• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 4-disc Beyonce Platinum Edition has been sighted for pre-order on some European websites, apparently releasing 24th november

her handful of new bonus tracks will snatch the year all over again, considering the impact of flawless alone

royalan

I'm disappointed by the new Jessie Ware album. :(

It's a solid body of work, but nothing jumps out at me the way Running and 110% did. And it is a little repetitive. :(

a 4-disc Beyonce Platinum Edition has been sighted for pre-order on some European websites, apparently releasing 24th november

her handful of new bonus tracks will snatch the year all over again, considering the impact of flawless alone

4 disk tho? Hopefully most of that is CIL, BDAY, 4 and Self titled tbh.

I'm disappointed by the new Jessie Ware album. :(

It's a solid body of work, but nothing jumps out at me the way Running and 110% did. And it is a little repetitive. :(

Noooooo, don't do this to me Roy. Those are my two favorite Jessie Songs and I'm expecting something on that album of that same caliber :(

Ultraviolence really felt like such an afterthought for Lana. Really seems like she didn't care about the album, maybe that's why we could be getting a new one next year.

I still liked it though, and Brooklyn Baby is still such a hard punch.
Brooklyn Baby is definitely the best song on there.

Mau ®

Taylor's Graham Norton interview looks hilarious.

Awkward cat moments

Taylor stans keep dying at her house

tumblr_inline_nd9tjh15QV1rkyeok.gif

Vazduh

Noooooo, don't do this to me Roy. Those are my two favorite Jessie Songs and I'm expecting something on that album of that same caliber :(

He's right. It's definitely not a bad album and while there are some really good songs on it (Tough Love, Champagne Kisses), none of those reaches the heights of 110 % and Running. You should definitely give it a listen, though.

B-Dex

Coming off her landslide victory in round 2, Lady Gaga is featured prominently in harmonix's Fantasia music Evolved. Being the titular track players learn to play the game as well as being selectable in the demo to play as many times as you want.

Some NZ hew is also selectable.

lday gaga has fleas, jesus h christ, robyn is always a flawfree fembot goddess. why would you vote for somebody whose style icons are tramps and dustbins

but i'm not surprised that the most overrated popstar of the past decade would win, people will always gravitate towards the songs which soundtracked their blowjob careers in seedy clubs and support the artist who musically patronised them

if only the djs had played more robyn, maybe things would have turned out differently

people would be so much more intelligent and stylish and less racist, don't think it's a coincidence that talented black women such as beyonce and rihanna have been unceremoniously dumped in losers whilst janet jackson didn't even make the bus

in the perfect robyn universe, everything would be wonderful and sunny and beautiful and a-m-a-z-i-n-g and we would recognise peoples' talents truly and actually listen to dr martin luther king jr when he said his words

but we still have hope

vote bjork
[IM..G]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N24HGqDhZP8/TaXS_-wxWJI/AAAAAAAAaoA/KFXb_8qhHok/s1600/bjork%2Bswan.jpg[/IMG]

her new album out in 2015 and produced by fka twigs producer arca will redefine music and be truly supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and your sad used cheap profanity of a "fave" will likely cry about how she's wasted her career being a dispenser for cheap disposable bops that people forget in the time it takes to get from the drawing room to the master bedroom.

bjork will continue to sail forward on critical acclaim and the fact that she didn't even need to make yet another legendary album if she didn't want to because her legacy is assured, but she chose to share the fruits of her intellect with the world anyway because she is truly benevolent and good

even her shittest album, volta, is so much better than your fave it actually hurts

bjork is socially conscious and sees outside of herself to the world and says "i want to change things and make it better" in a way that nobody else does. support her environmentalist endeavors and caring about animals:
I've been reading about reincarnation, and the Buddhists say we come back as animals. And Buddhists refer to them as lesser beings but they're just like us. So I say fuck the Buddhists!
wise queen of the world, caring about the mice and the tarantulas and the giraffes
Nice essay.

But Mariah drinks like I do and knows what Nick Cannon looks like naked, so I vote Mariah

edit: Wait... how do I vote??? lol

Aguila

#ICONIC
So Miley is releasing an album full of covers sometime in the next few weeks. The first song is Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (by the Beatles).

I'm kinda here for it. I like the covers she has on youtube.

So Miley is releasing an album full of covers sometime in the next few weeks. The first song is Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (by the Beatles).

I'm kinda here for it. I like the covers she has on youtube.

dddddddd

The decline is fucking real. I'm not too familiar with her covers, but I do like her cover of Jolene.

Mau ®

Yeah, she hinted at an album of covers at my show.

Her covers of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds", "babe i'm gonna leave you" were amazing. Also, she covered a Johnny Cash song at my show and it was fun.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Living la dolce vita
Life couldn't get much sweeter
Don't you give me a reason
That it's not the right season
Babe, I love you a lot
I'll give you all I've got
Yeah, you know that it's true
I've been saving all my summers for you
Like froot, like froot

i am so happy shes back words cannot describe

Living la dolce vita
Life couldn't get much sweeter
Don't you give me a reason
That it's not the right season
Babe, I love you a lot
I'll give you all I've got
Yeah, you know that it's true
Like froot, like froot

i am so happy shes back words cannot describe

It's summertime and I hang on the vine
They're gonna make me into sweet red wine
Hanging around like a fruit on a tree
Waiting to be picked, come and cut me free

Still on repeat. End me.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
to be fair i loved elecatra heart so I dont expect everyone to agree with my opinion
but froot is fucking amzing

royalan

Ok

Enough people have mentioned it...let me give Froot a listen...

Living la dolce viiiiiiiittaaaaaa

iouteJ04YEQNZ.gif

This fucking slays.

My issue with Marina is her awkward vocal delivery, which can be really hit or miss depending on the rest of the song. But it really works here. Dark and dripping with sex.

This song makes me want to go dance on a complete stranger at the club (and start grabbing his crotch when the house lights go down).

Just met Meghan Trainor at Atlanta Pride. She is awesome. Even if she is a one hit wonder she was so down to earth. Met all of her fans and signed stuff. Super duper nice. I'm an even huger fan of her now.
lbE6waI.jpg

B3SdLMz.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Skulls is almost too good? Like it's unfair to make your faves compete with a song that's better than anything they'll ever produce.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well, I'm sure that Björk will lose, but given that only three actual members of popgaf actually like Mariah Carey I'm not sure I'm too bothered.

Touchdown

Banned
Well, I'm sure that Björk will lose, but given that only three actual members of popgaf actually like Mariah Carey I'm not sure I'm too bothered.

Don't fret your pretty little european self godels. I'm abstaining from campaigning the rest of the tourney to give your flop faves a fighting chance at winning.

tumblr_n0y6o1CBnU1qkdh9eo3_250.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm up in the woods

i'm down on my mind

i'm building a still

to slow down the time

i'm up in the woods

i'm down on my mind

i'm building a still

to slow down the time

i'm up in the woods