• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
http://www.plug.dj/pop-gaf/

http://www.plug.dj/pop-gaf/

ibgQUyn78xWAFt.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Artemisia
Banned
(Today, 10:20 PM)

There goes another one.

And her avatar is gone too.

image.php

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

Aw, she was so great.

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

Not here for this
iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

I liked him. ;_;

I am curious as to what he did, though. A quick scan of his recent post history and nothing really jumps out.

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

Poor brave Artemisia. Come back so that we can drag MIA, ok?

nULmZ.png
nULmZ.png

Not one to kick a gerl while she's down, but...

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

Ohmygod, RIP Artimisia. You were true class.

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

This makes me so sad. RIP sis

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

You are all beautiful people...

oprahmoved.gif

Anyone like Elisa, an italian artist? I got some Elisa vibes while listening to Jessie Ware's album. I only have one album by her(that's now out of print), her self-titled(compilation) album...which takes most of the songs from her previous release Then Comes the Sun which is still available.

I think it's one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. With 10 out of the 11 tracks being outstanding.

Listen yourself:

Come Speak To Me
Heaven Out of Hell - Top 10 Song of all time IMO.
Rainbow
Fever
Dancing - Another top song
It Is What It Is
Rock Your Soul - Another fav.
Labryinth
Stranger
A Little Over Zero

There's another song that's not required listening that ends the album but I'll let you digest on those 10. Good stuff. I should really get another album or two of hers...but I'm afraid it won't be as good, cause really how can she top this?

edit-Bought her first album, Pipes and Flowers, from Amazon MP3...a good 9 years after I got the above album. Long overdue obviously as I adore that album. Will probably pick them all up as she has amassed many after all these years. Liking what I'm hearing so far from this debut album. Labyrinth(above) is on this which leads into Mr. Want...which is pretty good after one listen...has a country twang to it which is different but cool. Listening to more songs off her debut...she is pretty damn good on this album too. Definitely a hidden gem in America at least. I was in Italy in 2003 and one of my distant cousins took me out to dinner with some of his friends and he was playing her in his car and I thought she was pretty damn good. When I got to a record store in Germany a few weeks later I picked up the Elisa album(above) and was floored. Imports have been available for some time now but I didn't jump on them cuz of the cost. AmazonMP3 solves that problem.

Maybe I never heard it before but listening to Pipes and Flowers she sounds A LOT like Natalie Imbruglia.

edit2-So I went balls out and bought 7 albums(Pipes and Flowers was pretty damn good as I said before in the first edit).

Pipes And Flowers
Asile's World
Then Comes The Sun(already have most of these songs on the Elisa album but there's a few different versions and 5 songs I haven't heard)
Lotus(acoustic versions of songs from above 3 albums)
Pearl Days
Ivy(A second acoustic album)
Steppin' On Water. (Which I think is compilation but looks like it has a few new songs not on previous albums).

Which leaves me missing the album Heart which is only available at the moment through a CD Import. Maybe iTunes has it for download. I'm missing other compilation albums that probably have a few new tracks not on the above but that will have to wait, one looks to be out of print(Caterpillar) besides the one that I own that is out of print.

She's pretty freaking good. When I make my way through all these songs I might make an official OT. =)

What do you think GAF?

Majmun

Just finished watching the Oprah interview
Rihanna is so nice
i78OJf5bNeHR8.gif

And y'all need to get over the Bruises thing. Because she did get over it.

Nemesis_

Anyone like Elisa, an italian artist? I got some Elisa vibes while listening to Jessie Ware's album. I only have one album by her(that's now out of print), her self-titled(compilation) album...which takes most of the songs from her previous release Then Comes the Sun which is still available.

I think it's one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. With 10 out of the 11 tracks being outstanding.

Listen yourself:

Come Speak To Me
Heaven Out of Hell - Top 10 Song of all time IMO.
Rainbow
Fever
Dancing - Another top song
It Is What It Is
Rock Your Soul - Another fav.
Labryinth
Stranger
A Little Over Zero

There's another song that's not required listening that ends the album but I'll let you digest on those 10. Good stuff. I should really get another album or two of hers...but I'm afraid it won't be as good, cause really how can she top this?

edit-Bought her first album, Pipes and Flowers, from Amazon MP3...a good 9 years after I got the above album. Long overdue obviously as I adore that album. Will probably pick them all up as she has amassed many after all these years. Liking what I'm hearing so far from this debut album. Labyrinth(above) is on this which leads into Mr. Want...which is pretty good after one listen...has a country twang to it which is different but cool. Listening to more songs off her debut...she is pretty damn good on this album too. Definitely a hidden gem in America at least. I was in Italy in 2003 and one of my distant cousins took me out to dinner with some of his friends and he was playing her in his car and I thought she was pretty damn good. When I got to a record store in Germany a few weeks later I picked up the Elisa album(above) and was floored. Imports have been available for some time now but I didn't jump on them cuz of the cost. AmazonMP3 solves that problem.

Maybe I never heard it before but listening to Pipes and Flowers she sounds A LOT like Natalie Imbruglia.

edit2-So I went balls out and bought 7 albums(Pipes and Flowers was pretty damn good as I said before in the first edit).

Pipes And Flowers
Asile's World
Then Comes The Sun(already have most of these songs on the Elisa album but there's a few different versions and 5 songs I haven't heard)
Lotus(acoustic versions of songs from above 3 albums)
Pearl Days
Ivy(A second acoustic album)
Steppin' On Water. (Which I think is compilation but looks like it has a few new songs not on previous albums).

Which leaves me missing the album Heart which is only available at the moment through a CD Import. Maybe iTunes has it for download. I'm missing other compilation albums that probably have a few new tracks not on the above but that will have to wait, one looks to be out of print(Caterpillar) besides the one that I own that is out of print.

She's pretty freaking good. When I make my way through all these songs I might make an official OT. =)

What do you think GAF?

I read Natalie Imbruglia, now you've got my interested. LOVE HER. We have the same birthday, we are meant to be together tbh

I read Natalie Imbruglia, now you've got my interested. LOVE HER. We have the same birthday, we are meant to be together tbh

Your birthday is the same as Natalie's or Elisa's? Both make good music and are hot, so it really doesn't matter. Natalie is one of my favorite artists as well if the avatar didn't give it away. Pipes and Flowers definitely sounds like Natalie that I really didn't hear on Elisa(which is essentially Then Comes The Sun). Listened to Then Comes The Sun just now, the 5 songs I hadn't heard before are pretty damn good, 4 really as 1 is a remix of Rainbow. Stellar album. Pipes and Flowers though was great on my listen to that though too which spurred this buying spree. 5 more albums to listen to!!! More feedback later on those when I get to them. Really hope you enjoy Elisa. She's great.

Ha. This is pretty crazy. I saw in Elisa's profile that she takes Bjork as an inspiration. Hadn't heard it on Pipes and Flowers or Then Comes The Sun but with Asile's World I'm definitely hearing the similarities. Like Chameleon and Happiness Is Home tracks 3 and 4. Asile's World(which is the song I didn't list before on the self-titled album, track 11)...also sounds like her too now that I think about it.

Pipes and Flowers-Natalie Imbruglia
Asile's World-Bjork

Majmun

This Elisa sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for posting.

When it comes to POP-Gaf recommendations:

Liked it a lot
- Bjork
- Azealia Banks
- Jessie Ware
- Grimes

Not my thing

- Kate Bush
- Ellie Goulding
- Marina and the Diamonds
- Fiona Apple

Still on queue
- Girls Aloud
- Elise

This Elisa sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for posting.

When it comes to POP-Gaf recommendations:

Liked it a lot
- Bjork
- Azealia Banks
- Jessie Ware
- Grimes

Not my thing

- Kate Bush
- Ellie Goulding
- Marina and the Diamonds
- Fiona Apple

Still on queue
- Girls Aloud
- Elise

It's Elisa. Not Elise. =)

This Asile's World album is blowing my mind. Really, it is. This is the best Bjork imitation I've ever heard.

After a few listens I've moved on pass Asile's World with just about every track at 5 stars. Up next is IVY, which is pretty damn emotional. Some songs are in Italian and I have no idea what the hell she's saying on those but all 5 songs so far have been great.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibeK9nciuMkyBg.gif

Happy Birthday to Demetria Devonne Lovato
who turns 20 today

iKlyx5S1Pb5KO.gif

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake

ikfxanA5EG5ST.gif
ikfxanA5EG5ST.gif