• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

L.A Love is just....I don't know. It's familiar? It's too similar to other songs. The whole LA LA LA hook has been done to death, and it just feels like it's building up to this absolutely killer climax but then it goes absolutely nowhere.

Yeah, it's not very fresh. In fact, when I first listened to the song I thought it sounded like a Lil Debbie/Riff Raff track. It had that same production.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
not riff raff
the ultimate shade

Yado

Aquarius tho

iJz2pCphCpLWr.gif

Mau ®

HDD is predicting 1989 to sell over a million.

I have my reservations but The Lord has shown she's capable of such numbers before.

Servbot24

Banned
Who cares about numbers, the real question is whether Taylor or Charli will be AOTY

At this point I'd say it's too close to call

cory64

Mau ®;132365786 said:
HDD is predicting 1989 to sell over a million.

I have my reservations but The Lord has shown she's capable of such numbers before.

She better work that promo magic

iexzsf9E57agn.gif

Vazduh

not riff raff
the ultimate shade

Well, since Riff Raff's album was actually decent and better than Fergie's track, it's not even a shade.

I listened to it this morning and I was so excited about it after Truth Serum... but I'm not feeling it outside of the promo singles (Thousand Miles, Moments) and Love Ballad, Not Made For This World and Run On Love tbh. I'll stick to listening TS. It's a shame that Paradise is not included on the album.

I actually liked a lot of the tracks, but I think Tove should have divided the album into three EPs, since it would have made more sense thematically, because the album in this state comes off as a bit schizophrenic. "I'm a ho! Wait, no, I'm in love! No, no, wait, my heart is broken now."

Actually, speaking of schizophrenic, it reminded me of another hot ass mess/disjointed album:

A lot of you mentioned Ariana's bad enunciation, but have you ever listened to JC's
flop
single, Some Girls (Dance with women)? It's like he's singing the verses in Simlish.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Happy hour ain't so happy
When you've got no friends
And who knew I'd find an angel
At the gates of hell
Your glass was always empty
But your bed was full when you loved me

giphy.gif

Vazra

Happy hour ain't so happy
When you've got no friends
And who knew I'd find an angel
At the gates of hell
Your glass was always empty
But your bed was full when you loved me

giphy.gif

You gave me back my key
But you still have my heart
Now all the dreams of you and me
And broken frames in your garbage
The other guys with their honest eyes
Just can't love me

giphy.gif

You gave me back my key
But you still have my heart
Now all the dreams of you and me
And broken frames in your garbage
The other guys with their honest eyes
Just can't love me

giphy.gif
And out of all the stupid boys I knew
I had to fall for you
And out of all the pretty lies you told
Can one of them be true?

she's honestly so fucking good like
giphy.gif

Floridian

Welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy your stay as long or as short as you want it to be.

Who are your favorite Pop artists?

Hello, my main girls are Rihanna/Beyonce/Katy Perry, but there's songs from the other big pop stars that I like. There's not really anyone in regards to pop music who I don't really listen to besides Adele.

Yessss, bless the masses with the POPGAF's finest!

I completely forgot about that song
ed2305b7.png
It was my guilty pleasure ten years ago, but I don't think I can defend it anymore.

But then there's this song and it makes you wonder why he didn't blow up like Justin did. I always thought JC was the better singer between the two.

Vazra

And out of all the stupid boys I knew
I had to fall for you
And out of all the pretty lies you told
Can one of them be true?

she's honestly so fucking good like
Im perched for the new album. If she progresses as much as she did from Perfectionist to Trouble we could see something extremely amazing. It seems we have a visual idea of her looks for the era as she has been very vintage and the short hair. I'm here for her serving 20s or 30s fashion.

As for the sounds I just want her to continue trying different styles. I do like the story telling element in Trouble so having a whole story through the album would be great. I want her to pull an experimental concept album like VV Brown something unexpected from her and slay the sound.

Hello, my main girls are Rihanna/Beyonce/Katy Perry, but there's songs from the other big pop stars that I like. There's not really anyone in regards to pop music who I don't really listen to besides Adele.

Nice stuff man.

cory64

Who is your favorite retired/should be retired pop girl?

Vazduh

So, erm, Cheryl Cole has just released her new song.

Cheryl - I Don't Care

Well, at least it's slightly better than the first single.

Welcome!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Can't Get You Out of My Head was spiritual

It was stripped down to just the main synth line and a drumbeat

Even the strings were cut

It made an already iconic piece of minimal pop production transcendental

Not to mention the entire arena chanting along to the la la las

And lawd her dancers

kyser73

*looks around*

*realises this is no place for a 41 year old man*

Lifetime favourites - Madge, Kylie & Bouncy.

Currently like Iggy Azalea & Ariana Grande.

Ms Perry also gets it - especially the tune in Madagascar 3 (4 year old daughter introduced me to the surrealist madness of that film)

Guilty pleasure is Nicki Minaj (or Ninja Minge as I call her). She's so fucking future she needs a sci-fi movie to star in.

I'm also a big fan of contemporary beat making - snap&trap style especially.

I listen to techstep & neurofunk D&B mostly tho. Properly hard stuff.

kyser73

iggy tho sis...i hope you're listening to trap gold instead of the new classic

Heh.

Loved Fancy, then got on YouTube & found Trap Gold - Demons, Slo, Quicktime & Flexin & Finessin are sparse beats over alien sound effects, properly my cup of beats & bass.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lol @ Ninja Minge
hew is bounce though

Mau ®

oh hello 😍

welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom