• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiT.

Chasing Time goes in. I love Azealia's singing voice.

Yes! I was one of the few who liked Licorice Bitch, but her voice seems to have gotten better with Chasing Time. Listening to them back to back it's clear she got vocal lessons or a great producer who knows how to discretely smooth vocals.

That and Mary J Blige's new song dropped the same day (Whole Damn Year) and I was more impressed by Azealia.

If I, if I run away with you tonight, tonight
We could make the wrongs feel right, so right
We could do some damage
Fuck me in the Paris lights

I put my high heels on so I'm closer to God
Tonight we're gonna dance to the Devil's drum and I need someone
Need someone

yrOiz.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

If I, if I run away with you tonight, tonight
We could make the wrongs feel right, so right
We could do some damage
Fuck me in the Paris lights

Tonight we're gonna dance to the Devil's drum and I need someone
Need someone
Queen

It makes no difference if you're black or white
If you're a boy or a girl
If the music's pumpin'
It will give you new life
You're a superstar
Yes that's what you are
You know it

tumblr_inline_ndb6dqNxBE1s14nlv.gif

cory64

briefly interrupting my sabbatical from this place to bring you

AQUARIUS
the timecables review

1. Aquarius: 10/10
classic Kanye beat slammed into with ethereal oats-feeling goodness
2. Bet 10/10
that bridge/outro take me to CHOURCH
3. Cold Sweat 10/10
the utter hypnosis followed by the catharsis of those NOTES, yaaaaaaaas
4. 2 On 10/10
It's already a classic.​
5. How Many Times 9/10 (-1 for Future's part)
I mean who else has remade a Janet track and come out not looking like a fool for it? But again, someone needs to leak a Future-less version because what even was that even like WHAT
6. Pretend 10/10
This took a few spins to grow on me, it does sound a little bit like a SELF-TITLÉD rihject, but that still means it slays.
7. All Hands On Deck 10/10
I'm thirsty just listening to it. Lord.

and oh yeah, that's a freaking PAN FLUTE shitting on your miserable fave's discography​
8. Indigo Child 10/10
I need an extended version of this MASTERPIECE like Ariana needs a personality.
9. Far Side Of The Moon 10/10
her delivery is a little too remiscent of Jhené Basic but the production is everything
10. Feels Like Vegas 10/10
sounds a lot more like a Rihject than All Hands On Deck but I'm still here for some Stargate flawlessness
11. Thug Cry 10/10
The track on here that you'd most expect if you'd only heard 2 On, but you know what? "lemme feng shui your shit" is iconic​
12. Deep In The Night 10/10
SHIVERS when she enters in on that last phrase for just a moment
13. Bated Breath 10/10
So damn beautiful. Will probably be butchered on YouTube by thousands of hopeless basics.
14. Wildfire 10/10
The standout production, which on this album is saying something
15. The Storm 10/10
This little piece of ART is her way of saying "I won 2014, sorryboutit"

FINAL RATING:
ibag1HIuK7MLiZ.gif

isMuvbRfvRMVW.gif

iqJBIAHPJ88ZV.gif

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

9.1/10

I feel bad for anyone that still stans for supermodel and former lyric reciter Rhat.
[h e w] needs her anymore?

I'm three songs into Tove Lo's album and I'm tempted to bail.

I just don't see it for her. Not On Drugs remains her only good song at this point. What's annoying is the songs I've listened to so far have a lot going for them, but they're missing something to actually make them good.

[edit]: skljdljldgjkljdklsj Timebomb is certifiable trash.

I'm three songs into Tove Lo's album and I'm tempted to bail.

I just don't see it for her. Not On Drugs remains her only good song at this point. What's annoying is the songs I've listened to so far have a lot going for them, but they're missing something to actually make them good.

[edit]: skljdljldgjkljdklsj Timebomb is certifiable trash.

I agree. I listened to the album and it just does nothing for me.

One common theme for me in all of the songs is how the beat starts at the verses. They all sound great, and then the chorus comes and then it goes to absolute shit. Every single one of them. I bailed out at song 5 tbh.

-----

Really loving the Aquarius stanning in here. I need to go spend coins now because this album is a certified bop. I'm a bona-fide Tinashe stan now. Been down with her since Boss and her YouTube Fame, now happy she hitting home runs with her album.

i don't care and it feels so fucking good to say, i swear, that i don't care

god this song is a bop that punches my soul, a perfectly crafted and 100% solid TUNE

i'm perched for CHERYL FERNANDEZ-VERSINI and her alber, which has three godberts co-writes so you know at least some of it will be AMAZING

meanwhile, the betty who album made me go to sleep, although somebody loves you was just as amazing as I remember. I'll try again.

I'll certainly be listening to Aquarius given the glowing impressions... Actually, I have a review due for Wednesday for an album from the past month so maybe I'll do Aquarius? It's either that or Little Machines given that Betty Who and Tove Lo aren't *officially* out here. Or I could do Tough Love. Hmm.

Majmun

Rih's next album needs to be like Aquarius. I'm loving this. Rih would slay with this music.

Please, Rih, make new rnb music and get rid of the edm shit.

Dispose of Charlie Suxcx and let Tinashe write and produce your music.

Mau ®

Rih's next album needs to be like Aquarius. I'm loving this. Rih would slay with this music.

Please, Rih, make new rnb music and get rid of the edm shit.

Dispose of Charlie Suxcx and let Tinashe write and produce your music.

The Rhat's next album has a lot of DJ Mustard production, so maybe it might have some Tinashe-teas. I think it's gonna be very reggae-ish tbh.

Vazduh

KFMTilA.jpg

I miss Rhenna on Instagram.

Just met Meghan Trainor at Atlanta Pride. She is awesome. Even if she is a one hit wonder she was so down to earth. Met all of her fans and signed stuff. Super duper nice. I'm an even huger fan of her now.

Glad to hear you had a great time! It must have been pretty special since it was your first Pride and all :) (I'm also on the other topic sometimes so I saw your other post)

Mau ®;134011511 said:
Katy is dating Diplo.

Jealous tbh. He is so hot. Ugh.

mubMYjb.gif

I would still be jealous.......

.....If his dick was bigger. #SorrynotSorry

Consider me one of those shallow chicks who think the peen game has to be at least.....Stunning.

with two hours to go until the official release of tough love in the uk, we can officially elevate jesus ware to messiah status

she just released a track that didn't make the album for free via her soundcloud

12 (demo) - Jesus Ware

it's kind of her to point out it's a demo because otherwise you probably wouldn't have noticed tbh, better than many of the mastered finished tracks this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom