vote, if it were one of my indie faves on the line, I'd be more invested. Therefore I think it's for the best I leave the choice up to you, good sis. Vote whomever you want to :)

m6u859.gif

I'll tell you this, tho. I didn't vote for Bey.

This vote turnout adhfkasjdhfl;ajdsfajsdf

This round having almost twice as many votes as the previous record RIP

I'm honestly scared to tally up this last batch. This is so fucking neck and neck

I absolutely can't

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
RIP Booty. We may not have agreed on, well anything, but I liked him (her?)

Please PopGaf, after sending Kylie Minogue to the gallows you can still redeem yourself. Vote Mariah Carey. One vote for Mariah is one vote for freedom.

Agreed, I like Robyn but the fact that Kylie lost to her is ridic. I'm hoping good taste prevails this round, Bey is knocked out, then Kylie pummels her right out of the comp in the losers bracket. If it gets to that point I think I'll rally some votes myself ;)
or not that's a lot of effort for a competition that really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things lol

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE
giddy.gif
The Queen and my fave rapper may be collaborating again!
giddy.gif

“We go Hard or we go Home we Gon Do this all night long! #werk” Madonna captioned the photo, while Minaj posted the photo to her own Instagram a few hours earlier. “My trip to New York isn't the same unless I bump into the Queen. #BitchItsMadonna,” she wrote, suggesting that the photo was the result of a chance encounter… however, “Bitch, I’m Madonna” is the name of a rumored new track produced by Diplo, so maybe Minaj was in town to record a guest verse?

Don't wanna get TOO excited though, Madge also used a video backdrop of Nicki saying "Bitch, it's Madonna" during her MDNA tour....

Madonna and Minaj, of course, collaborated on her 2012 single “Give Me All Your Luvin,’” and performed the song together at the Super Bowl halftime show that year. Minaj was the guest artist on the song who did NOT give the middle finger to hundreds of millions of viewers at the Super Bowl (that’d be M.I.A.).

LOOOOOL @ the MIA shade! The middle finger incident really was the beginning of the end of that flop's career! XD Deserved too, can't you even keep it classy for 12 minutes during the most watched half-time show of all time? That's MILLIONS of children in front of the TV :mad:

I loved their last collab, Give Me All Your Luvin', and the video absolutely SLAYED (Madonna is still queen of the music video). Wouldn't mind a rap feature from Nicki in one of Madge's songs similar to what she did in Alicia Keys' Girl on Fire. Shame this album's been pushed back to 2015 supposedly *sigh*

10691662_724186264303623_1524011312_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom