• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have been called POPARTGAF tbh

Pet-Shop-Boys-PopArt.jpg

Bladenic

OH and I just got home from Dark Knight Rises.... As Kyon loves to say, CRYING. Dat ending was so beautiful, I can't tbh ;_;.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If we're talking about art pop, let's talk about Talking Heads.

Remain In Light is their best album and you will deal.

Trigger

I'm going to have to look up Talking Heads. I think you'll be happy to know godelsmetric that I've finally embraced the beautiful Sugababes and slowly becoming a fan of Girls Aloud.

Progress!

Of course the night I'm not here we're actually in the Pop room and there are strobe lights.

It was amazing. There was even a block early on where people were playing lots of Rihanna.

Bladenic

Unfortunate title. But I welcome Guetta and Sia with wide open arms. In fact I hope she becomes his muse in the same way Chris Willis used to be. Titanium remains flawless and > your faves.

Nemesis_

That is definitely an interesting title.

I am sure it will be okay, a bit tired of Sia's voice (she's obviously bigger here than anywhere else for obvious reasons).

But we'll see. ^_^

I usually have a really high tolerance for radio songs but I can't stand Wild Ones. Something about the chorus pisses me off. And of course Flo Rida singing the same verses on EVERY song of his with the same instrumental melody is annoying as all hell. So, not for me, lol

Sia wrote Blank Page for Glassheart but Leona turned it down for another song that Sia wrote (title of that song is unknown).

Bummer that we'll never get to hear the whole thing (unless Sia releases her demo version or sells it to someone else). Song sounds really special, giving me "Someone Like You" vibes.

Nemesis_

no you guys won't like Sia's albums if you're expecting those dance songs on there. Lol

They should still look, tbh. A lot of them aren't "techno" or "electronica" but they do get quite a bit of play at clubs and send people into DANCING FITS, so it's not all bad.

Mumei

inthezone, how is this for day one before going for radio adds (8/13):

MARIAH CAREY - Triumphant (Get 'Em) f/R. Ross: 1.873 (+ 0.771)

Rhythmic: +66 bullet
Urban: +61 bullet

I have no idea what this means in terms of good / bad / or just okay.

Bladenic

inthezone, how is this for day one before going for radio adds (8/13):

MARIAH CAREY - Triumphant (Get 'Em) f/R. Ross: 1.873 (+ 0.771)

Rhythmic: +66 bullet
Urban: +61 bullet

I have no idea what this means in terms of good / bad / or just okay.

It's okay, not amazing or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom