• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Mariah and Nicki did their video like 3 years ago.

Why did Mariah shade ha about the singing.

syNmb.gif

She clocked ha good.

#queen

I'm torn by it though :(

Where's ITZ?

He has been MIA for a while. Maybe his classes started up again?... Hope he's ok.
7732f81d.png

Bladenic

Nnnnnnnngggg why am I excited for a new Pokemon game of all things? And the release date is so close. I'm going on media blackout so it's a completely new adventure, I don't even wanna see the starters :O

SaintZ

Well, some people on GAF have the starters as avatars already. I'm excited too and I didn't play Black and White x_x.

Time to start saving for a 3DS.

Bladenic

Well, some people on GAF have the starters as avatars already. I'm excited too and I didn't play Black and White x_x.

Time to start saving for a 3DS.

Yeah I highly doubt I'll make it without seeing the starters. Oh well, as long as I don't see too much.

Bladenic

Lmao I already looked at the starters. Why is the grass one so fucking atrocious, ew. The fire one is cool. If the fire one becomes fire/fighting again tho....

Aguila

#ICONIC
I even love the name.

Froakie *.*

Chespin's green hat thing looks stupid, and it looks like Fennekin has growths coming out of its ears. They tried tho.

Koodo

Banned
Let's not lie, Arular is MIA's only album worth talking about. Everything after has been one kalamity after the other.

i4xZepUFINuQE.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Her music is just so different from most of the stuff out there.

Exotic is how I'm describing it.

iblFNKPnSH5v10.gif

Give mia.jpg a chance.

Bladenic

I didn't vote, but I'm glad the fire starter isn't too far behind the water one. The grass deserves to be last. I hope it's evolutions look better, grass is almost always my favorite starter.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pour it up, Pour it Up, watch it all fall out

RIHANNA - Pour It Up: 16.644 (+ 0.133)

Pour it Up iTunes - #78

iEY8xYhbnPo9O.gif

And it's still not an official single.

Def Jam needs to make this next hit happen.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Is Stay even her next single?? Don't think I've heard it on radio yet.

Diamonds still gets a lot of airplay.

Stay is the UK single, all signs point to Right Now being the official second single, all the while Pour it Up is doing amazingly since it has had no promo and isn't even a single.

Bladenic

As per. The UK loves Rih and Stay is an amazing song.

C. AGUILERA & B. SHELTON - Just A Fool: 5.195 (+ 0.167)
KE$HA - C'mon: 35.841 (+ 2.444)

The real story is Bruno crossing over 200 Million AI, which is amazing and Bieber/Minaj are also clocking high updates for BaaB as well

JAF keeps on trucking *.* /Royalan

Zutroy

This OT seems to be going as quickly as the others. I'm sure it was at page 50 last time I checked in!

I found this blog post a few days before Xmas, and meant to post it in here to see your opinions.

It's the top 10 EPs of 2012.

Honorable Mentions: Havana Brown – When the Lights Go Out EP, Ke$ha – Deconstructed EP, Skylar Grey – The Buried Sessions of Skylar Grey EP, Karmin – Hello EP, My Name Is Kay – My Name Is Kay EP.

EP10_zpsb69b15e4.png

10. Icona Pop – Iconic EP: Swedish electro-pop duo Icona Pop brought us a fantastic summertime smash with “I Love It“. The hit had the winning formula to get everyone talking about the girls and they officially brought it with their 6-track EP, Iconic. The set is an assured collection of songs that can easily be appreciated as a pure pop blast. The Swedes do it again!

EP9_zpsd24e99ae.png

9. Katy B – Danger: Katy B remained pretty quiet throughout the year but the 23-year-old Brit hinted at the release of new material for sometime and we got it. Danger may have came late in the game this year but it’s very much worthy of a mention. The opening track alone, “Aaliyah” featuring the lovely Jessie Ware should be enough to win you over. It’s addictively danceable and melancholic. I can’t wait for her new album next year.

EP8_zps7774678e.png

8. The Cataracs – Gordo Taqueria: Hip-pop duo The Cataracs spent most of 2011 producing and jumping in on other artists’ tracks. This year, David and Niles finally released their anticipated EP, Gordo Taqueria, and it’s an absolute must have. Gordo Taqueria pays homage to their favorite Bay Area taco spot and features 8 club-ready tracks that bring out the best of their signature electro/hip-hop sound. The guys really stuck to their guns on this one, noting that they are more about parodying the club scene rather than banking on it. The EP proves that the boys are not only a “go-to” production team but artists who are confident and aware of their vision. I promise you won’t be disappointed, Gordo Taqueria slaps hard.

EP7_zpsb31eda38.png

7. Florrie – Late EP: Flaw-free English singer-songwriter, drummer, and model Florrie announced this year that she would be embarking into major label territory in 2013. Before that, the 23-year-old songstress treated us to her final set of independent tracks with her EP, Late. From start to finish you’re treated to a set of fantastic icy disco-pop jams packed with infectious pounding bass lines, addictive hooks, and electrifying production. I could not rave enough about it, but I wouldn’t expect anything less from someone part of the Xenomania production house.

EP6_zpsc7422644.png

6. Frank + Derol – Frank + Derol: Frank + Derol is still a name many of you probably aren’t familiar with but they for sure caught my attention with the release of their self-titled EP earlier this year. Consisting of singer Cori Coraco and Miley Cyrus‘ older half-sister, Brandi Cyrus, together they form a duo that is a match made in pop heaven. Based alone off their lead near-perfect first single “Barely Love You Too,” the girls show huge promise. Icy indie-pop anthems filled with glittering electronica, addictive hooks, and the dreamiest production. WIN WIN!

EP5_zps490813bd.png

5. Wynter Gordon – Human Condition: Pt. 1 Doleo: This year, creator of flawless dance-pop Wynter Gordon embarked on a inspiring new project where she would self-release a collection of four FREE EPs called, The Human Condition. Doleo, the first chapter of her Human Condition series did not disappoint. Known mostly for her anthemic dance-pop, Wynter explored rock, trip-hop, and what she calls “down-south hip hop and Celtic, classical music” that delved into deeper thematic material than the bubbly dance cuts for which she’s best known. Doleo is a gorgeous collection of 8-tracks packed with emotion and confidence from a singer well on her way to the top. Wynter can do no wrong.

EP4_zps6801b602.png

4. Sky Ferreira – Ghost: Last year, Sky Ferreira released the As If EP, a mostly upbeat collection of playful electro-pop jams and fun kiss-off tracks. In 2012, Sky proved that her range has no boundaries and that she can tackle just about any genre with Ghost. The set features 5 indie-pop anthems filled with infectious hooks, subtle hints of electronica, superb vocals and one of the best songs of the year, “Everything Is Embarrassing“. Her identity has no limits.

EP3_zpsc7f34313.png

3. Lana Del Rey – Paradise: Lana Del Rey had a lot to prove with her debut disc, Born to Die. The album went on to sell over two million copies and placed Lana on the cover of almost every major magazine (she also got herself a H&M campaign!). With the 26-year-old songstress now successfully established as one of the best new artists of the year, it’s no surprise that her Paradise EP sounds like the record she was always meant to make. Ethereal, graceful, and absolutely breathtaking.

EP2_zps0d8a5749.png

2. Azealia Banks – 1991: Azealia Banks may have not released her highly anticipated debut album and her debut single “212” may have done nothing in the states but in many ways 2012 belonged to Azealia Banks. The 21-year-old Harlem-based rapper drowned out the buzz with her charisma, uniqueness, and precocious talent, as showcased on her 1991 EP. The set is refreshingly innovative, full of ’90s house flavored beats, and is packed with enough slick hooks made perfect for any runway. Azealia has been pegged as a star all year long for a reason and all the hype is truly deserved.

EP1_zpsf181d85a.png

1. Solange – True: Having already been obsessed with 2008’s underrated Sol-Angel And The Hadley St Dreams and lead single “Losing You,” it’s no surprise that Solange‘s True EP gave me everything I needed this year. With production coming from Dev Hynes of Blood Orange, True turned out to be a treat from start to finish filled with endless amounts of infectious hooks, grooves of late-80s pop, bouncy drum patterns and bubbling electronica. True is without a doubt one of the strongest releases of 2012 and Solange has certainly certified herself as a artist of her very own. You found your niche girl!

I already owned about half of them, and made my way through the others I didn't have over the holidays.

Glad I did because I love Florrie, Solange and Frank + Derol's EPs, which I hadn't heard of before.

After listening to them all, I must admit that Lana is sooooo dull. I like Born to Die when listening to it on it's own, but when I had them all on shuffle together, I had to skip it whenever she came on because...Zzzz...

*runs*

Partition

Banned
This OT seems to be going as quickly as the others. I'm sure it was at page 50 last time I checked in!

I found this blog post a few days before Xmas, and meant to post it in here to see your opinions.

It's the top 10 EPs of 2012.

I already owned about half of them, and made my way through the others I didn't have over the holidays.

Glad I did because I love Florrie, Solange and Frank + Derol's EPs, which I hadn't heard of before.

After listening to them all, I must admit that Lana is sooooo dull. I like Born to Die when listening to it on it's own, but when I had them all on shuffle together, I had to skip it whenever she came on because...Zzzz...

*runs*

It's ok, there is a reason why they call her Nap Del Sleep™

i4xZepUFINuQE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom