• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDonut

Banned
Rihanna for Complex Magizine

gwell_rihanna_7.jpg

I like that show.
Hnnnng She's hot.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Weren't you a Squints stan for a few weeks when her buzz singles were slaying iTunes?

Oh.

The hell are you talking about, I'm still a Taylor Swift stan since State of Grace and RED gave me life in the dire weeks of 2012, and then I went an discover bops from her previous albums thanks to Stefan

keep up
iCN8Jtn82VIDn.gif

B-Dex

And yet again, me pointing out the obvious results in personal attacks.

Keep trying it cunts.

Y'all can stay pressed while my fav goes on the final leg of her world tour to rave reviews while your former prince tries it with a Robin Thicke B-Side.

Exscf.gif

S&T is still better than any single our pop faves came out with in 2012, so 2013 is already off to a great start. The 20/20 Experience is gonna be a monster hit.

S&T will do just fine. Everybody at work has been talking about it and they're not typically attuned to pop culture current events. It's obvious that there's an incredible amount of hype surrounding his return so I can see every single he releases this year be a relative smash, assuming the track isn't completely unlistenable.

If anything he might steal some thunder away from Lady Gaga this year. She's so excessive and over-the-top that JT's comparatively laid back pop songs might look even better in comparison. Lady Gaga came off as an uber tryhard in 2011 mostly because of the music that was playing around the time of BTW's release. I'm hoping Gaga's singles are more in the accessible vein and not so calculating and niche.

Trigger

S&T is still better than any single our pop faves came out with in 2012, so 2013 is already off to a great start. The 20/20 Experience is gonna be a monster hit.

S&T will do just fine. Everybody at work has been talking about it and they're not typically attuned to pop culture current events. It's obvious that there's an incredible amount of hype surrounding his return so I can see every single he releases this year be a relative smash, assuming the track isn't completely unlistenable.

If anything he might steal some thunder away from Lady Gaga this year. She's so excessive and over-the-top that JT's comparatively laid back pop songs might look even better in comparison. Lady Gaga came off as an uber tryhard in 2011 mostly because of the music that was playing around the time of BTW's release. I'm hoping Gaga's singles are more in the accessible vein and not so calculating and niche.

I'm hoping the same. She seems to understand this herself though if her comments are anything to go by. I think Gaga knows that TFM era was more popular despite the mileage she's gotten out of the BTW era.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Y'all can stay pressed while my fav goes on the final leg of her world tour to rave reviews while your former prince tries it with a Robin Thicke B-Side.

Exscf.gif

nnnnnnnnnnnnng

And I cant at the JT stans celebrating that it went to #1 in iTunes in less than 8 hours, after all this years and thats the best it can do. Gaga will just have to show them again what it means to climb and break records

ARTPOP is coming to get rid of this bore fest noise
Exscf.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Chris 'cheats' on Rihanna with this girl, apparently. I use 'cheat' loosely, since who knows what the fuck kind of relationship they have going on.

6NEM6.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
I see Suit & Tie is experiencing the reverse situation of Your Body.

Fickle cunts.

ibxHiqsaXSbnXW.gif

But people here weren't hating on the song. We all agreed it was okay minus the intro and the Jay-Z part. It's just that after it's grown, those parts, while still terrible, don't take away as much from the goodness that is JT.

Kyon

Banned
I think people are riding the "ZOMG IT'S NOT TOP40/EDM/DUBSTEPZ/MAINSTREAM" train too damn hard. If this weren't a JT song y'all wouldn't give any kind of DAMN

DMeisterJ

Banned
Before the song released:

We're less than two hours from the release of "Suit and Tie".

Get your iTunes wallets/gift cards ready

iECo6O9SQR3TW.gif

Upon my first listen:

Not a lie spotted. Not here for this flop.

Another flop comeback.

After a few listens:

This has 'buzz single' written all over it when it doesn't do well. It's okay but I'm not here for the Jay verse, and the intro is awful.

There is no fickleness in my opinion between last night and it going #1 on the iTunes charts.

It's only been Artemisia and DMJ

but was anyone checking for their opinions in the first place?
ibhwBtpAcdD0ZC.gif

I think people are riding the "ZOMG IT'S NOT TOP40/EDM/DUBSTEPZ/MAINSTREAM" train too damn hard. If this weren't a JT song y'all wouldn't give any kind of DAMN

iqK7TkHSCduRx.gif
ES

Artemisia

Banned

why does it have to be like this tho

if you like it, you're on the anti top 40 bandwagon, and if you don't like it you are an R&B hater who lives off of Katy Perry singles.

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

but was anyone checking for their opinions in the first place?
ibhwBtpAcdD0ZC.gif

Exscf.gif

this gif is everything

Majmun

Both DC's and JT's new stuff have slayed me. Both are great tracks.

Bey is next. I still can't believe she hasn't dropped her new single yet.

Fey

Banned
Personally, I'm of the mindset that if the bad parts of a song take up near a 1/3 of the song's time. Then the song is bad.

That's why I'm calling the song bad.
The JT parts are okay, but the Jay-Z parts completely ruin the song, and they feel sooo long.

But the song is causing more hype than I thought. My local top 40 radio station keeps playing it, and they keep talking about it, and they're holding a contest to give away the new album when it comes out. I don't remember the station going this crazy over a new song since BTW.

royalan

That's why I'm calling the song bad.
The JT parts are okay, but the Jay-Z parts completely ruin the song, and they feel sooo long.

But the song is causing more hype than I thought. My local top 40 radio station keeps playing it, and they keep talking about it, and they're holding a contest to give away the new album when it comes out. I don't remember the station going this crazy over a new song since BTW.

One word: Payola.

Trigger

JT has a lot of goodwill in the music community. I think Justified and Futuresex Lovesounds are mostly remembered fondly. Oh and yeah probably a little payola involved.

Fey

Banned
listened to it again, and it's worse than i remembered.

ihEcKD8qgUMOF.gif

i still have faith in JT though. the song is no Big Hoops.

RubyFaith

Justin's song truly is underwhelming simply because it's Justin. Not to mention this is a comeback after being away from the music scene for so long and he returns with something so...mediocre.

This is the kind of track an artists sneaks onto their album and when you listen to it, it shocks you making you go "Whoa! I didn't know this type of song was on here. So different from the others~"

Had he gone for something a little bit more upbeat to start with (because we were all anticipating a sexy back 2.0 lbr) and transitioned to a mellow song that is Suit and Tie
basic as fuck title too btw
, it'd probably be a different story as far as opinions goes.

The song isn't terrible, at all. It just isn't worthy of being number one or stanned. However, we all know how name alone gets your worse songs even the best praises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom