• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Well, there's this...

w1tSp.gif

Speaking of Gaga, what happened to the Cake video? I was looking forward to it tbh.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, is that real?

Gaga jumped the shark.

Kyon

Banned
Gaga had the ARTPOP title since The Fame so if people say she jumped the shark then she did it when she made her debut

Idt just because she called pop ART in an interview that it was this plan to call her 3rd album ARTPOP you give her too much credit >_>

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Idt just because she called pop ART in an interview that it was this plan to call her 3rd album ARTPOP you give her too much credit >_>
No I am saying she had the word ARTPOP in her mind all this time since she has always been a fan of Andy Warhol. Don't be surprise if you see the title Private In Public in her future

Fey

Banned
the masterpiece that is Confessions On A Dance Floor (that REALLY doesn't get enough credit for ushering in the dance craze we're still experiencing)

iWjRf4z689RYv.gif

there are very few albums, if any, that i like as much as confessions.

can anyone recommend some good lana songs, btw? i've tried listening to BTD + Paradise Edition, but the album's like one long lullaby. but i know there are good lana songs out there, and a few were some of my favourites from last year.
i like BTD, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, Ride, and Cola.
I dislike Video Games and National Anthem.
I may have listened to more, but can't remember them.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iWjRf4z689RYv.gif

there are very few albums, if any, that i like as much as confessions.

can anyone recommend some good lana songs, btw? i've tried listening to BTD + Paradise Edition, but the album's like one long lullaby. but i know there are good lana songs out there, and a few were some of my favourites from last year.

American, Million Dollar Man, Dark Paradise, Off to the Races, This is What Makes Us Girls, Body Electric and Gods and Monsters Check em and report back. (I love every song tho)

Kyon

Banned
No I am saying she had the word ARTPOP in her mind all this time since she has always been a fan of Andy Warhol. Don't be surprise if you see the title Private In Public in her future

Hmmm I see I see

What kind of divine pop GENIUS? *O*

Could anyone be so PRODUCTIVE?

SaintZ

Unreleased: Serial Killer, Ridin' (A$ap Rocky feat. Lana del Rey), Children of The Bad Revolution, Driving In Cars With Boys, Hit and Run, Kinda Outta Luck, You Can Be The Boss, Hundred Dollar Bill.

Aguila

#ICONIC

My favorite leaked/old tracks from her are Serial Killer, Pawn Shop Blues, Paris, Driving In Cars With Boys (I cannot find the good version of it anywhere; it's on the God Bless America mixtape).

Others that you may like: Kinda Outta Luck and Marylin Monroe

Also, these two Blue Jeans remixes are amazing *.*
RAC Remix
Penguin Prison Remix

B-Dex

Oops....
something spilt.....

Unlike Madonna, whose latest Vancouver appearance was dominated by violent imagery and a borderline bullying attitude toward her longtime fans, Gaga continued to carry her trademark message of empowerment and self-love, which also appears in the form of her many charitable endeavours aimed at LGBT groups.

Bless the Vancouver Sun.

And in front of her giant castle she staked her claim as the queen of the pop scene once again.

royalan

I don't understand all the criticism Madge's tour gets from being violent. Ok, it has violent imagery...so what? It's clearly done on purpose. Does everything in the post-Gaga pop world have to be sunshine and rainbows and hand-holding? From the YT videos I've watched, the MDNA Tour seems to be well put together and executed - not to mention everyone I know who went to see Madge when she came to Philly loved the show (despite her being late kiiiii).

It seems like a lot of reviews get to caught up in comparing MDNA to the BTWB and scoring it down on all the ways that it differs. The BTWB is happy-happy-joy-joy so MDNA is bad for being violent and dark? Ch...GTFO.

B-Dex

I don't understand all the criticism Madge's tour gets from being violent. Ok, it has violent imagery...so what? It's clearly done on purpose. Does everything in the post-Gaga pop world have to be sunshine and rainbows and hand-holding? From the YT videos I've watched, the MDNA Tour seems to be well put together and executed - not to mention everyone I know who went to see Madge when she came to Philly loved the show (despite her being late kiiiii).

It seems like a lot of reviews get to caught up in comparing MDNA to the BTWB and scoring it down on all the ways that it differs. The BTWB is happy-happy-joy-joy so MDNA is bad for being violent and dark? Ch...GTFO.

I went to both. I definitely had a much better time at the BTWB. Madge was a total beastly cunt the entire show. While it was executed flawlessly she was just a bitch the entire time. Complaining to the crowd even.

Fey

Banned
American, Million Dollar Man, Dark Paradise, Off to the Races, This is What Makes Us Girls, Body Electric and Gods and Monsters Check em and report back. (I love every song tho)

American
jJz59.gif
Very nice.
Million Dollar Man was also really nice. Not as good as American though.
Dark Paradise
zb671.gif
Loved it.
Off to the Races was just okay. :$
This is What Makes Us Girls was also just okay. I think I like Lana's slower songs, now that I think about it.
Body Electric ... there was something haunting and scary about it. I liked it.
Gods and Monsters was also really good.

Thank you so much. *.*

Unreleased: Serial Killer, Ridin' (A$ap Rocky feat. Lana del Rey), Children of The Bad Revolution, Driving In Cars With Boys, Hit and Run, Kinda Outta Luck, You Can Be The Boss, Hundred Dollar Bill.

Serial Killer is amazing. Ridin' was okay. CotBR had a nice, classic feel to it. I liked it. DiCwB made me happy, a nice uplifting tune. Hit & Run whoaaaa. I didn't think I'd like a Lana song like this. This is really damn good. O_O Kinda Outta Luck another faster Lana song I like. YCBTB was okay. Same with Hundred Dollar Bill.

How were these unreleased? They're so good. Thank you. <3

My favorite leaked/old tracks from her are Serial Killer, Pawn Shop Blues, Paris, Driving In Cars With Boys (I cannot find the good version of it anywhere; it's on the God Bless America mixtape).

Others that you may like: Kinda Outta Luck and Marylin Monroe

Also, these two Blue Jeans remixes are amazing *.*
RAC Remix
Penguin Prison Remix

I wasn't really liking Pawn Shop Blues at first, but it grew on me fast. So simple and beautiful. Loved the music, makes me want to go on a walk in Paris or something lol. omg Paris was also amazing. Both it and Marilyn Monroe were very cute.

Listening to the remixes now. Really enjoying them. Didn't think Lana's songs would sound good with this kinda music.

I am leaning towards stanning territory with Lana now. These were really good.

And lol ^ @ that Vancouver Sun review. They praised the MDNA Tour didn't they?

As Nicki Minaj said in her guest appearance on the stage's massive LED screen during I Don't Give A, "There's only one Queen and that's Madonna."
When the concert finally culminated on a jubilant note with I'm Addicted, the Bollywood-inflected I'm A Sinner, ending with fan favourite Like A Prayer (complete with gospel choir) and Celebration, there was no doubt Madonna still had a firm grip on her pop crown.

Vazra

American
jJz59.gif
Very nice.
Million Dollar Man was also really nice. Not as good as American though.
Dark Paradise
zb671.gif
Loved it.
Off to the Races was just okay. :$
This is What Makes Us Girls was also just okay. I think I like Lana's slower songs, now that I think about it.
Body Electric ... there was something haunting and scary about it. I liked it.
Gods and Monsters was also really good.

Thank you so much. *.*

Stan our Queen!

ibpFUddwAk4ew9.gif

royalan

...wait. So what exactly is Gaga doing for youth that is so drastically different than what any other celebrity has done before? The Born This Way Foundation?

Can she PLEASE just shut her fucking mouth and make music? She makes it really hard to stan for her over the smell of her farts.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
...wait. So what exactly is Gaga doing for youth that is so drastically different than what any other celebrity has done before? The Born This Way Foundation?

Can she PLEASE just shut her fucking mouth and make music? She makes it really hard to stan for her over the smell of her farts.

The BTWF was just established last year and its barely starting to do its work this year

let me just roll my eyes at your comment and ignore the fact that 3 days ago your fave made some babbling comment about bullying while doing nothing about it except continue to watch her sales drop as even Warrior is about to surpass her.

Vazra

Bless!

royalan

The BTWF was just established last year and its barely starting to do its work this year

let me just roll my eyes at your comment and ignore the fact that 3 days ago your fave made some babbling comment about bullying while doing nothing about it except continue to watch her sales drop as even Warrior is about to surpass her.

Xtina made a comment about bullying, nothing bad about that. She's not blowing some bullshit hot air on twitter about how she's the "only one" who takes adolescents seriously.

That would be like Xtina saying she's the only one who cares about ending world hunger because of her work with Yum! Brands and the World Food Programme.

Fey

Banned
ughhh, i find this sharon/kelly vs gaga feud so pointless. i don't mind what gaga does and is trying to do - it's admirable and it's never wrong to want to help anyone out.

but the problem is that no one listens to her, which is evident when you look at her fanbase, which is pointlessly aggressive. instead of LISTENING and LEARNING from gaga's lessons to love yourself and everyone and to never judge, they use her kindness as AMMO to use against other fanbases, to prove why gaga's better than them.

that's why i hate when gaga tries to be all "i'm a humanitarian, etc., etc." because it's obvious she's not really one when she's bred a bunch of insane and aggressive people who hope for death, rape, etc. on anyone who says they don't like her, and anyone who threatens her success. all pop stans are pretty much like this, but other pop acts don't claim to be activists or humanitarians.

that's another reason why i wish she goes back to her TF/M ways, where it was just about the music, style, videos, and fashion. she told people to embrace everyone and themselves, and fought for gay rights, like many celebrities do, but didn't shove it down everyone's throats like she did with BTW - it was more of a side thing.

kelly didn't even insult gaga, did she? she just said her fans are terrible. i don't know how gaga can pretend they aren't.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Xtina made a comment about bullying, nothing bad about that. She's not blowing some bullshit hot air on twitter about how she's the "only one" who takes adolescents seriously.

That would be like Xtina saying she's the only one who cares about ending world hunger because of her work with Yum! Brands and the World Food Programme.

But who is actually doing something about it? People like Xtina just talk about it saying its bad but then go back to doing nothing. Gaga is actually trying and has every right to, she shouldnt stop just because she is a pop star. She has the money and resources to help adolescents

And you know the reason why Xtina does nothing about it, because like Madonna it wouldn't be taken seriously with their repulsive attitude towards others
iO5DbdgI8LyNP.gif

royalan

But who is actually doing something about it? People like Xtina just talk about it saying its bad but then go back to doing nothing. Gaga is actually trying and has every right to, she shouldnt stop just because she is a pop star. She has the money and resources to help adolescents

And you know the reason why Xtina does nothing about it, because like Madonna it wouldn't be taken seriously with their repulsive attitude towards others
iO5DbdgI8LyNP.gif

Not disagreeing about Madonna, but Xtina has other initiatives. Her humanitarian efforts have been focused on world hunger.

And I'm not bashing Gaga for her youth activism. I think that's great. But does she have to be such a pretentious snob about it?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ughhh, i find this sharon/kelly vs gaga feud so pointless. i don't mind what gaga does and is trying to do - it's admirable and it's never wrong to want to help anyone out.

but the problem is that no one listens to her, which is evident when you look at her fanbase, which is pointlessly aggressive. instead of LISTENING and LEARNING from gaga's lessons to love yourself and everyone and to never judge, they use her kindness as AMMO to use against other fanbases, to prove why gaga's better than them.

that's why i hate when gaga tries to be all "i'm a humanitarian, etc., etc." because it's obvious she's not really one when she's bred a bunch of insane and aggressive people who hope for death, rape, etc. on anyone who says they don't like her, and anyone who threatens her success. all pop stans are pretty much like this, but other pop acts don't claim to be activists or humanitarians.

that's another reason why i wish she goes back to her TF/M ways, where it was just about the music, style, videos, and fashion. she told people to embrace everyone and themselves, and fought for gay rights, like many celebrities do, but didn't shove it down everyone's throats like she did with BTW - it was more of a side thing.

kelly didn't even insult gaga, did she? she just said her fans are terrible. i don't know how gaga can pretend they aren't.

So you are letting people like me represent all of Gaga's fanbase? It isn't Gaga's fault that some bad apples have taken a liking to her. Her fanbase is one of the biggest therefore you are going to find more cunts in it. It would be rather stupid if she were to stop her work because of what a couple of thousand twitter monsters have tweeted. Its no use in her addressing it ( she did in the letter to Kelly btw) because some us just enjoy stan wars a bit too much and are not here for her message completly. But I've seen time and time again how she has influence the mindset of many teens for the better, it is why I take an issue when people tell her to stop because she shouldn't. The BTWF is barely starting and this country as seen by events in 2012 needs all the help in can get dealing with mental issues.

But does she have to be such a pretentious snob about it?
She didn't get where she is at without being one, so why stop now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom