• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 02, Battle 01 is about to come to a close! Get your vote in before it's too late:

ibtnAkZSwe2Onq.png

It's still too close to call, so every vote matters. Just send me a quick PM right now by clicking here. Thanks! :)

So here the problem I feel is happening with this Drhi_out.....

.... People are highly anticipated that comes with high expectations which translates to make or break. It's such a scary situation to be in. But can Rih deliver? And not just a single, but a full in depth album? I want both tbh. I would hate these indie girls having more complete albums than a hit star

Tinashe says she's not inspired by Aaliyah but her style and songs so far is very Aaliyah-esq. At any rate I like her album and hope she goes far.

And I think Amanda needs serious help away from her parents maybe that might make changes.

Very... Like I just watched the jimmy Kimmel performance and now listening to Aquarius and it's so Aaliyah-esqe. She may not be inspired but obviously others producing these beats for her sees something different. The vibes are too aaliyah rich for her to deny it. She more closer to her than ciara and cassie.

Edit : Listening to Cold Sweat and legit, she could swerve Jhene Aiko. It's like she came for her lane and completely pushing her out of it. That beat transition at the end of the song just kills everything on Souled Out.

The first match of round 2 has come to a close. Power bottoms Lady Gaga and Robyn competed for your votes. Who prevailed in this battle?

ibh88pkPQ08uPr.png

This was a landslide victory for Mother Monster! It seemed that the Gaga fans were the more active voters this round, as I saw a handful of Robyn fans in the thread that didn't step up to support their fave. Alas, Robyn will step up to the plate at a later date, where she will face an arguably bigger competitor. You did this to yourselves, kids.

Another one bites the dust-ah:
ibpfWJGeoc7ie3.png

Lady Gaga is the first to move on to Winners Bracket FINAL FOUR! Who else will join her in the semifinals?

i3XYoEeTYGACS.png

ROUND 02, BATTLE 02 coming at ya! See below!

Very... Like I just watched the jimmy Kimmel performance and now listening to Aquarius and it's so Aaliyah-esqe. She may not be inspired but obviously others producing these beats for her sees something different. The vibes are too aaliyah rich for her to deny it. She more closer to her than ciara and cassie.

Edit : Listening to Cold Sweat and legit, she could swerve Jhene Aiko. It's like she came for her lane and completely pushing her out of it. That beat transition at the end of the song just kills everything on Souled Out.

Gravelord and I talked about Jhene and while her production is nice her voice is samey in all her songs, I like the vibe she is trying to send in her music but she has no versatility in her voice.

She comes off really boring in interviews too especially the breakfast club one.
I like The Worst though and she was hot in the video.

But a modern Sade she is not and she needs to not say that anymore lol.
There can only be one mood queen.

Robyn vs Gaga was fixed

There's no way Gaga won on her own. I'm on to you, Soul-sis.

:p

Gaga got exponentially more votes than Robyn did. I guess when it comes down to it a lot more people here like Gaga than they'd care to admit. Blame the voters sis. Better yet blame the Robyn fans who didn't bother to vote this round. :/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i figured that robyn probably wasn't going to win.

of course that doesn't make it any less awful that she lost.

Driver, roll up the partition fast
Over there I swear I saw them cameras flash
Handprints and footprints on my glass
Handprints and good grips all on my ass
Private show with the music blasting
He like to call me Peaches when we get this nasty
Red wine drip, we’ll talk that trash
Chauffeur eavesdropping trying not to crash
Oh there daddy, daddy now you ripped my fur
Oh baby baby be sweating out my hair
Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club

iMVvEB2HzLTcC.gif

Gravelord and I talked about Jhene and while her production is nice her voice is samey in all her songs, I like the vibe she is trying to send in her music but she has no versatility in her voice.

She comes off really boring in interviews too especially the breakfast club one.
I like The Worst though and she was hot in the video.

But a modern Sade she is not and she needs to not say that anymore lol.
There can only be one mood queen.

Yup. Me and my cousins were saying the same thing. She's so one dimensional. Great production, repetitive vocals. It's such a pothole for an up and coming artist with a lot of buzz. She's great as a featured artist mostly, but I wished she put more dynamics into her songs....

.... And is something Tinashe does very well. Vocals are on point and so is production. The battle is semi won.

Aguila

#ICONIC
wait @ that Tinashe performance

She's a breathe of fresh in a world where people like Ariana Infante barely crawl two steps and start hyperventilating.

Driver, roll up the partition fast
Over there I swear I saw them cameras flash
Handprints and footprints on my glass
Handprints and good grips all on my ass
Private show with the music blasting
He like to call me Peaches when we get this nasty
Red wine drip, we’ll talk that trash
Chauffeur eavesdropping trying not to crash
Oh there daddy, daddy now you ripped my fur
Oh baby baby be sweating out my hair
Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club

iMVvEB2HzLTcC.gif

The best lyrics she's ever claimed to have written. <3

lday gaga has fleas, jesus h christ, robyn is always a flawfree fembot goddess. why would you vote for somebody whose style icons are tramps and dustbins

but i'm not surprised that the most overrated popstar of the past decade would win, people will always gravitate towards the songs which soundtracked their blowjob careers in seedy clubs and support the artist who musically patronised them

if only the djs had played more robyn, maybe things would have turned out differently

people would be so much more intelligent and stylish and less racist, don't think it's a coincidence that talented black women such as beyonce and rihanna have been unceremoniously dumped in losers whilst janet jackson didn't even make the bus

in the perfect robyn universe, everything would be wonderful and sunny and beautiful and a-m-a-z-i-n-g and we would recognise peoples' talents truly and actually listen to dr martin luther king jr when he said his words

but we still have hope

vote bjork
bjork%2Bswan.jpg

her new album out in 2015 and produced by fka twigs producer arca will redefine music and be truly supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and your sad used cheap profanity of a "fave" will likely cry about how she's wasted her career being a dispenser for cheap disposable bops that people forget in the time it takes to get from the drawing room to the master bedroom.

bjork will continue to sail forward on critical acclaim and the fact that she didn't even need to make yet another legendary album if she didn't want to because her legacy is assured, but she chose to share the fruits of her intellect with the world anyway because she is truly benevolent and good

even her shittest album, volta, is so much better than your fave it actually hurts

bjork is socially conscious and sees outside of herself to the world and says "i want to change things and make it better" in a way that nobody else does. support her environmentalist endeavors and caring about animals:
I've been reading about reincarnation, and the Buddhists say we come back as animals. And Buddhists refer to them as lesser beings but they're just like us. So I say fuck the Buddhists!
wise queen of the world, caring about the mice and the tarantulas and the giraffes

all the tinashe haters looking stupid after this kimmel performance
Tinashe has haters?

poor them

I'm glad she blew up so that Hot 97 can stop pretending Jhene Aiko has talent. On the other hand, too bad it seems only one female, black up-and-coming singer at a time is allowed to get some airplay.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
let me finally get into Aquarius
Its half four in the morning and ive been drinking so opinions may come a fair bit later

Majmun

New Jessie Ware is good. But it's giving me Ultraviolence teas. All tracks kinda sound alike.

So this Tinashe girl is a thing now? 2 On was pretty basic tbh. Hopefully the other tracks impress me more. I hope it's better than Aiko's latest effort tho

Bladenic

Ultraviolence really felt like such an afterthought for Lana. Really seems like she didn't care about the album, maybe that's why we could be getting a new one next year.

I still liked it though, and Brooklyn Baby is still such a hard punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom