• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
iamamiwhoami have blessed us with two new songs this week. I think we'll be getting both music videos tomorrow, and the animated covers.

thin

tumblr_ncry7p9LhB1tu099oo1_1280.jpg

chasing kites

tumblr_ncry7p9LhB1tu099oo2_1280.jpg

Vazduh

iamamiwhoami have blessed us with two new songs this week. I think we'll be getting both music videos tomorrow, and the animated covers.

Can't wait for the videos because "Blue Blue" was amazing. I like Chasing Kites more than Thin, but that might change once the videos drop.

Can't wait for the videos because "Blue Blue" was amazing. I like Chasing Kites more than Thin, but that might change once the videos drop.

I'm in the middle at the moment. On one hand I like thin more because it's dark and experimental, but I also like chasing kites a lot because it's upbeat and accessible. It's something that wouldn't feel out of place on the radio or something.

I'm just glad that the lyrics are actually pretty easy to understand on the first few listens this time.

Also, I think blue blue is my least favorite song from BLUE so far. If I had to rank the songs so far it'd be:

fountain
tap your glass
vista
chasing kites / thin
hunting for pearls
blue blue

It's still a dead-heat for first place, so make sure to vote ASAP if you haven't already! The round will close in three hours if a front-runner is declared. Otherwise we're moving it up one more day. :)

Mumei

Random thing that I was just reminded of:

Who was it here who talked about having written some fanfiction? I think it was Crumpet, but I'm not sure. Did we ever find it?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
More Mary J Blige and I assume Disclosure
Nobody V2
Think Sam Smith had a hand writing the track too

Meier

Who cares about numbers, the real question is whether Taylor or Charli will be AOTY

At this point I'd say it's too close to call
That new Charli XCX is one of the worst things I've heard in years. I was absolutely mortified for her when listening to it. Atrocious is an understatement. Hopefully nothing else on the album has lyrics approaching the level of it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That new Charli XCX is one of the worst things I've heard in years. I was absolutely mortified for her when listening to it. Atrocious is an understatement. Hopefully nothing else on the album has lyrics approaching the level of it.

which one

How did Kylie, Lana and Grimes fare on the first fight of the Losers Bracket? Here's how you voted:

ibzGpc9ymVXsYs.png

Kylie and Lana are tied vote for vote as of 8pm EST/5pm PT. When this happens, we default to extending the voting period by an extra day.

To the GAFfers who have already voted, ONLY those who have voted for the lagging contender may switch their vote. Those who have locked in their votes for Kylie or Lana may NOT switch allegiances, but if you voted for Grimes and would like to drop ship and support either Kylie or Lana, you may switch by PMing me your choice before tomorrow!

Kylie and Lana supporters, I suggest you recruit some voters, share your fave's music on here, offer Grimes fans your nudes, or start revving up that shade, coz this shit's gonna get ugly. And if you've voted for Grimes, it's not over yet! You may have the disadvantage of having your base leave the home court, but you could still pull out a win!

Make this one extra messy, sistrens. You can vote or switch now by clicking here!

Bladenic

Are y'all seething? Cheek2cheek #1 on 3 billboard charts.

Barbara is crying.

Uh why would she be crying? She sold more first week. If she had outsold Gags 2nd week then Gaga would've been the laughing stock of the Internet.

In fact, C2C only outsold Partners by 9k, disgraceful.

I bet that if not for Gaga's promo or whatever, C2C would've been #2 or even possibly #3.

Mau ®

Pitchfork gave "Queen of the Clouds" a 71. Which is quite high for a straight-up pop album.

I gave it a listen again today and I liked it more. Mmhm.

Bladenic

Mau ®;132533909 said:
Pitchfork gave "Queen of the Clouds" a 71. Which is quite high for a straight-up pop album.

I gave it a listen again today and I liked it more. Mmhm.

It's great, yall trash if you don't like it.

I would like to thank the banned sistren Crumpet/Arte for getting me to listen to The ArchAndroid. It doesn't slay quite hard as they said. But where it does slay, it goes in. Bravo.

Dance in the trees
Paint mysteries
The magnificent droid plays there
Your magic mind
Makes love to mine
I think I'm in love, angel

Take me back to Wondaland
I gotta get back to Wondaland
Take me back to Wondaland

I think me left me underpants
ibk9TqV8MuQXje.gif

B-Dex

Bladenic is just upset Nomura is on suicide watch for kingdom hearts 3 and ffxv's failure to launch in 8 years.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Queen of the clouds is alright, nothing spectacular though
Will likely get quite a bit of use from me

Oh and I'm lightly perched for a Christina/Dr Luke/Sia/Cirkut collab

A couple of stray observations based on what I've been listening to lately:

- The outro to Marry The Night is precisely why Lady Gaga is fucking wonderful. Out of left-field, hits you like a baseball bat, makes you wanna haul ass around the dance floor, and it's one of the most powerful sonic twists in a pop song that I've ever heard. I remember hearing that for the first time with my jaw hitting the floor. Totally breathless.

- We Found Love, the more I listen to it, has to be Rihanna's best song by far. It transcends the genre, and as by the numbers as it feels on paper it's still this gorgeous art piece. Probably one of the most impactful pop songs of all time honestly. That dance break is pure happiness.

- Kill The Lights by Britney Spears needs more love. That's all.

- Lana Del Rey's discography is incredibly fluid and I love that about her, but there are two sides to her sound and those two sides are best represented by Ride and Off To The Races. Those are the two best songs in her discography too.

Do you still have to pay between SD and HD? JFC. Whenever I want to watch one I just look it up on YouTube.
Yes, but they don't even sell HD music videos. Mess.
I know I can watch them on YT but there are some I want in really good quality and YouTube just doesn't have that :/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Uh why would she be crying? She sold more first week. If she had outsold Gags 2nd week then Gaga would've been the laughing stock of the Internet.

In fact, C2C only outsold Partners by 9k, disgraceful.

I bet that if not for Gaga's promo or whatever, C2C would've been #2 or even possibly #3.

let's be honest, it's only for gaga's involvement at all that the album isn't like #259

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom