• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
people are saying she said the single is coming sooner than expected around Electri Chapel, can you confirm this?
I don't remember her saying anything like that.

She confused the audience for a bit when she said she would play a new song, but she was referring to The Queen being a "new" song for the tour.

Still crying.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm making it, but we haven't got anything to go on and it's WAY too early.

I mean look what happened to the LOTUS OT

Make the lead single thread first

then hold the ARTPOP thread till a week before unless she does promo singles leading up to the release
tumblr_m7ogakmoe51roo2na.gif

botty

Banned
Chris, do you have a reason for your selections?

Anyway, I am at Victory Road... which is the prelude to the Pokemon League. So my pokemon/popgaf member mega post will be coming soon... I hope no one is offended by my reasons.

ibhwBtpAcdD0ZC.gif

Bladenic

I'd prefer to be an antagonist tho
ibanTdegZrdj9t.gif

What about SETZER :mad:

Or MOG :D

Sorry sis no take backs. You're Gau :D

Trust me tho, if you could name Kefka you would have been him and the rest would have been Gaga stans haha

And no Botty no specific reasons. At first I was gonna name all the males after us "straights" and the females after the gay PG members. But FFVI only has 3 female party members so that's out the window. Now I'm just naming them as I think of them, for the most part.

B-Dex

Versace was in the monster pit. I had a moment during the show...like I ascended and became a superior being.

Sceibe choreo slayed. Marc was such a stud tonight. I can't even review the concert right now.

Fey

Banned
It's hot garbage, lbr

A disappointing album that becomes even more disappointing when you realized that she actually made an album worse than Hard Candy.

it wasn't that bad. HC had such heinous crimes such as Incredible, Spanish Lesson, and Beat Goes On. No song on the standard edition of MDNA comes close to being as bad as those.

she needs to stop collaborating with current artists, especially if they're nicki minaj and LMFAO. she has 12 #1s, and not a single one a collab (which can't be said about certain other singers
9f1de191.gif
)

royalan

You know, I think I've said this before but...going back to it...I don't think Hard Candy is nearly as bad as the criticism it gets.

I think, for me at least, coming after the masterpiece that is Confessions On A Dance Floor (that REALLY doesn't get enough credit for ushering in the dance craze we're still experiencing), I was expecting an album BIGGER than Hard Candy. I mean, it's Madonna; she's the HBIC of Pop and has done it all. I think people expect big, experimental albums from her at this point in her career. So, when we got Hard Candy, which was just a basic Pop album helmed by fad producers Timbaland and The Neptunes, it's overall safeness was magnified 10-fold by the fact that people have much higher expectations from Madonna, and so the hate poured in.

But, removing Madonna's legacy from the equation and just listening to Hard Candy for what it is, it's not a bad 2008 Pop album. In fact, it's kind of a Bop. If it had been the album of some new-to-the-scene artist, I think it would have been better received. At least, I think so.

Trigger

No shade, but I genuinely don't even remember Hard Candy. I had to wiki it just to remember some of the tracks. I suppose MDNA is better in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom