• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I already do and watched it this past year. Some truly "standout" performances. Of course, we did get the amazing Euphoria and Loreen out of it, so it's not always a dud.

untitled-9f4mna.gif

botty

Banned
It's not even that for me, it's just that I usually never have an album or song that stands out as the best. Just a bunch that I think are great. I feel really hesitant when I'm about to rank one above the other.

Yeah. It will probably be easier for me to pick stuff for Marius' award thing, but this list I am making will also have some details as to why I picked them... so I want to make sure I pick the right songs.

Not that hard:

1. A song from Rihanna's Unapologetic
2-5. See #1

tznlaugh7.gif

I hope you read that wrong.
VjvlV.gif

Bladenic

Yeah. It will probably be easier for me to pick stuff for Marius' award thing, but this list I am making will also have some details as to why I picked them... so I want to make sure I pick the right songs.

I hope you read that wrong.
VjvlV.gif

Did I?

tznfunny.gif

Yes I did. I somehow got that you meant picking the worst songs. Teehee

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm having a hard time thinking of 10 albums I'd think were top. We don't have to do 10 albums and 15 singles do we? I'm thinking 5 and 10 respectively.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm ignoring the pressed troll

Wait it has to be a single?

omg there goes half of my list
VjvlV.gif

Yeah, 15 have to be actual released singles, then you pick one as an unreleased song.

Send in your top 15 songs of the year ranked from 1 to 15. They must have been released as a single during 2012 either in the US or the UK.

Send in one song that was not released as a single but it is found on an album that was released during 2012.

Artemisia

Banned
Some of the best songs on albums are never released though.

Marius, think of it like this.

what if it was 2011 and I wanted to put Scheiße on my list? hmmm?

2ccco.gif

I beg you to reconsider.

Cynosure

I fear ride may chart high on my song of the year list.
ohnod.png

American >>>

and I would have loved it a lot more if she had not soiled it with her incessant faux patriotism. I'm pretty sure in the song that “American” was a last minute substitution for different word. So desperate to make it big in the US that she’s willing to pollute richly produced music with “'merica fuck ya”

tumblr_mbu8gknDgm1r9misbo1_500.gif

tumblr_me79lhxEei1ri1mxoo1_500.gif

tumblr_lr4x2oAmag1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm having a hard time thinking of 10 albums I'd think were top. We don't have to do 10 albums and 15 singles do we? I'm thinking 5 and 10 respectively.

No, you have 2 weeks to discover 5 more albums. Or take one of our suggestions and add them to the end of your list ;)

Here is one
220px-Zedd_Clarity.jpg

Some of the best songs on albums are never released though.

Marius, think of it like this.

what if it was 2011 and I wanted to put Scheiße on my list? hmmm?

I beg you to reconsider.

If I let that happen then the nominees list would be as big as the PopGaf Olympics ballot
and that was such a hustle to rank for many, trying to avoid that. Singles work because they are known and provide receipts to use in case of a tie breaker.

I suggest you start lobbying for your favorite unreleased tracks tho

ib0Q9ia6abjESe.gif

Majmun

Draai een keer in het rond
Stamp met je voeten op de grond
Zwaai je armen in de lucht
Ga nu zitten met een zucht
Stap nu rond als een gans
Zo gaat de kabouterdans

iFURdyQP1fPg1.gif

royalan

Oh, yes... I stan for those monologues. They are Lana's best work tbh.

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

I remember when I met him, it was so clear that he was the only one for me. We both knew it, right away. And as the years went on, things got more difficult. We were faced with more challenges. I begged him to stay. Try to remember what we had at the beginning. He was charismatic, magnetic, electric and everybody knew it. When he walked in; every woman's head turned, everyone stood up to talk to him. He was like this hybrid, this mix of a man who couldn't contain himself. I always got the sense that he became torn between being a good person and missing out on all of the opportunities that life could offer a man as magnificent as him. And in that way I understood him and I loved him. I loved him, I loved him, I loved him, and I still love him. I love him.

iudPSkJoN5Ao2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom