• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

MARINA &THE DIAMONDS ‏@MarinasDiamonds
Played "Your Body"/ Xtina 50 times. What is happening. I can't stop I won't stop

I always liked Marina and The Diamonds. That girl is really going places in this industry.

WjJ7v.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Is it really necessary to credit your fave with everything in the world?

Seriously. She's a big girl and the only reason the dress looked okay was because it was black, and she had all the video-editing in the world to give her a shape. As I said recently, she is a blob, and no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

Isnt that whats stanning all about?

Somewhat. Most stans aren't ridiculous to look at a picture of a fat person and say they have 'curves'. There is a great deal of reality in stanning, but it's mostly about being a good PR person. Like Rih stans. We'll always talk about #1 singles, but never talk about #1 albums. We're not lying, since she has a gazillion #1 singles, we just don't bring up album sales. The Xtina stans keep on bringing up her figure like it's some amazing thing when it's really not.

Bladenic

Seriously. She's a big girl and the only reason the dress looked okay was because it was black, and she had all the video-editing in the world to give her a shape. As I said recently, she is a blob, and no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

Somewhat. Most stans aren't ridiculous to look at a picture of a fat person and say they have 'curves'. There is a great deal of reality in stanning, but it's mostly about being a good PR person. Like Rih stans. We'll always talk about #1 singles, but never talk about #1 albums. We're not lying, since she has a gazillion #1 singles, we just don't bring up album sales. The Xtina stans keep on bringing up her figure like it's some amazing thing when it's really not.

Not even Sherlock Holmes could uncover a lie in this post.

tumblr_lskr4uazHd1qjxoz5o1_400.gif

it was a rethorical question...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well, that designer has (apparently) been around since a Ciara video a while back, and no body was rocking them threads. Christina wears that dress and BAM! there's a 'who wore it better' poll? *shrug*

why should it bother you anyway? Jeez.

sorry sis, I think I was a little unfair

iCjPinHvhP4gV.gif

royalan

All stan culture aside it's because Christina is not fat. She's gained weight, that much can't be denied. But to call her fat, the opposite end of the stan spectrum which you're deriding, is quite extreme.

I mean:

U0Ulu.jpg

How anyone can call that figure "fat" is absurd to me, and that's not even me speaking as an Xtina stan.

Granted, at times I do think she needs to dress in clothing that'll be more flattering to her figure (the dress she wore in the above picture is a good start), but most of the reason I speak defensively about her weight is because so many haters try to label her a tub of lard when she's really not that big.

By the way, I've seen Rihanna stans label her everything from the savior of the music industry to the savior of vocals. So i don't know where you're getting this platform to stand on. ;)

agrees-your-argument.gif

Well damn. There ya go.

Trigger

Calling Xtina fat just feels mean spirited tbh. She's gained a noticeable amount of age and weight, but not everybody can be ageless like Lucy Liu, Christine Brinkley, Heidi Klum, Stacy Dash, etc. Her figure isn't amazing, but I'm happy she's adjusted to it.

royalan

Calling Xtina fat just feels mean spirited tbh. She's gained a noticeable amount of age and weight, but not everybody can be ageless like Lucy Liu, Christine Brinkley, Heidi Klum, Stacy Dash, etc. Her figure isn't amazing, but I'm happy she's adjusted to it.

The voice of reason in the madness, as per.

xaosslug

wow... you are why people develop eating disorders. #fuckingfail

u1DKD.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
wow... you are why people develop eating disorders. #fuckingfail

http://i.imgur.com/u1DKD.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yes. I have all the power to make people have eating disorders. Not the fact that people with eating disorders have low self-esteem or worth to begin with.

You tried tho.

Artemisia

Banned
Yes. I have all the power to make people have eating disorders. Not the fact that people with eating disorders have low self-esteem or worth to begin with.

You tried tho.

And what do yew think causes that low self esteem? Their perception of their own body relative to what they see around them and what they hear.

You tried tho.

royalan

Speaking of trying...

Bruno Mars just debuted his new single.

Locked Out of Heaven

Verdict: Ew.

It's The Police mixed with a whole lot of noise. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing or feeling while listening to it. Not here for it at all.

And that's that.

ixuAzTs2N2iMY.gif

xaosslug

You tried tho.

yes, because if someone has low self-esteem and they are told how much of a fat blob they are that won't have any effect on them. Sure. And even if it does... who gives a fuck, right? Right. As a society, it's not our responsibility to love each other, or at the very least NOT pile on, esp. not when such disgusting comments are toward some rich bitch on stage/TV we don't even know. Mother Monster would be so proud of this thread.

#icannot

meaRU.gif

jNZfrX56jG5Ib.png

christina-aguilera-video-shoot-your-body.png

parkbom.jpg

This dress is atrocious and pretty hard to pull off. Xtina should have layered it as well.

Didn't know this atrocity could look any worse before I saw the second set. Wearing that mess underneath was the biggest mistake. But I do think, the second girl could rock it better if we had a better angle.

Trigger

I don't think the dress is flattering on either. It hugs the body and pushes down on the breasts vs giving them a nice lift.

#fashionpopgaf

Also:Bruno Mars is still trying? I won't lie tho. It Will Rain was my jam on the road. I'd sing with my peeps all the damn time.

royalan

I don't think the dress is flattering on either. It hugs the body and pushes down on the breasts vs giving them a nice lift.

#fashionpopgaf

Also:Bruno Mars is still trying? I won't lie tho. It Will Rain was my jam on the road. I'd sing with my peeps all the damn time.

Sis, that was GREAT read of that dress!

We need a fashion pop thread.

botty

Banned
I think everyone's just here for the Xtincta reaction GIFs tbh...

Good luck with that thread though

G1gOY.gif

This is mostly why I watch. Although, I do have the option of always watching for the talent that occasionally pops up. Unlike when watching with X Factor.

i6qlGnMrniO2d.gif

xaosslug

Speaking of trying...

Bruno Mars just debuted his new single.

Locked Out of Heaven

Verdict: Ew.

It's The Police mixed with a whole lot of noise. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing or feeling while listening to it. Not here for it at all.

And that's that.

]http://i.minus.com/ixuAzTs2N2iMY.gif

i hate it, personally, but (I've never been here for him/his songs, tbh) he's a radio darling and his singles always do really well, so going by his track record this will be another radio hit for him.

fxXcz.gif

Satch

Banned
somebody in the plug room suggested i try out pellegrino and perrier

i bought one of each and put them in the fridge

now i wait

(´ー`)┌

botty

Banned

now i wait

(´ー`)┌

Don't expect to be blown away. It's kind of a thing for people who don't drink, but need something at parties.

Nice avatar btw.
b80efe23.gif

Artemisia

Banned

now i wait

(´ー`)┌

That was me (´ー`)┌

Pellegrino is just plain water don't expect to be blownaway.mp3 (´ー`)┌

royalan

Oh xtincta is still fat.

How BRAVE.

What a PIONEER.

I suppose it must be difficult seeing a star so unashamed of the fact that she has a little extra weight on her body, seeing as your fave lost the ability to retain healthy fat deposits on her body somewhere around the turn of the last century.

M65fU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom