• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Banned
what does whatever ugly craft store mess robin is wearing have to do with taylor wearing the iconic miu miu fw 14 collection jw...

*looks around*

*realises this is no place for a 41 year old man*
You're still younger than Mumei.
Lifetime favourites - Madge, Kylie & Bouncy.
Slay.

Currently like Iggy Azalea & Ariana Grande.
oh...
Guilty pleasure is Nicki Minaj (or Ninja Minge as I call her). She's so fucking future she needs a sci-fi movie to star in.
eaux....

itkPymzLsxZul.gif

Welcome sis *.*

If the current ranking continues til the end of the day then we might have to do a tiebreaker round, it's been neck and neck between the two front-runners.

Welcome kyser73 and Omaha! Hope you guys stick around and participate in the tournament. In fact if you prefer Kylie, Grimes or Lana Del Rey just PM me your favorite of the three so that your vote can be counted.

Results tonight, assuming someone snatches it in time. :)

kyser73

If the current ranking continues til the end of the day then we might have to do a tiebreaker round, it's been neck and neck between the two front-runners.

Welcome kyser73 and Omaha! Hope you guys stick around and participate in the tournament. In fact if you prefer Kylie, Grimes or Lana Del Rey just PM me your favorite of the three so that your vote can be counted.

Results tonight, assuming someone snatches it in time. :)

Duly PM'd

This looks like a fun place.

*looks around*

*realises this is no place for a 41 year old man*

Lifetime favourites - Madge, Kylie & Bouncy.

Currently like Iggy Azalea & Ariana Grande.

Ms Perry also gets it - especially the tune in Madagascar 3 (4 year old daughter introduced me to the surrealist madness of that film)

Guilty pleasure is Nicki Minaj (or Ninja Minge as I call her). She's so fucking future she needs a sci-fi movie to star in.

I'm also a big fan of contemporary beat making - snap&trap style especially.

I listen to techstep & neurofunk D&B mostly tho. Properly hard stuff.

Hello, my main girls are Rihanna/Beyonce/Katy Perry, but there's songs from the other big pop stars that I like. There's not really anyone in regards to pop music who I don't really listen to besides Adele.

Welcome!!! Flawless taste as per.

Can't Get You Out of My Head was spiritual

It was stripped down to just the main synth line and a drumbeat

Even the strings were cut

It made an already iconic piece of minimal pop production transcendental

Not to mention the entire arena chanting along to the la la las

And lawd her dancers

YAAAAAAAASSSSS! This song was everything when it came out. And it still is.

JCX

Tough to pick between Lana and Grimes, but Grimes won't keep her songs backed up so I have to go with Lana. I also walked past a burlesque show last week and some woman was dancing to "Money Power Glory" so at least someone is still listening to ULTRAVIOLENCE

Vazduh

Duly PM'd

This looks like a fun place.

It is! Welcome.

But then there's this song and it makes you wonder why he didn't blow up like Justin did. I always thought JC was the better singer between the two.

JC was (and still is) a better singer than Justine, but he wasn't blessed with The Neptunes' production which was all the rage ten years ago. Coupled with some horrible single choices, no wonder his debut flopped.

Btw, I liked his first, pre-album single, Blowin' Me Up (With Her Love). If the entire album had been like that, who knows, maybe he wouldn't have dropped his singing career.
His hair in the video, tho... :death:

SaintZ

Heh, I had a moment with Pretty When You Cry on my way to work. I love the guitar and how her voice sounds in the song.

Don't say you need me here,
You leave us, you're leaving,
I can't do it, I can't do it,
But you do it well.

'Cause I'm pretty when I cry.
I'm pretty when I cry.
Pretty when I cry.
I'm pretty when I cry.

It sounds glorious with good headphones.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i gave cheek to cheek a listen

difficult to see why anybody thought the world needed another album of artless renditions of jazz standards but okay

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm afraid to listen to it because of all the bad press it's gotten in PopGAF.

But I really like Moments, so...

The album is great simply that there are some issues with the themes she has there and the way some tracks are organized.

Not Jessie J serving more choreo than most of your faves.

The one thing the big Pop Girls need to learn from the Korean Pop Girls is choreo. We rarely see choreo these days unless its Beyonce reusing choreo from her previous shows and stealing the Walk It Out Fosse and Smang It choreo.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You're not spreading the message of Jazz atm.

I would spread the message of Jazz if the artist was actually doing good Jazz but she is not. Go to youtube and look at the iconic females from Jazz and see how uninspiring Gaga album is

Ella Fitzgerald
Billie Holliday
Nina Simone
Etta James
Dee Dee Bridgewater
and someone not too old for the young kids. Esperanza Spalding.

There are certainly more but keeping it short here. XOXO

😪
Whoa, I didn't know she had it in her! That's J. Lo's ex boy-toy choreographing, right?

Speaking of Jessie, look who I found in her first video, Do It Like A Dude:

IK0sJX7.gif

You are correct that is Casper.

Also Burning Up grew up a bit on me.

I would spread the message of Jazz if the artist was actually doing good Jazz but she is not. Go to youtube and look at the iconic females from Jazz and see how uninspiring Gaga album is

Ella Fitzgerald
Billie Holliday
Nina Simone
Etta James
Dee Dee Bridgewater
and someone not too old for the young kids. Esperanza Spalding.

There are certainly more but keeping it short here. XOXO
I was being sarcastic, sorry. I didn't buy C2C to spread the message of Jazz.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm a bit obsessed with kylie's dancers from last night

the two main ones were literally too hot for words

i can't find out who they are though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom