• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
RT for new page

Skyfall snippet

ec20fb7f.gif

#ADELE #SKYFALL

royalan

I'm...not sure if I like it. :(

My favorite Bond themes tend to be the ones that are packed with over-the-top drama and theatrics. Shirley Bassey's Bond themes will always be the most iconic of the franchise to me for this reason. After hearing the flawless Muse song that was passed up in the DJ room, I guess I was just expecting something really thrilling. In comparison, this is very restrained. Almost quiet.

Maybe I should just readjust expectations, though. Adele DOES sound great and this is only a snippet. :(

Koodo

Banned
I'm...not sure if I like it. :(

My favorite Bond themes tend to be the ones that are packed with over-the-top drama and theatrics. Shirley Bassey's Bond themes will always be the most iconic of the franchise to me for this reason. After hearing the flawless Muse song that was passed up in the DJ room, I guess I was just expecting something really thrilling. In comparison, this is very restrained. Almost quiet.

Maybe I should just readjust expectations, though. Adele DOES sound great and this is only a snippet. :(
Did I forget to tell you this would be more ominous rather than drama-cheese or rock-opera? It's meant to be a crossroad between classic Bond and the more serious tone of the Craig era.

Anyway, the song is around 4 minutes long and the strings kept building up, so it probably explodes into something dramatic later on.

After hearing the flawless Muse song that was passed up in the DJ room
Yes, stan.

royalan

LOL - I won't pretend to know enough about Muse and their music to give an authoritative opinion on them as a band. But I can't deny the chills Supremacy gave me.

Did I forget to tell you this would be more ominous rather than drama-cheese or rock-opera? It's meant to be a crossroad between classic Bond and the more serious tone of the Craig era.

Ominous sounds like a good word for it, actually.

Mau ®

What kind of slayage by Rihanna and Ke$ha?

Ke$ha and Rihanna return to Mainstream Top 40 with lead singles from forthcoming albums. Ke$ha’s “Die Young” (Kemosabe/RCA) soars in at No. 21 with Greatest Gainer and Most Added honors. The song is the introductory cut from her sophomore full-length album, Warrior, due Dec. 4. At No. 29, Rihanna bows with “Diamonds” (Def Jam/IDJMG), the lead track from her upcoming seventh set. The latter song’s first-day airplay (Sept. 26) was aided by top-of-the-hour promotional spins on participating Clear Channel Media and Entertainment-owned stations.

The debut rank of “Young” marks Ke$ha’s highest among 10 Mainstream Top 40 entries
(six of which have reached the top 10). Rihanna, meanwhile, extends her record sum for the most appearances in the chart's archives. Now with 34, she pulls further ahead of runners-up Mariah Carey and Britney Spears, each with 29. Madonna follows with 28 visits.

xaosslug

Christina Aguilera never made reported comments about her weight, says rep

Christina Aguilera graces the cover of the current issue of Billboard, and the story includes a lot of fun tidbits about her career, her upcoming album Lotus, The Voice, and more.

However, despite many reports to the contrary, one thing she didn’t talk about is her weight.

“She never said them,” Aguilera’s rep tells EW, referring to the body-related quotes many outlets attribute to the Billboard interview.
The misreported quotes include:

“I got tired of being a skinny white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl… [In 2002,] I had gained about 15 pounds during promotion and during my Stripped tour. They called this serious emergency meeting about how there was a lot of backlash about my weight. Basically, they told me I would effect [sic] a lot of people if I gained weight — the production, musical directors. They claimed people I toured with would also miss out if I gained weight because I would sell no records or tickets for my shows. I was young, so I lost the weight quickly and was toothpick thin during [2006's] Back to Basics promos and touring.”
And:

“I told them during this Lotus recording, ‘You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it. They need a reminder sometimes that I don’t belong to them. It’s my body. My body can’t put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore — my body is just not on the table that way anymore.”

Indeed, the quotes are nowhere to be found in either the print or online version of the Billboard story, not to mention her story in the current Lucky. Yet she did say the following to Lucky: “Actually, the challenge I’ve always had is being too thin, so I love that now I have a booty, and obviously I love showing my cleavage.”

So where did all those other quotes come from? For now, signs are pointing to an endlessly reblogged post on Tumblr.

5U4FP.gif

even ha FAKE quotes make headlines...
18MjS.gif

Bladenic

Yes Kesha, slay the charts. Wonder how many people called her a one hit wonder when Tik Tok slayed everything and cockblocked Gaga?

Adele's new song sounds like a more laid-back "Diamonds Are Forever" and will probably slay in Europe.

All this unexpected new competition for Leona (Adele, Rihanna, Swedish House Mafia, maybe Taylor Swift) is going to bury "Trouble" next week, but hopefully Leona will chart in the Top 5 to secure her record for most Top 5 singles by a female UK artist.

Glassheart will certainly be a #1 though - Syco never cared about her singles sales, as the lack of a physical release for any of her singles post-"Better In Time" makes evident. Album sales are her bread and butter, and you will bear witness to her dominance in two weeks' time.

Here's to a bloody fall of tea, tears, and wigs, gerls!

<3

Christopher

Why isn't Your Body doing better...I don't understand it's actually a really good song...Did Boinc leave that much of a sour taste in people's mouth? She really needs to do a promo on The Voice where she actually has some expose/in a good light.

Aw yeah... Skyfall sounds lovely. Bombastic and dramatic, like a bond song should sound. And Adele is just a perfect singer for this.

I do kinda hope the snippet is only the beginning of the spng though, and that theres a louder climax later on.

xaosslug

Why isn't Your Body doing better...I don't understand it's actually a really good song...Did Boinc leave that much of a sour taste in people's mouth? She really needs to do a promo on The Voice where she actually has some expose/in a good light.

slow and steady wins the race.

Lana should do a song on the soundtrack. Fits her style well.
True. The sound from her BTD album is pretty close to Bond as is, and Im sure they couldve made an epic song with her vocals... But Im not complaining about Adele though. Generally im not really a fan of her music, but theres no denying she is talented and perfect for a bond song.

October 26th. Are you hussies ready?

1. "In My Head"
2. "My Heart Is Refusing Me"
3. "Everytime"
4. "Euphoria"
5. "Crying Out Your Name"
6. "Do We Even Matter"
7. "Sidewalk"
8. "Sober"
9. "If She&#8217;s The One"
10. "Breaking Robot"
11. "See You Again"
12. "Heal" (featuring Blanks)

Aguila

#ICONIC
Videos

Sky Ferreira - Everything is Embarassing -She had basically no budget so she's just modeling for the camera for a whole 4 minutes -_-

Iggy Azalea - Bac 2 Tha Future (My Time) - Also looks like they had no budget.

These two videos make me appreciate Lana's homemade videos even more. Her videos are much more charming and she did them all on her own :]

Pepsi Commercial

Lana should do a song on the soundtrack. Fits her style well.

I wonder what films she is making songs for. The first thing I thought of when she stated that she was working for film soundtracks was a Bond movie...

Artemisia

Banned

1. "In My Head"
3. "Everytime"
4. "Euphoria"
6. "Do We Even Matter"
7. "Sidewalk"
8. "Sober"
9. "If She’s The One"
10. "Breaking Robot"
11. "See You Again"

Fucking FINALLY

Trigger

1. "In My Head"
3. "Everytime"
4. "Euphoria"
6. "Do We Even Matter"
7. "Sidewalk"
8. "Sober"
9. "If She’s The One"
10. "Breaking Robot"
11. "See You Again"

0wrU7.gif

I've heard enough of that song to last a life time.

royalan

jNZfrX56jG5Ib.png

christina-aguilera-video-shoot-your-body.png

parkbom.jpg

This dress is atrocious and pretty hard to pull off. Xtina should have layered it as well.

Sorry, but Christina wore that awful dress way better.

Bom looks a damn fool.

EDIT: I said this in another thread and this just proves my point: it's not so much that the dress is bad. It's just that it's NOT meant for curvy girls. The sheer pattern creating a curvy silhouette is meant to give boy-bodied, curveless women the appearance of voluptuous shape (like Ciara and Avril Lavigne, who have both worn this dress and actually looked great in it).

For girls who already have shape, this dress emphasizes all the wrong parts of the body, not to mention is cut way too short. Curvy girls want to wear a long cut dress, not to HIDE the body, but to get a cleaner silhouette around the hips. A dress like this, cut midway between the thigh and knee, disrupts the curve and makes the legs appear twiggy against a massive upper-body.

tl;dr: Don't wear this dress if you're not skinny. ;____;

Bladenic

Yes Crumpet, stan Loreen. Coming to destroy the (Swedish) competition. Agnes had a good run.

Also don't pretend like you didn't stan Euphoria Trigger.

tumblr_m6oyzwVCDC1qzl96d.gif

And that dress looks infinitely better on that Asian girl. Christina tried.

royalan

And that dress looks infinitely better on that Asian girl
. Christina tried.

You can't be serious. Removing celebrity bias, Bom (who I love) looks a damn trashy mess. It's cut all wrong for her, and that weird sheer tank-top thing she's layered it with makes it look all sorts of sloppy (it doesn't even match the length of the dress. Hint, that's a BAD thing). It's an incredibly messy look.

Christina doesn't look that great in this dress either, but at least she looks good from the front. Bom is not rocking this dress at any angle.

Bladenic

You can't be serious. Removing celebrity bias, Bom (who I love) looks a damn trashy mess. It's cut all wrong for her, and that weird sheer tank-top thing she's layered it with makes it look all sorts of sloppy (it doesn't even match the length of the dress. Hint, that's a BAD thing). It's an incredibly messy look.

Christina doesn't look that great in this dress either, but at least she looks good from the front. Bom is not rocking this dress at any angle.

Erm, I don't care about fashion or anything. I'm basically going by which looks more appealing to me from those photos, and it's the Asian.

tumblr_m9iwy6Bpzh1rql1tuo6_r1_250.gif

Trigger

Adorn You is such a bop. I love that beat. Cosmic's taste is flaw free.

Yes Crumpet, stan Loreen. Coming to destroy the (Swedish) competition. Agnes had a good run.

Also don't pretend like you didn't stan Euphoria Trigger.

And that dress looks infinitely better on that Asian girl. Christina tried.

t2Gve.gif

I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom